• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you in the Global Top 10%?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
It's almost a sure bet that you're in, if you own your own home, have a 401K, an investment account or a couple nice new cars.

A net worth of $93,170 U.S. is enough to make you richer than 90 percent of people around the world, Credit Suisse reports. The institute defines net worth, or "wealth," as "the value of financial assets plus real assets (principally housing) owned by households, minus their debts."

More than 102 million people in America are in the 10 percent worldwide...

These numbers reflect the extreme level of persistent wealth inequality. As Credit Suisse puts it, "While the bottom half of adults collectively owns less than 1 percent of total wealth, the richest decile (top 10 percent of adults) owns 85 percent of global wealth, and the top percentile alone accounts for almost half of all household wealth (47 percent)."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/how...percent-worldwide.html?recirc=taboolainternal

So, what was all this garbage about make America great again? Oh, yeah. It was political fodder for the suckers to buy into, of course.

America was never that great. Cuomo said so. Send all your money to the poor elsewhere and put your money where your mouth is. Then America will be great. Poor, but great. Do you think the people we send all the money to will take pity, and send it back? I doubt it, but we should refuse it anyway. To take it would mean we aren't great all over again.

It's almost a sure bet that you're in, if you own your own home, have a 401K, an investment account or a couple nice new cars.

So, what was all this garbage about make America great again? Oh, yeah. It was political fodder for the suckers to buy into, of course.

It always sucks when people get to hold their own wealth. It's always better when the government holds most of the wealth. It's much better to be ruled than to be independent. It's much better to be subjects of the state than it is to force the state to be subject to the people.

Did I get all that right?

It always sucks when people get to hold their own wealth. It's always better when the government holds most of the wealth. It's much better to be ruled than to be independent. It's much better to be subjects of the state than it is to force the state to be subject to the people.

Nope.

But it is better to share. Most people learn that in pre-school.

So many of the "working poor" are far from it on the global scale

Nope.

With all due respect, if I exchange my hard earned cash for a deposit slip at the bank then I just "shared" my wealth. If I exchange my cash for stock I just "shared" my wealth. If I just exchanged my cash for a $1M house I just "shared" my wealth.

Nope.

Is it really sharing if you are forced to do so by threat of jail? No, not at all.

Interesting how something which, in essence, is nothing short of good news can be twisted into "B...b...but, them!"

Be happy. You are probably rich.

Interesting how something which, in essence, is nothing short of good news can be twisted into "B...b...but, them!"

Be happy. You are probably rich.

Wow, interesting stats. I had no idea I was so rich and no idea how relatively poor the rest of the world is. The negative conservative response is sad but understandable.

It's not our preschools who're at fault for so many selfish, Ebenezer Scrooge, tightwad conservatives. They can only do so much to counter what their conservatives parents believe. It doesn't matter how many times their teachers show them how to share, when they get home their parents beat that out of them and they're shown the advantages of being a selfish, Ebenezer Scrooge, tightwad. This is especially true for the so called religious. They seem to believe that the central message of Christianly, Buddhism, Hinduism and all the other religions is, 'every man for himself'.

You have to have some sympathy for these cheapskates, deprogramming themselves as adults is very difficult when you've been exposed to this kind of abuse. We have to put the blame where it belongs, on their parents. They hand it down through the generations, it's what makes conservatives conservative....

It’s not a binary issue. If government didn’t hold any wealth there would be no law and order or infrastructure. You do admit that, right? So it’s not an issue of ideology. You admit that some balance of private and social is the ideal. But your arguments are always based on ideology. They’re not valid arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom