• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you pro-abortion?

So we agree that it would be great if abortions were rare.
Elective abortions are being more rare.

Thankfully , in the United States the elective abortion numbers have fallen dramatically in the last several years.

Over 92 percent of women in the United States are being responsible for their fertility by using Birth control consistently.
( unless they are currently pregnant or are actively trying to become pregnant.)

Info from :

https://www.self.com/story/report-two-thirds-women-use-birth-control

From the article :

Oh, and as for 35.1 percent of women who aren’t using contraception?

They’re not all just having unsafe sex.

About half of them (17 percent of the respondents) hadn’t had sex in the past three months while the rest were either pregnant, postpartum or trying to conceive (7.5 percent), or, indeed, sexually active but not using protection (7.9 percent).

@Lursa

The mechanisms and many other things are completely different, so your comparison does not hold. Guns shoot deadly projectiles that easily kill people. Elective abortions aren't used as a weapon.

LOL You kinda destroyed your own point and made mine.

But your articulation, in context, supported it.

You think that comparing the freedom to not choose to get an abortion and the freedom to not get a gun is good. It's not.

You think that comparing the freedom to not choose to get an abortion and the freedom to not get a gun is good. It's not.

Your opinion 🤷

I don’t even know what that means. Does it mean that a person advocates for as many abortions as possible? If you consider yourself to be pro-abortion, explain why.

And no, liberals are not “pro-abortion”. We are indeed “pro-choice”. Truth is, for the most part, and as Bill Clinton once explained, we would prefer to see as FEW abortions as possible, but we are simply against having the state (government) intervene in what should be a personal decision for a particular woman. As someone else said, right wingers crow about wanting the government out of people’s lives—except for when they don’t.

So we liberal put our money where our mouth is by supporting the goal of Planned Parenthood to provide education about and access to birth control for those who would otherwise lack it, and thus lessening the number of abortions. What could possibly be wrong with that?
I am pro-abortion for tons of people. Poor people. Criminals. Mental issues. Uneducated people. Etc. Should be banned from having children.

We have way too many ****ing people running around draining society of resources, hurting society with criminal behavior, aspiring to low/dead end jobs.

You are. About as wrong as any person could be. Please explain your reasoning so that I have an even bigger smile!! LOL :)

I am pro-abortion for tons of people. Poor people. Criminals. Mental issues. Uneducated people. Etc. Should be banned from having children.

We have way too many ****ing people running around draining society of resources, hurting society with criminal behavior, aspiring to low/dead end jobs.
Not to mention the planet is already overpopulated. Why force people to bring more people into the world, especially if they do not want to?

Not to mention the planet is already overpopulated. Why force people to bring more people into the world, especially if they do not want to?
I forgot to mention that part... I am also pro-abortion for a couple of billion Chinese, Indian, Africans, South East Asians and the Scottish....

Nonsense.

Most pro choice people favor policies like quality sex ed and easy access to free or cheap birth control, that actually reduce the amount of abortion
You think he actually believes such a stupid thing
?

Of course it's relevant. Wouldn't it be better for young girls to NOT get abortions?
It would be better for young girls to not get pregnant, but if they do......it's probably better for them to abort than to give birth. Age 15 and under is considered a high risk pregnancy.

I read it, it's just a bunch of horse shit that liberals spew because they can't own up to their position that they are in fact pro-abortion. It's it was about choice you would call it the right to choose but no one is doing that.
That is exactly what Roe v Wade called it. What do you think pro-choice means other than the right to choose: choose to give birth, give up for adoption, raise or abort; choose whatever is the best for the family, the woman, her partner, their kids, the extended family.

You do realize that pro-life women get abortions at the same rate as all other women and they get them for the same reasons that pro-choice women get them: because the family can't give a child the stability and the loving care that every child needs.

If you want to criticize women for getting abortions, start on your own pro-life women, make them give birth to a child they cannot raise. See how well that turns out.

Back
Top Bottom