• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you in favor of spending 250 million on ads to make us feel better about pandemic?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
HHS seeks to spend $250M on campaign to 'inspire hope' on pandemic: report | TheHill
I could put up a dozen more of these links, but I want to know if you are for spending 250 million on ads to make Americans feel better about the present pandemic? I look at this as a 250 million dollar payback for some of Trump's friends in the ad business, as we have seen how other big payouts have gone. Another way I look at this is a 250 million dollar ad for trump's reelection, as I am sure it will try and make Trump and the administration look like they have done a good job handling the pandemic, which they haven't. I suspect many Trumpsters will see this as an opportunity to help win Trump another term in office. In the end there are so many places that the 250 million could be spent on helping the actual effects and needs of those who are actually fighting the pandemic that I see this as just another boondoggle of this administration. So, are you in favor of the spending of 250 million for ads to make us feel better about the pandemic?

HHS seeks to spend $250M on campaign to 'inspire hope' on pandemic: report | TheHill
I could put up a dozen more of these links, but I want to know if you are for spending 250 million on ads to make Americans feel better about the present pandemic? I look at this as a 250 million dollar payback for some of Trump's friends in the ad business, as we have seen how other big payouts have gone. Another way I look at this is a 250 million dollar ad for trump's reelection, as I am sure it will try and make Trump and the administration look like they have done a good job handling the pandemic, which they haven't. I suspect many Trumpsters will see this as an opportunity to help win Trump another term in office. In the end there are so many places that the 250 million could be spent on helping the actual effects and needs of those who are actually fighting the pandemic that I see this as just another boondoggle of this administration. So, are you in favor of the spending of 250 million for ads to make us feel better about the pandemic?

I would rather that 250 million go towards treatment for those infected.

Trump could do more to inspire hope if he wore a mask, practiced social distancing, and said "we're all in this together" and meant it.

Um. No. Not even.

He can spend his own campaign money.

Back
Top Bottom