• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are You Owned by Algorithm's

Are You Owned by Algorithm's

• I don't know what you are talking about

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It is sad to see so many people hating "conservatives or liberals" instead of just hating those that do stupid things.

It is the divisive nature of today and evidence of how many people are OWNED by youtube, Facebook, etc's algorithms.

It is sad to see so many people hating "conservatives or liberals" instead of just hating those that do stupid things.

It is the divisive nature of today and evidence of how many people are OWNED by youtube, Facebook, etc's algorithms.

I do not use Twitter and Facebook, but I do use YouTube frequently. I try not to be owned by its algorithms. But I am sure I am influenced by them to some degree.

So long as you remember not to trust the algorithms, you are at least somewhat prepared when you see weird stuff start being suggested, and wonder why.

It's interesting to see Youtube suggesting stuff I'm not interested in because I know it's misinformation or pointless time wasting (IMO) when I've watched some videos that the algorithm thinks are related enough I might be drawn in.
It's also why some videos I refuse to watch while logged into youtube, because I don't want that to happen.

Who does "stupid things"?

Trump pardons Steve Bannon as one of his final acts in office​

https://www.cnn.com › 2021/01/19 › politics › steve-bann...

Jan 20, 2021 — Sources: Trump tells people he's decided to pardon Steve Bannon 02:00 ... with defrauding donors of more than a million dollars as part of ...

June 4, 2014

Link to cached page of this Washington Post article,
https://webcache.googleusercontent....y.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera

.. was “Don't do stupid” things — and President Donald Trump's was to ... The Obama administration also tried a “pivot to Asia,” later...
Apr 26, 2021

"...Mr. Biden pleaded with local politicians not to spend the money on “stupid things” but he pleaded in vain. An Alaskan village called Ouzinkie, population 167, received a $15 million airport while some major hubs received nothing. Only about 10% of the law’s spending, or $80 billion, was devoted to infrastructure—and very little went to critical work. Funding “shovel-ready” projects promised by Mr. Obama meant that money didn’t go to the bridges most in need of repair but to jobs that could quickly clear the thicket of regulatory permitting. Repaving roads was a typical activity; less than 12% of the infrastructure spending went for work on bridges. A promised green-jobs boom never materialized.

Mindful of the Obama-era failures, current Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg suggested that this time will be different when he was asked how quickly Americans would see the results of this week’s law:...."

I am not a member of any social media that uses algorithms.

I'm owned by Manchester United.

I don't know how that happened. Must've been pretty drunk one night 🤷‍♂️

I just can’t help myself when I see a cooking hack video pop up and they know it.

Nobody owns me.

You know what pisses me off?

Where the hell did that apostrophe come from?

It's like I don't even know you, man.
It is a Slavic word.

Last edited:
Um, yeah.. but NO.

Do you think Trump, Barr, or Foxnews would exhibit the enormous restraint, in the face of a federal judge remarking similarly about
the wording of a Mueller indictment that Biden, Garland, and MSM are holding themselves to.... so far?

51910609131_fba810d58a_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom