• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you done with your Christmas shopping?

Are you done with your Christmas shopping?

• Yes, all finished!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No, still working on it!

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Haven't even started yet!

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Christmas? What's that?

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Cephus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I was talking to a friend today who said he ought to start... yes, start, his Christmas shopping. With less than two weeks to go, how many people are finished and how many people are rushing around frantically?

For the record, we always get ours done by Thanksgiving. Except for a couple of things that hadn't been released yet and are currently on the way, everything is done, wrapped and ready.

How about you?

I was talking to a friend today who said he ought to start... yes, start, his Christmas shopping. With less than two weeks to go, how many people are finished and how many people are rushing around frantically?

For the record, we always get ours done by Thanksgiving. Except for a couple of things that hadn't been released yet and are currently on the way, everything is done, wrapped and ready.

How about you?

I sent my family in Cali money to buy what they want. All I have left is buying my daughter a new pair of earrings but I haven't found any that I really like.

...I only need to get one present...

Are good rings hard to find so near christmas?

I haven't started mine yet. Forking out cash for gifts when I'm basically broke is not something I'm looking forward to.

How about you?

My birthday is about a week before Christmas, so I have to wait and see what I get on that special day. Until then, I can't determine what my significant other deserves for Christmas.

Last edited:
Pfft. What christmas shopping?

:roll:

It's not really expected of me.

How about you?

I had all my important Christmas shopping done last week. Did it all on-line except for a piece I bought for my parents at an art gallery in Chinatown. They did all the shipping for me.

I only have to buy Josh a pair of pajamas (something he gets every year) and a couple of things for the neighbors' kids. I'll probably do that Saturday or something. Shopping in LA is easy...just decide what you want and go to the right district for it. The toy district is about three blocks away and the fashion district is about a block south. I should be done in about an hour and a half.

Not even started, yet. I always wait until the last minute. I don't want to buy early, since I usually come up with original ideas, later.

I'm almost finished. We draw names for my family and I got my one brother who is kinda hard to shop for so I'm just stuck on him trying to find the perfect gift. Then I only shop for my nieces and nephews, who just all got some pairs of pajamas. I already gave my man his gifts, which was a Reggie Bush jersey and some other little things.

As for my daughter, I'm excited it's her first Christmas but since she is so small and doesn't really know what's going on, we're not going to do anything special, maybe just buy her a nice snow suit or something. Her grandparents and aunts and uncles are gonna buy her a bunch of crap so I'll just leave it at that. I'm really into celebrating Christmas, but I am appalled by the way some parents absolutely spoil their kids on that day. I am more into practical gifts anyway, like socks and stuff.

Need to get the boys their first paintball guns. Their mother will love me SO much.

I love paintball! One of the few ways I get to play like a kid again as an adult.

You'll be Superdad this Christmas!

I love paintball! One of the few ways I get to play like a kid again as an adult.
You'll be Superdad this Christmas!
I started playing in ~1989, back when all you has were pump-action pistols.
THAT was fun.

I don't really do any kind of structured Christmas shopping. That is to say, I don't make shopping trips, to buy presents. I call my christmas shopping technique "Chaos shopping". I basically pick up something for whomever, when I see it and think they'll probably like it. This also coincides with my "Chaos Wrapping", which everybody looks forward to each year. You never know what to expect for your wrapping paper, but you'll always know who the gift was from.

That being said, my wife is the only person left to buy for, and I have two whole weeks left.

I did it all entirely online. No standing in line at the post office and no malls. :yes: I'm very proud of myself.

The supreme commander has it all taken care of....she usually has it all done within a week after turkey day....with a lot of it done before turkey day...

The supreme commander has it all taken care of....she usually has it all done within a week after turkey day....with a lot of it done before turkey day...

We always get everything done before Thanksgiving, we have a long-standing tradition that we never go to a mall for any reason whatsoever between Thanksgiving and the middle of January. I can't remember the last year I actually left the house at all on Black Friday.

We always get everything done before Thanksgiving, we have a long-standing tradition that we never go to a mall for any reason whatsoever between Thanksgiving and the middle of January. I can't remember the last year I actually left the house at all on Black Friday.

We drove past the Beverly Center on Black Friday. Drove past it. I couldn't bring myself to stop there.

Not even started, yet. I always wait until the last minute. I don't want to buy early, since I usually come up with original ideas, later.
All real men wait till the last week.

I haven't started yet. Every year I plan on getting my shopping done early, and every year I wait until the last minute. I don't have too many people to buy for though...just my son, and my nieces and nephews. The adults in my family don't buy gifts for each other, although I do bake cookies and give them to some in my family.

Back
Top Bottom