• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you offended by this poster?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I find blue whales with whistles very offensive but I do see what some could be offended about. All the little misbehavers are dark than the cool kids.

Josie, Are you talking about the lifeguard manspreading?

those ol' trouble makin' hyper-pigmented kids.

as for offended, not really. i'm sure that fox will give this political correctness crisis saturation coverage to stir up the wingers, though.

also, i would almost swear that i saw this poster at a pool in like 1986. and props to the one sideburns kid for being neutral cool, and for growing sideburns at age ten. i'm 41, and i still can't grow sideburns. i have a decent beard, though, and i don't dive on other kids, or dive at all, for that matter.

also, i would almost swear that i saw this poster at a pool in like 1986. and props to the one sideburns kid for being neutral cool, and for growing sideburns at age ten. i'm 41, and i still can't grow sideburns. i have a decent beard, though, and i don't dive on other kids, or dive at all, for that matter.

It does look like something from our childhood.

It does look like something from our childhood.

it's the whale with the whistle part. i'm probably inventing memories, but that looks really familiar.

it's the whale with the whistle part. i'm probably inventing memories, but that looks really familiar.

He kinda reminds me of the Starkist tuna:

0008000000145_500X500.jpg

Well it's from 2014, it apparently took 2 years for a SJW mom to find the hidden racist meaning behind the poster.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pool-safety-poster-prompts-red-cross-apology/

What is the odds of all the dark kids being bad and white kids all being cool, you know, completely by chance? Had I just seen the poster at the Y I would have never thought of it, but if you look at it, yea, it is very obvious.
SJW? Abandon all common sense ye who enter here!

What's wrong with what the little kid whose in the middle of his dive is doing?

not suppose to dive on the cute little white girl, might break your neck and hurt her.

Can't dive head-first, I guess. I don't understand what the kid on the other side of the divider is doing.

What is the odds of all the dark kids being bad and white kids all being cool, you know, completely by chance? Had I just seen the poster at the Y I would have never thought of it, but if you look at it, yea, it is very obvious.

And sometimes a poster is just a poster.

Those who look for reasons to be be offended are sure to find them and / or invent them.

Is the offense that the poster has all the non-white kids breaking rules and all the white kids behaving?

Except it wouldn't be true since at least two white boys are misbehaving and several black kids aren't. If anything, it's more sexist than racist since the little boys are doing bad things but no little girls are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except it wouldn't be true since at least two white boys are misbehaving and several black kids aren't. If anything, it's more sexist than racist since the little boys are doing bad things but no little girls are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do have the chick on the bottom right-hand side pushing the other girl in the pool.

Yeah, even as insensitive as I am about such things, it's obvious. I doubt whoever did the poster meant anything by it but I can see the issue.

The kid to the right of him looks like he's drowning. Parents should be mad that the message is if a kid is drowning, carry on with your usual pool time activities.

not suppose to dive on the cute little white girl, might break your neck and hurt her.

She shouldn't be in the dive area but you know how gingers are.

Back
Top Bottom