• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

are you homophobic?

What is your score?

• 0-10

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

• 81-90

• 91-100

• Total voters
jallman said:
Well, I will tell you what is odd about the test...to start with, it takes the combative stance that you have some sort of problem with homosexuals. It assumes that there is already some bias against them and it entraps you into either admitting full capitulation to a moral disapproval or confessing total acceptance of the lifestyle. That, in and of itself, discounts the data as being tainted by bias.

Just fill those questions in that test exactly shown in the images see what score you get.

jamesrage said:
Just fill those questions in that test exactly shown in the images see what score you get.

man, you are preaching to the choir. Come on, I AM gay and I got one of the highest ranking homophobe scores so far. I know the test is flawed.

Or maybe I am flawed, I dunno.

jallman said:
man, you are preaching to the choir. Come on, I AM gay and I got one of the highest ranking homophobe scores so far. I know the test is flawed.

Yes you are flawed.

Your orders are to report to
Naughty Nurse for treatment!.........:smile:

I got " 7 Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

Last edited:
jallman said:

I find it odd that if you fill every onje of those answers in exactly as shown in those images you get a perfect score,but you might know that already.But look at question 20."Homosexual behavior should not be against the law"Checking a 5 means that you strongly disagree with that statement instead of agreeing with it. If that test is answered exactly as shown in those images,How can strongly disagreeing that homosexuality should not be made illegal result in a perfect score?

Last edited:
cherokee said:
Yes you are flawed.

Your orders are to report to
Naughty Nurse for treatment!.........:smile:

Just please tell me my orders are not to recieve shock treatment straight to my testicles. :doh

No seriously though...I find it so odd that I could be termed not homophobic, but right on the cusp and I am gay. Am I scared of myself? Well...sometimes yeah. :rofl

jallman]Just please tell me my orders are not to recieve shock treatment straight to my testicles. :doh

Sorry thats up to NN.....:doh
No seriously though...I find it so odd that I could be termed not homophobic, but right on the cusp and I am gay. Am I scared of myself? Well...sometimes yeah. :rofl

:rofl

cherokee said:
Sorry thats up to NN.....:doh

:rofl

okay then, but it must be stated...we both know about the predations of The Trail...who wouldnt be scared of that, you know?

Interesting test.

4 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

Jamesrage writes
question 20."Homosexual behavior should not be against the law"

In the previous question commented on: "Homosexuals deserve what they get", you saw that as something negative. I didn't. I saw it as also possibly including changed social attitudes re fair housing, employment, etc. and protection from hate crimes for which I think gay people are entirely deserving. It also as well could possibly include discrimination etc. I think the question is ambiguous.

I also had a problem with No. 20. Assuming that the only plausible definition for 'homosexual behavior' is within the framework of sexual activity, homosexual behavior should absolutely be against the law if it is two guys or two gals getting it on in a public park or certain lewd behavior of the lunatic fringe in parades, etc. I also think heterosexual behavior of that sort should also be against the law. Short of inflicting serious injury, what any consenting adults do in private shouldn't be anybody's business but their own, however.

The question is ambiguous.

30 - Your score rates you as "non-homophobic."

Sucks maybe if I take it again I can get a higher score.

jamesrage said:
Homophobia is a misnomer, according to a group of U.S. psychologists.

The psychologists from the University of Arkansas claim that homophobia is not an actual phobia because it's caused by disgust, not fear or anxiety.

Exactly !!!
Just because some egghead academic goofball labels something as "phobic",
doesn't mean that it really is. The label was devised for the purpose of forming public opinion, and has been widely disseminated in the media.

The liberals are very good at this game.
Christian conservatives, and gun owners have been successfully labeled as "radicals" even though conservativism and radicalism have opposite meanings. One describes a dynamic philosophy of rapid change, while the other describes a static philosophy based on tradition. Of course our dummed down television audience doesn't know the difference, and the labels stick.

Never underestimate the liberals' mastery of communication skills.

taxedout: ok? edit: Hey, I have a mastery of communication :cool:

I usually associate phobias with aversion, so the term works for my definition.

Last edited:
shuku said:
taxedout: ok?

I usually associate phobias with aversion, so the term works for my definition.

I don't like pesto sauce. I avoid it. Am I pestophobic ?

taxedout said:
Sure. Some liquids are hydrophobic. But they don't have emotions. They just don't mix with water.
edit: "alkanes, oils, fats, and greasy substances in general." -wikipedia, hydrophobe

taxedout said:

Suppose it depends. Do you have an irrational fear/hatred of it?

Kelzie said:

Maybe he just doesn't want the pesto to get married.. is that an irrational fear/hatred of it?

Kelzie said:

No, I just don't like the smell.

shuku said:
Sure. Some liquids are hydrophobic. But they don't have emotions. They just don't mix with water.
edit: "alkanes, oils, fats, and greasy substances in general." -wikipedia, hydrophobe

So are the oils "afraid" of the water, or do the two just fail to dissolve in each other ?

"Homophobia" is a ridiculous word.

afr0byte said:
Mine was 9 also, primarily because I don't know many homosexuals so I haven't had much interaction.
I know hundreds of gays and lesbians. I scored a 9 also.

taxedout said:
Exactly !!!
Just because some egghead academic goofball labels something as "phobic",
doesn't mean that it really is. The label was devised for the purpose of forming public opinion, and has been widely disseminated in the media.

The liberals are very good at this game.
Christian conservatives, and gun owners have been successfully labeled as "radicals" even though conservativism and radicalism have opposite meanings. One describes a dynamic philosophy of rapid change, while the other describes a static philosophy based on tradition. Of course our dummed down television audience doesn't know the difference, and the labels stick.

Never underestimate the liberals' mastery of communication skills.

Logically, any irrational hatred or feelings of disgust towards a general group of people comes from some form of fear. For example, racists hate immigrants because they're afraid they'll destroy "white" culture. People will be cruel to the handicapped because they can remind us of the fear that we, too, could end up that way. Often women who were sexually abused as children will grow up to hate men.

Homophobes hate gays because they're afraid they'll be the undoing of our "moral" society - or often because they see it as threat to their manhood. Typical fear of the unknown, of that which is different.

Last edited:
vergiss said:
Logically, any irrational hatred or feelings of disgust towards a general group of people comes from some form of fear. For example, racists hate immigrants because they're afraid they'll destroy "white" culture. People will be cruel to the handicapped because they can remind us of the fear that we, too, could end up that way. Often women who were sexually abused as children will grow up to hate men.

Homophobes hate gays because they're afraid they'll be the undoing of our "moral" society - or often because they see it as threat to their manhood. Typical fear of the unknown, of that which is different.

The thing is though that people are branded homophobes if they are the least politically incorrect on any issue. Those who have gay friends in their homes, speak out against discrimination against gays in the workplace, housing, etc., and don't feel the least bit uncomfortable around openly gay people will still be accused of homophobia if say they think the traditional definition of marriage should not be changed or that gay sailors on a submarine is not a smart move.

It seems that the old phobias and -isms are less common these days than are phobias against anybody who holds a less-than-socially/politically correct point of view.

shuku said:

Life must be tough for a Beaver afflicted with hydrophobia.

AlbqOwl said:
The thing is though that people are branded homophobes if they are the least politically incorrect on any issue. Those who have gay friends in their homes, speak out against discrimination against gays in the workplace, housing, etc., and don't feel the least bit uncomfortable around openly gay people will still be accused of homophobia if say they think the traditional definition of marriage should not be changed or that gay sailors on a submarine is not a smart move.

It seems that the old phobias and -isms are less common these days than are phobias against anybody who holds a less-than-socially/politically correct point of view.

That happens to everyone at some point, though. If I speak out about women being discriminated against in certain workplaces, I'm a feminazi. If I protest going to war against Iraq, I'm a terrorist-lover. :roll:

The solution is to ignore it - not gleefully dwell in a persecution complex. *coughalphamalecough*

I scored a 6, "high-grade non-homophobic." I have absolutely no problem with homosexuality. I don't believe there should be gender restrictions on love, and anyway, it's not like they're hurting anyone. As such, I think it's extremely unfair to try and force someone else's beliefs and personal morals on them.

Besides, I have so many homosexual friends it would be highly impractical for me to be homophobic. I'd probably have to roll to class in the fetal position. :D

Back
Top Bottom