• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you getting enough sex?

Yes, but only when the boyfriend and I are in the same place at the same time. For a two week period, the only time I saw him was when our travel plans intersected and we sat next to each other on a 30 minute connecting flight home. Then, he drove 4 hours north for reserves. But, we're in the same town right now after way too much travel on both of our parts, so we have already started remedying things.

Definitely not. Haven't gotten laid since last September. Bleh.

Definitely not. Haven't gotten laid since last September. Bleh.

But... it's July. :wassat1:

Do you think maybe you have self-esteem issues?
I noticed in your "weight-lifting" thread, that you sound kind of down on yourself.

Last edited:
My husband has been living with another woman for the past two years so no, I'm not but on the other hand I seem to have an on/off switch that is stuck in the off position.

My husband has been living with another woman for the past two years so no, I'm not but on the other hand I seem to have an on/off switch that is stuck in the off position.

Oh, that freakin' sucks. :(
Get a divorce and move on.
He's not coming back, after all this time.
I stayed legally married to my first husband long after we'd gone our separate ways, and I regret it now.
It held us both back.

But... it's July. :wassat1:

Do you think maybe you have self-esteem issues?
I noticed in your "weight-lifting" thread, that you sound kind of down on yourself.

Definitely have self-esteem issues.

This was his idea, he can pay for it. I haven't spoken to him since September of 2008, nor emailed for over a year. When I can afford it, I will get it but until then, I'll enjoy being insured.

Wednesday was rough, as it was our 15th wedding anniversary but other than that he truly barely crosses my mind. He did a metric-ton of damage on his way out of the relationship. I don't see me ever forgiving him.

It held us both back.

Before we married, I spent probably eight years knowing I'd be single forever. Conversely, he's a serial monogamist. So for me, we have moved on. I love my solitude. He moved me out on Friday and her in on Monday (no exaggeration).

I don't know why no divorce. I should think they would want to get married but since we're not speaking, FIIK.

You do know this is the natural evolution of courting, right? Technology is meant to make our lives easier. After all, why fish with one line when you can fish with 50? Stands to reckon that your chances of finding someone "right" goes up. Might even see the divorce rates go down due to lack of people just marrying the first person they physically meet that isn't a total douche.

I guess so.. I was just saying I hope you are using protecting and being a bit picky cause while this makes it easier? There is also a big, ugly underbelly on the webs and it is best not to get caught up in that. Not trying to sound preachy or anything as I know you are already picky and am sure you are smart enough to use protection.

I am hard to shock but some stuff I see online in reguards to people trying to hook up? Freaks even me out. Guess I am just saying keep some standards, watch your back and be safe. That is all.

Before we married, I spent probably eight years knowing I'd be single forever. Conversely, he's a serial monogamist. So for me, we have moved on. I love my solitude. He moved me out on Friday and her in on Monday (no exaggeration).

I don't know why no divorce. I should think they would want to get married but since we're not speaking, FIIK.

It doesn't sound to me like you've really moved on very far.

A lot of times it's almost too much, but then again, when you are as stunning as the Greatness that is the Good Reverend, the desire can be uncontrollable. :pimpdaddy:

I haven't had sex in a month and a half... :--(

Once I get another girlfriend though... :2dancing::kissy::angel?::spank::devil:

That's okay. I know what I've accomplished.

This was his idea, he can pay for it. I haven't spoken to him since September of 2008, nor emailed for over a year. When I can afford it, I will get it but until then, I'll enjoy being insured.

Wednesday was rough, as it was our 15th wedding anniversary but other than that he truly barely crosses my mind. He did a metric-ton of damage on his way out of the relationship. I don't see me ever forgiving him.

2008 and he's been living with another woman since then - aren't there cheap quickie divorces available in the US for those in such a situation after 2 years?

Don't know, haven't looked. I guess I wasn't clear enough on the "I intend to remain single the rest of my life, so this doesn't matter to me" front.

Kali said:
I guess so.. I was just saying I hope you are using protecting and being a bit picky cause while this makes it easier? There is also a big, ugly underbelly on the webs and it is best not to get caught up in that. Not trying to sound preachy or anything as I know you are already picky and am sure you are smart enough to use protection.

I am hard to shock but some stuff I see online in reguards to people trying to hook up? Freaks even me out. Guess I am just saying keep some standards, watch your back and be safe. That is all.

The internet is the inconsequential part though. Would you ask a guy you met off the internet to use a rubber, but not a guy you just met at a bar? It's strange dick either way. Mathematically, there's no better chacne of you picking up something from the net guy than the bar guy. The internet is just a means.

And yeah, the internet opens people up to the seedier part of sexual interest. There are liars on the internet, sure...but is everyone you may meet at the grocery store honest? You may meet a freak, pedophile, or devil worshipper online. You can meet them just as easily at the IGA or Target.

Personally, I don't understand anyone with an abnormal aversion to internet dating. Yeah, I wouldn't suggest you go into love chat with someone thousands of miles away, but if you know a way to talk to people within your general vicinity, it's nothing more than calling one of those late-night chat lines or speed-dating. Plus, I actually like it a bit more because you can get to know someone without the hang-ups associated with superficiality, nervousness, or awkward anxiety. I could know more about a woman through two weeks of talking online than six months of dinners, movies, and miniature golf.

I could have sex any time I want to, I choose not to. So, am I getting "enough"? I guess so, since I'm choosing not to do it. ;) (Although, it's due more to a medical reason than lack of desire)

Personally, I don't understand anyone with an abnormal aversion to internet dating.

It just seems very foreign to me.
In the past, I used to go out and meet people, at shows or parties or hanging out at someone's house or whatever.
Most people I hooked up with came with some sort of "certificate of authenticity", since they were either friends or else friends of friends, or at least acquaintances.

I guess now if me and my husband ever split up, I'd have to look to the internet to find someone else.
I don't really go out anymore, and the age of guys I'd be looking for would not likely be found in abundance at my former favorite haunts.

It's a depressing thought, that what worked for one in the past would not likely work today.
But I guess people just have to adapt and roll with the punches.

:shrug:

The internet is the inconsequential part though. Would you ask a guy you met off the internet to use a rubber, but not a guy you just met at a bar? It's strange dick either way. Mathematically, there's no better chacne of you picking up something from the net guy than the bar guy. The internet is just a means.

And yeah, the internet opens people up to the seedier part of sexual interest. There are liars on the internet, sure...but is everyone you may meet at the grocery store honest? You may meet a freak, pedophile, or devil worshipper online. You can meet them just as easily at the IGA or Target.

Personally, I don't understand anyone with an abnormal aversion to internet dating. Yeah, I wouldn't suggest you go into love chat with someone thousands of miles away, but if you know a way to talk to people within your general vicinity, it's nothing more than calling one of those late-night chat lines or speed-dating. Plus, I actually like it a bit more because you can get to know someone without the hang-ups associated with superficiality, nervousness, or awkward anxiety. I could know more about a woman through two weeks of talking online than six months of dinners, movies, and miniature golf.

See, this is just the thing. People say "well, people can lie to you online!!" as if they can't lie to your face. "You could meet jerks online!" as if you can't meet them elsewhere.

I've meet a number of sex partners online. It's a much faster and easier way to weed out the ones I don't want and get the ones I do want.

1069 said:
It just seems very foreign to me.
In the past, I used to go out and meet people, at shows or parties or hanging out at someone's house or whatever.
Most people I hooked up with came with some sort of "certificate of authenticity", since they were either friends or else friends of friends, or at least acquaintances.

Well yeah, it's foreign. It's new. New things are foreign. Not all change is for the worse though.

Who says you can't just talk to someone online briefly and go have a cup of coffee or an innocuous lunch/dinner? If things don't click, a simple "well it was nice to meet you", a split check, and you never see them again. Plus you have the added benefit of being able to meet someone the same way I do - sitting in my underwear while Family Guy is providing ambient sound. Seems more comfortable and convenient than combing Wal-mart with shifting eyes like a dirty old man.

rivrrat said:
I've meet a number of sex partners online. It's a much faster and easier way to weed out the ones I don't want and get the ones I do want.

See, that's my thing. It's simply about volume. Same people, same discussions, but with larger bait in the dating pool. No pun intended.

Well yeah, it's foreign. It's new. New things are foreign. Not all change is for the worse though.

Who says you can't just talk to someone online briefly and go have a cup of coffee or an innocuous lunch/dinner? If things don't click, a simple "well it was nice to meet you", a split check, and you never see them again. Plus you have the added benefit of being able to meet someone the same way I do - sitting in my underwear while Family Guy is providing ambient sound. Seems more comfortable and convenient than combing Wal-mart with shifting eyes like a dirty old man.

See, that's my thing. It's simply about volume. Same people, same discussions, but with larger bait in the dating pool. No pun intended.

I guess- and I've mentioned this before, in "sexual attraction" threads- that one of the main things that attracts me to people is a blasé, indifferent, disinterested attitude/vibe.
Online dating would sort of blow that all to hell; if they're on the online dating site in the first place, then they're clearly not disinterested in hooking up. Which would cause me to be disinterested.

It's a catch 22.

addendum: it's all hypothetical, because I'm already married.

Last edited:
Did not mean to sound as if I am opposed to online dating just saying that sometimes it seems to bring out the worse in people or something to me. All I meant is be safe.

Back
Top Bottom