• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

are you homophobic?

What is your score?

• 0-10

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

• 81-90

• 91-100

• Total voters
12--totally non-homophobic.

I am so relieved that making gay jokes isn't considered a bad thing. :lol:

aps said:
12--totally non-homophobic.

I am so relieved that making gay jokes isn't considered a bad thing. :lol:

gay jokes are freakin hilarious...what are you talking about, sweetness? :2wave:

15 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic

High grade......is that like kine weed or hydro? I may be a high-grade non-homophobe but I still ain't gonna watch Trading Spaces. :rofl

Korimyr the Rat said:
Hey, your attitude is your attitude. There's no shame in it.

You are correct.

That, and if you look at the posters, the big anti-gay folk have steered clear of this thread. Can't see as I blame them, because they'd only be opening themselves up for scorn.

If some people are big anti-gay folk as you stated,why would they care what homosexual think in the first place?Wouldn't that be be as stupid over feeling insulted because a stupid dumbass called you stupid?I get called a homophobe all the time when I share my opinion about gay marriage and I do not feel insulted.After all do smart people really care when retarded dumb asses call them stupid?I don't

jamesrage said:
If some people are big anti-gay folk as you stated,why would they care what homosexual think in the first place?Wouldn't that be be as stupid over feeling insulted because a stupid dumbass called you stupid?I get called a homophobe all the time when I share my opinion about gay marriage and I do not feel insulted.After all do smart people really care when retarded dumb asses call them stupid?I don't

People calling you stupid? Never!

vergiss said:
People calling you stupid? Never!

I think you just proved his point in its entirety. Why did you even feel the need to make such a snide attack on his person? :doh

Does it make you feel intellectually superior or does it just gratify some primal need to show aggression? Dont get me wrong, I do the same sometimes with others...but I want to know why you did that?????:confused:

jallman said:
I think you just proved his point in its entirety. Why did you even feel the need to make such a snide attack on his person? :doh

Does it make you feel intellectually superior or does it just gratify some primal need to show aggression? Dont get me wrong, I do the same sometimes with others...but I want to know why you did that?????:confused:

What, you only just noticed my sarcastic nature? :lol: Besides, if there's anything my teenage peers have taught me, it's that people who claim not to care what others think/say are telling big, fat lies. If you don't care, why mention it?

Now, away with you before I make grotty jokes about you having something stuck up your backside.

vergiss said:
What, you only just noticed my sarcastic nature? :lol: Besides, if there's anything my teenage peers have taught me, it's that people who claim not to care what others think/say are telling big, fat lies. If you don't care, why mention it?

I think I showed a care when I asked what makes you tick. I am not losing sleep over the issue, but I am genuinely interested in the reasoning for your posts sometimes. I noticed your sarcastic nature early on, if you would take the time to think back on some of our previous exchanges...I am not judging you now as I did not judge you then. I am really just curious as to know why you take the time to make such intellectually demeaning comments about someone who disagrees with your stance...which you failed to even assert and left to others to extrapolate from your sarcasm, by the way. Would it not be better for you and those you are allied with to make your statements neutral of personal attack so they are without blame than to simply make a sniping commentary of another's mental prowess...or even lack thereof? Please dont take offense, dear...I am genuinely interested in you reasoning if you will indulge me so.

Now, away with you before I make grotty jokes about you having something stuck up your backside.

Now come on, vergiss...do you think such jokes are something I have not encountered all my life, being a gay man and all? :rofl Why dismiss me for showing an honest interest in your thoughts, even if you didnt like my presentation? Without justification from you at this point, one is only left with the conclusion that your thoughts are irrational and, so, not justifiable. I know that isnt the case, so please, indulge me.

I scored a 9.

One or two questions were poorly written, though. The question in regards to gay people deserving what they get, I find especially troublesome because of the underlying assumption that what they "deserve" is stigmatism and bigotry. Why not deserve something good, instead, and so perhaps it is the writers of this little diagnostic tool who are revealing their own homophobia because they are presupposing a negative connotation to the word deserve rather than a positive -- especially if they are grading the reponses as if it had to be negative. Any person who is at all thoughtful and non homophobic would answer neutral since all people deserve or do not deserve what they get in equal proportion and the question is too loaded to be worth anything but a neutral response.

Go back to the drawing board, folks.

jallman said:
I think I showed a care when I asked what makes you tick. I am not losing sleep over the issue, but I am genuinely interested in the reasoning for your posts sometimes. I noticed your sarcastic nature early on, if you would take the time to think back on some of our previous exchanges...I am not judging you now as I did not judge you then. I am really just curious as to know why you take the time to make such intellectually demeaning comments about someone who disagrees with your stance...which you failed to even assert and left to others to extrapolate from your sarcasm, by the way. Would it not be better for you and those you are allied with to make your statements neutral of personal attack so they are without blame than to simply make a sniping commentary of another's mental prowess...or even lack thereof? Please dont take offense, dear...I am genuinely interested in you reasoning if you will indulge me so.

Or, I could keep being me. Saves me wasting time on boring details. :neutral:

jallman said:
Now come on, vergiss...do you think such jokes are something I have not encountered all my life, being a gay man and all? :rofl Why dismiss me for showing an honest interest in your thoughts, even if you didnt like my presentation? Without justification from you at this point, one is only left with the conclusion that your thoughts are irrational and, so, not justifiable. I know that isnt the case, so please, indulge me.

Ergh!

Gentiles... good people, but no sense of humour.

vergiss said:
Or, I could keep being me. Saves me wasting time on boring details. :neutral:

Or perhaps you could delight in the attentions of a man who wants nothing from you but to know your mind. I dunno...I have always been under the impression that such interest is what women really want, but if I am wrong (dare I try again) please show me the error of my ways.

Ergh!

Gentiles... good people, but no sense of humour.

Bah, Jews, good people but stubborn and legalistic (dare I say Pharisee and Saduce-esque in their comitment to their own authority). Might come from being told you are God's chosen people all your life, huh? Seriously though...I despise Pharoah as much as the next adam or tabitha or...err...Israelite/slave builder of the Pyramids. Good thing you people killed off an entire nation's first born, huh? Passover all the way...hellllll yeah!!!! Yeah, really makes the world love you when you reference that? Now...thats all ancient history, lady. Dont bring up the Jew/Gentile thing with me again unless you are willing to fight a battle of Davidian proportions. Lets just keep this real and not ethnic/religious/nationalist, ok babe?

52 - Your score rates you as "homophobic."

What do I win being the first conservative in the thread?

I do not call people names, never destroyed property, not scared of anyone's sexual orientation, would be flattered if a gay guy said I had a nice arse, don't believe it should be illegal to be gay - I think the biggy was the marriage one. Very much against it.

50 is non-homophobic. :rofl

vauge said:

I do not call people names, never destroyed property, not scared of anyone's sexual orientation, would be flattered if a gay guy said I had a nice arse, don't believe it should be illegal to be gay - I think the biggy was the marriage one. Very much against it.

*kick in the nuts*

Anyways, they have to draw the line somewhere don't they? 50 seems to be reasonable.

vauge said:

vauge, I dont think you are homophobic...judging from the quiz, probably just not interested in the entire marriage debate. Little secret...I aint either. I want to explore civil union, but possibly with more agenda than you do. Does that make you homophobe and me not...not a chance. Just means we care about different issues.

vauge said:

What do I win being the first conservative in the thread?l

Your not the first conservative in the thread.

jamesrage said:

It's OK jamesrage, we know your secret. You can admit you're actually a liberal.

Last edited:
This test is of little value, can be written much better..
The man who designed this "test" or survey has an agenda; I think that he believes homosexuality is normal, completely normal.

I disagree 100% with this idea.

The reason homosexuality was removed from the psychiatric list is that,IMO, the federal government did not want these people qualifying for any disability benefits; which was a good and practical thing to do..This removal does not mean that the homo is normal...

"Do not ask, do not tell, is an excellent idea..
Ones abnormality, providing it is not contagious, is generally NOYB..
Thank God I am mostly normal, and do not have to suffer excessive intolerance from man..
Also, thank you for the ABCspell-check..

Now this most minor of problems should be shoved to the back burner and that the problem of criminals/anger/crime be solved....

earthworm said:
This test is of little value, can be written much better..
The man who designed this "test" or survey has an agenda; I think that he believes homosexuality is normal, completely normal.

I disagree 100% with this idea.

The reason homosexuality was removed from the psychiatric list is that,IMO, the federal government did not want these people qualifying for any disability benefits; which was a good and practical thing to do..This removal does not mean that the homo is normal...

"Do not ask, do not tell, is an excellent idea..
Ones abnormality, providing it is not contagious, is generally NOYB..
Thank God I am mostly normal, and do not have to suffer excessive intolerance from man..
Also, thank you for the ABCspell-check..

Now this most minor of problems should be shoved to the back burner and that the problem of criminals/anger/crime be solved....

WOW...though I think maybe on some fundamental philosophical differences we would probably disagree...this post was really insightful and right in lines with my thinking. Just let things be is how I feel because there are so many more issues in our society that are so much more damaging. When we have all the harmful effects settled, then we can take this issue up again.

Well they scare me to death. You just never know what there thinking what there plotting next. :ninja:

Maybe to break into your home and redecorate it or worse
Try and take over the WORLD! :eek:

What you don’t think pinky and the Brain aren’t Gay?

Personally I’m working on a butt staring sensors. They set off an alarm when a man stares at you’re a$$…:think:

cherokee said:
Well they scare me to death. You just never know what there thinking what there plotting next. :ninja:

Maybe to break into your home and redecorate it or worse
Try and take over the WORLD! :eek:

What you don’t think pinky and the Brain aren’t Gay?

Personally I’m working on a butt staring sensors. They set off an alarm when a man stares at you’re a$$…:think:

Presumably this was just a crank post.

afr0byte said:
Presumably this was just a crank post.

Yesssssssssss of course it was....:2wave:

jamesrage said:
I bow my humble winnings to you. :mrgreen:

So we need to balance out the ideology on this thread, I think. I, as a conservative, scored
10 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."​

I did skip a couple of question that were too ambiguous to determine what the poll writer was looking for. For instance, the question "Homosexuals deserve what they get" would be hugely dependent on what they got, wouldn't you think?

Anyhow, any of you who have dabbled in scientific polls realize how unscientific this one was. Still it was fun to take.

AlbqOwl said:
I did skip a couple of question that were too ambiguous to determine what the poll writer was looking for. For instance, the question "Homosexuals deserve what they get" would be hugely dependent on what they got, wouldn't you think?.
How many times have you heard they got what they deserved reguarding a group people in a positive light?

Although I think the test is messed up.

Fill in the answers to the test as shown in the images I posted and tell us the score you get and what is odd about the test.

1.jpg

2.jpg

jamesrage said:
How many times have you heard they got what they deserved reguarding a group people in a positive light?

Although I think the test is messed up.

Fill in the answers to the test as shown in the images I posted and tell us the score you get and what is odd about the test.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Well, I will tell you what is odd about the test...to start with, it takes the combative stance that you have some sort of problem with homosexuals. It assumes that there is already some bias against them and it entraps you into either admitting full capitulation to a moral disapproval or confessing total acceptance of the lifestyle. That, in and of itself, discounts the data as being tainted by bias.

Back
Top Bottom