• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you going to burn a Koran?

Are you going to burn a Koran?

• Yes

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 93.2%

• Total voters

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
No, I don't see the point of burning any book. But, I completely support the right of others to do so. Frankly, I just don't care.

Nope. It's hypocritical to do so. Have you read the Bible? The people who condemn a religion following the words of a violent book are the ones who belong to another religion following the words of a violent book.

Can't claim any kind of moral high ground if you think, feel, and act just how your 'enemies' do.

I'm actually up for an International Burn A Symbol Day, burn a symbol of anything you want, bibles, korans, menorah, mummies, money, goats, norwegians, continents, anything is up for conflagration, come one come all, leave no person unoffended or unburned, I promise it will be incendiary.

But no, I will not be burning a Koran, just the same as I would never burn a Bible or a Tanakh, I have respect for other peoples beliefs.

I'm in Rivrat's boat on this one (it's a great boat to be in). I don't care, I think it's stupid but the dude is more than free to do so. So have fun. I'm inventing non-PC ways of celebrating Patriot Day (Sept 11)

Not right now. There is plenty of firewood for the campfire. However, when that runs out, there goes the Koran, the Bible, The Catcher in the Rye, and The Way Things Work. After that, I will forget how to build a campfire.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
The Catcher in the Rye

You don't like Catcher in the Rye? Damn! Salinger's an awesome author, especially with his morose views.

I'll let Henry Jones speak for me on this matter:

Colonel Vogel: “What does the diary tell you that it doesn’t tell us?”

Professor Henry Jones: “It tells me that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try reading books instead of burning them.”

I'll never be a fan of book-burners. Do they have a right to do it? Absolutely. Does it mark them as being moronic neanderthals straight out of the dark ages? Absolutely.

You don't like Catcher in the Rye? Damn! Salinger's an awesome author, especially with his morose views.

I agree, but if I am out of wood for my campfire, everything goes. LOL.

No, because I fail to see what burning a Koran would accomplish.

I have plenty of legal and accounting journals you can whip in there. There's a tax write-off anyway.

I'm in Rivrat's boat on this one (it's a great boat to be in). I don't care, I think it's stupid but the dude is more than free to do so. So have fun. I'm inventing non-PC ways of celebrating Patriot Day (Sept 11)

My way of "celebrating" this year will be to throw myself into a class v river on a boogie board and hope I come out the other end in one piece. Book burning doesn't sound like nearly as much fun. ;)

On September 11, Michigan will be at South Bend for the 2nd most important game of the Wolverine season.

Nothing short of a gun will get me off the couch Saturday, and even so I may ask you to wait for halftime.

I left Michigan in 1975, but the Wolverines are still my team. Go Maize and Blue. :)

No, I don't see the point of burning any book. But, I completely support the right of others to do so. Frankly, I just don't care.

That's pretty much how I feel. I wish the media would understand that if they weren't giving this nutter air time, no one would even have heard of it.

Hell yeah I will. I plan on making a bonfire made solely out of religious books. Teach me to be moral will you?

I don't like burning things unnecessarily.

Why would I waste my money?

If you wanna piss off Muslims just draw Mohammed, it's cheaper and better for the environment.

Nazis believed in burning books too. Burning books can say more about a civilization than it does the actual burners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom