• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you done with the NFL

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A good question these days is, are you done with the NFL? Since they have become totally anti American, I have been done with them for 2 years now. Now they have racist signs on the field, and play a racist "national anthem, as far as I am concerned, everyone should be done with them.

I used to like professional football before they became political. The millionaire players dont seem to understand that I dont consider them a source of politics. In fact I look at them simply as entertaining court jesters, as value their opinion as much as the court clown.

Egotistical sports figures and the clowns from Hollywood seem to think they have special knowledge on politics, and think everyone should follow them. Fat chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good question these days is, are you done with the NFL? Since they have become totally anti American, I have been done with them for 2 years now. Now they have racist signs on the field, and play a racist "national anthem, as far as I am concerned, everyone should be done with them.

I used to like professional football before they became political. The millionaire players dont seem to understand that I dont consider them a source of politics. In fact I look at them simply as entertaining court jesters, as value their opinion as much as the court clown.

Egotistical sports figures and the clowns from Hollywood seem to think they have special knowledge on politics, and think everyone should follow them. Fat chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football started being political when the Bush administration turned it into a military recruiting vehicle.

Football started being political when the Bush administration turned it into a military recruiting vehicle.

If so, that wasnt anti American as their actions are now!!!

What’s “pro American” about the police murdering people?

That is an very poor attempt to derail the thread.

But to answer your question THEY DONT. They arrest criminals, and if they shoot at or come at the police with a weapon, or attempt to hurt the police physically and they get shot, TUFF BOUNCE!!!! Besides that if a criminal that tries to hurt the police gets dead, it just improves the gene pool!!! Society simply DOES NOT need criminals.

Just a note: disagreeing with you does not make someone anti-American. In fact, it is about as American as you can be. We are a country with a broad diversity in viewpoints. You are never going to get the groupthink you so badly desire.

That is an very poor attempt to derail the thread.

But to answer your question THEY DONT. They arrest criminals, and if they shoot at or come at the police with a weapon, or attempt to hurt the police physically and they get shot, TUFF BOUNCE!!!! Besides that if a criminal that tries to hurt the police gets dead, it just improves the gene pool!!! Society simply DOES NOT need criminals.

When did Breonna Taylor “shoot at or come at the police with a weapon, or attempt to hurt the police physically“? What crime did she or her boyfriend commit that justified the police breaking into their home unannounced and then killing her?

I like football and I want to watch but don't think that I will. I want nothing to do with black anthems, racist or anti-American slogans on the field, leftist, liberal statements, on helmets and armbands, or kneeling and disrespecting the playing of the national anthem. All of these plus the player's onfield buffoonery performed after a catch, run or touchdown that has escalated over the years make it hard to stomach. If I do succumb and watch it will certainly be after the opening ceremonies and more or less just to find out the score.

I've been "done" with the NFL since the leadership let Michael Vick play again.

If so, that wasnt anti American as their actions are now!!!

So let me get this straight....

You are okay with the Bush administration turning the NFL into a political vehicle, and thereby basically forcing the players into his political kabuki theater, but your pissed that now the players are speakig out on the politics they were forced to deal with?

How very American of you!

Good. Don't watch. Thats just another piece of America we are taking from white wingers. :lol:

How many threads have you started in support of police brutality against black people now? 44?

How many threads have you started in support of police brutality against black people now? 44?

What you call "police brutality" is ALWAYS started by criminals that resist arrest in one way or another.

What you call "police brutality" is ALWAYS started by criminals that resist arrest in one way or another.

What reason did Police have to arrest Breonna Taylor or her boyfriend?

I’m watching several games now up at TacoMac, enjoying the afternoon while you guys bitch about the politics of it all.

Nope, love the NFL, anyone that claims they will not watch the NFL because some player knelt or a team showed Unity was never really a fan to begin with. Maybe bowling would be more suited to their sporting ties.

Maybe you should consider soccer.

Recognizing the military has been part of the NFL since the 60's

Nice try, but clueless.

The military has been doing flyovers and other such propaganda since the 60’s?

yes and nascar also

Nope, love the NFL, anyone that claims they will not watch the NFL because some player knelt or a team showed Unity was never really a fan to begin with. Maybe bowling would be more suited to their sporting ties.

If politics is so distracting they must cancel the NFL, I submit we must revoke their drivers licenses, after all we can't have them "triggered" over Biden bumper stickers on the road now right? It's ABSOLUTELY a safety issue!

I think I'll write my congresman and senators. Perhaps they can use Facebook to determine those so triggered we'll need to revoke their driving priviliges? Sounds like good snese regulation to me; what do you think? :cool:

I choose to express my displeasure by not purchasing any of the products that sponsor the league. Not watching isn't hurting the league. They have garanunteed contracts with the networks. Not buying their sponsors products will effect their income stream.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I choose to express my displeasure by not purchasing any of the products that sponsor the league. Not watching isn't hurting the league. They have garanunteed contracts with the networks. Not buying their sponsors products will effect their income stream.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wish some one would list all the advertiser on the NFL games so we could refuse to do any business with them.

Yes, I'm done. Have been since the first kneeler.

Back
Top Bottom