• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are You Getting Your Share Of The Trillions Coming From Bernanke's Money Generator?

Re: Are You Getting Your Share Of The Trillions Coming From Bernanke's Money Generato

Then please point to the last time a President had his Fed appointee inject nearly 4 trillion in easy money into the Financial markets.

You know since it's not unprecedented.

Give the last time we wen't through three rounds of QE because a perception of wealth was the best thing the President could offer to the American people.

Cmon, let us know because I seriously don't think you understand what Bernake's doing.

That the premise of QE and its effects on our monetary system and economy are simply over your head.

WTF are you talking about. QE is working exactly as the Fed planned, though taking longer. Everyone that bet on inflation is unwinding their positions right now, it's all over the WSJ. Read the article on why gold is plummeting that was in this morning's issue.

Re: Are You Getting Your Share Of The Trillions Coming From Bernanke's Money Generato

Not unless you're part of the upper 10% you're not. This bull**** is a continuation of the rich and Republican's scheme which began thirty years ago when Ronald Reagan started the move toward a Lord/Serf society in America. Cutting taxes for the richest while borrowing to cover the shortfall is nothing but a plot to move borrowed money into the hands of those who don't even need it while those who used to be the middle class struggle harder each day:

23edsall-chart-blog480.jpg
That chart is from 1979 to 2007.
Bernanke wasn't even appointed until Feb 2006.
You want to blame Him for it?

We do have a wealth distribution problem that started in the Reagan years but...

Last edited:
Are You Getting Your Share Of The Trillions Coming From Bernanke's Money Genera

That chart is from 1979 to 2007.
Bernanke wasn't even appointed until Feb 2006.
You want to blame Him for it?

We do have a wealth distribution problem that started in the Reagan years but...

You've got to go back to the New Deal to see where the wealth redistribution problem started. Reagan didn't have anything to do with it. He didn't take money from you and give it to someone else.

LOL !! What is wrong with you ??

Bernake was appointed by OBAMA..and his QE is UNPRECEDENTED.

That means its never been done before, not under Reagan or Bush.

This is what happens when you let reaaaaally dumb people vote. They elect a incompetent.

Speaking of Dump people...The plot shows from 1979 to 2007...Obama was elected in 2008 and came to office in 2009, Bernanke was appointed by GWB

I realize this knee jerk reaction of blaming every on Obama, but at least look read and learn before responding!

Diving Mullah

Diving Mullah

Ok, so you know a rich person. But that doesn't answer the question. Obvious to whom? You need to be mad at the tax code, not the people who use it.

I suspect that if a multi millionaire like Romney can figure a way to pay 14% on $14 million of earnings for taxable year 2011 while my wife and I pay almost that same percentage on less than $100,000 he has to hire help that I can't afford to do it. **** him and the horse he rode in on.

If that greedy bastard would bring some of the more than likely billions he has in Swiss accounts and those in the Cayman islands he would have to pay a lot more tax. It's a trick rich people use and normal Americans don't have a clue about.

Last edited:

Speaking of Dump people...The plot shows from 1979 to 2007...Obama was elected in 2008 and came to office in 2009, Bernanke was appointed by GWB

I realize this knee jerk reaction of blaming every on Obama, but at least look read and learn before responding!

Diving Mullah

Diving Mullah

Ain't it the truth.....reminds me of Faux News and Lush Rambo.

I suspect that if a multi millionaire like Romney can figure a way to pay 14% on $14 million of earnings for taxable year 2011 while my wife and I pay almost that same percentage on less than $100,000 he has to hire help that I can't afford to do it. **** him and the horse he rode in on.

If that greedy bastard would bring some of the more than likely billions he has in Swiss accounts and those in the Cayman islands he would have to pay a lot more tax. It's a trick rich people use and normal Americans don't have a clue about.

He deals with the same tax laws you do. The difference is his income is from capital gains which are taxed at a lower rate than salary for everyone, including you. If you are angry at the tax laws then talk to your congressman. Blaming Romney for them makes no sense at all. He didn't make the US tax code.

If you are accusing him of failing to pay his legal tax liability, then you need to come up with facts. I would be willing to bet his has been meticulous in paying his tax liability. I also doubt sincerely that his ia a bastard. I don't think you have any evidence of that either.

He deals with the same tax laws you do. The difference is his income is from capital gains which are taxed at a lower rate than salary for everyone, including you. If you are angry at the tax laws then talk to your congressman. Blaming Romney for them makes no sense at all. He didn't make the US tax code.

If you are accusing him of failing to pay his legal tax liability, then you need to come up with facts. I would be willing to bet his has been meticulous in paying his tax liability. I also doubt sincerely that his ia a bastard. I don't think you have any evidence of that either.

He's a Mormon...I'd be surprised if he even knows he fathered all five of those boys.

He's a Mormon...I'd be surprised if he even knows he fathered all five of those boys.

Now you're just flailing. And failing.

Alan Grayson Destroys Ben Bernanke - Why Grayson's Return to Congress is a Good Thing - YouTube

Watch it author of OP, watch it. "never been done before 2008".

You really need to get your head out of the blamestream media.

Btw, before you go off on "this was a George Bush representative", Alan Grayson is a democrat.

Really....Darrell Issa is a lying assed Republican too. That conniving son-of-a-bitch was going to completely leave out the fact that the director of the Cincinnati IRS office is a self described conservative Republican. The cherry picking, lying assed war mongering pricks in the Republican party are desperate to find a possible win in future elections on a national level. I don't think it's gonna happen. I think they're over committed on their tax cuts, accrual of debt and unnecessary wars. That doesn't even mention the fact that while the president was in Berlin reminding of them hearing Reagan say, "Mr. Kruschef, tear down this wall" the Republicans are proposing building one along our southern border using drones, electronics, satellites etc. with a security patrolman every 250ft. You folks really need to get your **** together.

Last edited:

Really....Darrell Issa is a lying assed Republican too. That conniving son-of-a-bitch was going to completely leave out the fact that the director of the Cincinnati IRS office is a Republican. The cherry picking, lying assed war mongering pricks in the Republican party are desperate to find a possible win in future elections on a national level. I don't think it's gonna happen. I think they're over committed on their tax cuts, accrual of debt and unnecessary wars. That doesn't even mention the fact that while the president was in Berlin reminding of them hearing Reagan say, "Mr. Kruschef, tear down this wall" the Republicans are proposing building one along our southern border with a security patrolman every 250ft. You folks really need to get your **** together.

ROTFLOL, only you campbell would make an analogy of the berlin wall with border security. Thanks that was funny!

WTF are
you talking about. QE is working
exactly as the Fed planned, though taking longer. Everyone that bet on inflation is unwinding their positions right now, it's all over the WSJ. Read the article on why gold is plummeting that was in this morning's issue.

Are you afflicted ? Perhaps you should educate yourself a bit...

QE1...The FED bought 600 billion in toxic MBSs to take some of the pressure off of the banks to free up credit PLUS started paying banks interest on their reserves ( money by law they have to have on hand, still doing it )

Didn't work BECAUSE people weren't really looking for a line of credit after the effects of the Collapse of the Democrat mandated Sub-prime Collapse plus banks just hoarded the Cash.

QE2...FED buys up 600 plus Billion in short term Treasuries as a inflationary tool to drive up demand. By this time Dodd Frank had become law and since monetary policy minus any real economic policy from Obama doesn't ACCOMPLISH SH** !!!... Bernake had to try again.

Oh and QE2 drove gold up through the roof and QE3 held it there. OF-COURSE Gold is going to fall if Bernake implies he's stopping.

QE3...more buying of toxic MBSs from it's member Federal Reserve banks, more inflationary action to target the extended deflationary cycle until unemployment reached a target level.

It's not the damn job of the FED to control employment or even to spur economic growth, I thought Americans elected a President to help with that.

But they elected a incompetent, who was hell bent on post keynesian malfeasance and to this day the economy is on life support.

Your'e trying to tell me it was the purpose pf the FED to inflate asset and bond prices under false pretenses and cause a spike in yields when Bernake stops ?

Thats ridiculous. It was a UNPRECEDENTED measure by the Fed to affect unemployment but again, since the underlying issue hasn't been addressed it did nothing.

Well I take that back, now our Central Banks owns hundreds of Billions in toxic MBSs, there is a massive reserve sitting in US banks, there is an inevitable interest rate spike coming ( Hey thats good for a emerging economy..NOT ) and NOTHING has been done to address the real issue of why we continue to struggle with economic stagnation....soon to be stagflation.

It didn't work at all, it made things much worse because it stuck to the false and corrupt Liberal premise that we can borrow and print our way out of a recession.

ROTFLOL, only you campbell would make an analogy of the berlin wall with border security. Thanks that was funny!

Yeah right. All this talk by government back then about a wall separating parts of a city and the Republican proposal right now will build one 100 times more restrictive at our borders than that one was. One city was affected then and two whole countries are affected now. You're the one who doesn't get it. 'Course Republicans seldom do...they live in a bubble.

Yeah right. All this talk by government back then about a wall separating parts of a city and the Republican proposal right now will build one 100 times more restrictive at our borders than that one was. One city was affected then and two whole countries are affected now. You're the one who doesn't get it. 'Course Republicans seldom do...they live in a bubble.

The problem with the Berlin wall wasn't that it was tight security. It was that it cut a city in half and that it was controlled by a brutal communist regime. We could use some sort of barrier system that would prevent illegal immigration and if you think that should carry the negative connotation of the Berlin wall for whatever reasons you may have, we'll just disagree on this. I think it's a little odd to compare better border security with something as negative as the iron curtain.

The problem with the Berlin wall wasn't that it was tight security. It was that it cut a city in half and that it was controlled by a brutal communist regime. We could use some sort of barrier system that would prevent illegal immigration and if you think that should carry the negative connotation of the Berlin wall for whatever reasons you may have, we'll just disagree on this. I think it's a little odd to compare better border security with something as negative as the iron curtain.

Would that be the same Russians that Hitler murdered a million Jews from? Hell...the first time I ever blamed the Russians for anything was when they moved nukes into Cuba. Thank goodness we had a Democrat president then. The Republicans would have started a nuclear holocaust. The only thing Republicans love more than war is money.

Would that be the same Russians that Hitler murdered a million Jews from? Hell...the first time I ever blamed the Russians for anything was when they moved nukes into Cuba. Thank goodness we had a Democrat president then. The Republicans would have started a nuclear holocaust. The only thing Republicans love more than war is money.

I have no idea what your point is. It's like you're just reaching into your rhetoric bag, grabbing some and plopping it out here with no rhyme or reason.

I have no idea what your point is. It's like you're just reaching into your rhetoric bag, grabbing some and plopping it out here with no rhyme or reason.

No way Jose.....that's Faux News you're thinking about.

It's not the damn job of the FED to control employment or even to spur economic growth, I thought Americans elected a President to help with that.

Yes it is, it's one of the four fundamental reasons for its existence.

But they elected a incompetent, who was hell bent on post keynesian malfeasance and to this day the economy is on life support.

Your'e trying to tell me it was the purpose pf the FED to inflate asset and bond prices under false pretenses and cause a spike in yields when Bernake stops ?

There won't be a "spike in yields" there will be a general rise across the board over a period of time. Those decrying yield spikes and economic catastrophe are the same people who asserted a couple years ago that we'd have hyperinflation by now. You'll see volatility in the markets in the very short term from people like you freaking out, like we did after Bernanke's stating the obvious earlier this week, but it will all equilibrate.

I made some good money betting on that drop btw. :)

Thats ridiculous. It was a UNPRECEDENTED measure by the Fed to affect unemployment but again, since the underlying issue hasn't been addressed it did nothing.

It wasn't unprecedented at all. In fact, section 2A of the Federal Reserve Act was modified in the late 70's to include maximum employment as a goal of the Fed, 30 years before the economic crisis even happened.

It didn't work at all, it made things much worse because it stuck to the false and corrupt Liberal premise that we can borrow and print our way out of a recession.

lol, we can, and we are.

Yes it is, it's one of the four fundamental reasons for its existence.

There won't be a "spike in yields" there will be a general rise across the board over a period of time. Those decrying yield spikes and economic catastrophe are the same people who asserted a couple years ago that we'd have hyperinflation by now. You'll see volatility in the markets in the very short term from people like you freaking out, like we did after Bernanke's stating the obvious earlier this week, but it will all equilibrate.

I made some good money betting on that drop btw. :)

It wasn't unprecedented at all. In fact, section 2A of the Federal Reserve Act was modified in the late 70's to include maximum employment as a goal of the Fed, 30 years before the economic crisis even happened.

lol, we can, and we are.

There wouldn't even be a debt if not for Republican tax cuts for the wealthy:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00(Reagan slashed tax rates to levels not seen in 50 years

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

There wouldn't even be a debt if not for Republican tax cuts for the wealthy:

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00(Reagan slashed tax rates to levels not seen in 50 years

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

The debt doesn't matter. I don't know why you're even talking about it (or anyone else, for that matter).

The debt doesn't matter. I don't know why you're even talking about it (or anyone else, for that matter).

Then what have Republicans been screaming at the president about? They were as quiet as a mouse while they were running it up then after Obama inheirited a half trillion dollars a year of interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt it became a crime to not have a balanced budget:

RP_10_16_12.png

Then what have Republicans been screaming at the president about? They were as quiet as a mouse while they were running it up then after Obama inheirited a half trillion dollars a year of interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt it became a crime to not have a balanced budget:

RP_10_16_12.png

I don't see how any of this is relevant to how the debt is a non-issue, regardless who is whining about it.

I don't see how any of this is relevant to how the debt is a non-issue, regardless who is whining about it.

If you don't think things a president does has any consequences think about this for a moment. Reagan slashed tax rates for the wealthy to the lowest they had been in 50 years. He cut allocations for mental hospitals and the homeless in this country increased to record levels. He initiated a program called "Star Wars" and went in debt for it. How can you have such a position. Since Reagan and the Bushes got involved in things the middle class has all but disappeared.

Not to worry....the only ones who don't realize what's going on are having one helluva time winning the popular vote in a national election. They might never win another one.

Well now you're not even responding to what I'm saying you're just ranting.

Back
Top Bottom