• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you done with the NFL

I choose to express my displeasure by not purchasing any of the products that sponsor the league. Not watching isn't hurting the league. They have garanunteed contracts with the networks. Not buying their sponsors products will effect their income stream.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Those guaranteed contracts have a finite life. They may not be so lucrative if viewership is down 30 or 50%.

I don't buy their products $200 Nikes are no better than $15 dollar COSTCO's.

Have been done with the NFL for years having nothing to do with politics. Once they changed the rules and turned it into a track meet with pads, I lost interest. OK with the rules regarding head to head hits though they are very difficult for players to abide by. The rest of the rules changes are crap on toast.

Don't think they can ever get me back.

Last edited:
Nope! I believe in the freedom of expression. I am not an anti American right wing loser.

My team got a great win today. excited for the season.

And Brady has his first TD as a Buccaneer. Weird seeing him in a different uniform.

That is an very poor attempt to derail the thread.

But to answer your question THEY DONT. They arrest criminals, and if they shoot at or come at the police with a weapon, or attempt to hurt the police physically and they get shot, TUFF BOUNCE!!!! Besides that if a criminal that tries to hurt the police gets dead, it just improves the gene pool!!! Society simply DOES NOT need criminals.
Yeah and exterminating Jews improved the gene poll too....right. The police does not have the right to be judge and jury. Police can’t do whatever they want, lie about it and continue to police. They need to be held accountable just like every other American

I wish some one would list all the advertiser on the NFL games so we could refuse to do any business with them.
Geico
Budweiser
Frito lay
Samsung
State farm
Farmers market
Toyota
Papa johns
McDonalds
Verizon
Xfinity
Bristol myers pharmacuticals
Apple tv
McDonalds
Those are off the top of my head. Im keeping a running list while I watch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A good question these days is, are you done with the NFL? Since they have become totally anti American, I have been done with them for 2 years now. Now they have racist signs on the field, and play a racist "national anthem, as far as I am concerned, everyone should be done with them.

I used to like professional football before they became political. The millionaire players dont seem to understand that I dont consider them a source of politics. In fact I look at them simply as entertaining court jesters, as value their opinion as much as the court clown.

Egotistical sports figures and the clowns from Hollywood seem to think they have special knowledge on politics, and think everyone should follow them. Fat chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been done with the NFL for a number of years already.
This was even before Kaepernick started his celebrity-seeking actions.
If anything those actions just more formalized my resolve against watching and supporting anything to do with the NFL.

Now, seeing the NFL caving to leftist purity tests, knowing full well they will fail in the end, and the leftist mob demanding such purity test actions will destroy them in the end as well, I don't really feel bay about my decision of a few years earlier in the least.

I don't need multi-million dollar professional sports athletes.
I far more need a plumber, an electrician, a carpenter, a doctor, a dentist, an auto-mechanic, an HVAC tech. . . . .
Far more so than leftist college professors or government bureaucrats, neither of which haven't done the society any favors in the least.

I like football and I want to watch but don't think that I will. I want nothing to do with black anthems, racist or anti-American slogans on the field, leftist, liberal statements, on helmets and armbands, or kneeling and disrespecting the playing of the national anthem. All of these plus the player's onfield buffoonery performed after a catch, run or touchdown that has escalated over the years make it hard to stomach. If I do succumb and watch it will certainly be after the opening ceremonies and more or less just to find out the score.
Just watched my favorite team win. Go Ravens. Your lost. If you cannot stomach people’s right to protest or express themselves, and forfeit something you really enjoy, then that is on you. It behooves me how seriously people take their politics these days. There was a time that white people refuse to watch baseball because they let that black guy play for the Yankees. This too will pass

Just watched my favorite team win. Go Ravens. Your lost. If you cannot stomach people’s right to protest or express themselves, and forfeit something you really enjoy, then that is on you. It behooves me how seriously people take their politics these days. There was a time that white people refuse to watch baseball because they let that black guy play for the Yankees. This too will pass

Yep I have been watching since I was 5 years old and I don't need to agree with everything that every player in the league does to enjoy what happens after kick off.

There was a time that white people refuse to watch baseball because they let that black guy play for the Yankees. This too will pass

"That black guy on the Yankees"?

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier for the Brooklyn Dodgers. How would you not know that? Are you an American?

A good question these days is, are you done with the NFL? Since they have become totally anti American, I have been done with them for 2 years now. Now they have racist signs on the field, and play a racist "national anthem, as far as I am concerned, everyone should be done with them.

I used to like professional football before they became political. The millionaire players dont seem to understand that I dont consider them a source of politics. In fact I look at them simply as entertaining court jesters, as value their opinion as much as the court clown.

Egotistical sports figures and the clowns from Hollywood seem to think they have special knowledge on politics, and think everyone should follow them. Fat chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great day of football today!

"That black guy on the Yankees"?

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier for the Brooklyn Dodgers. How would you not know that? Are you an American?

I knew it was a team in NY. Just forgot which one. Sue me

If so, that wasnt anti American as their actions are now!!!

Why do you construe this as "anti-Americanism?"

America has a long history of racism, sexism and holding anti-LGBTQ views. When people protest, they want to make the country better.

Really? We're the stands full? How were the merchandise sales today? Did the local NFL economies make a lot of money? How did the restaurants and bars do today?

Did you have a point?

We all know we are in a pandemic.

https://i.imgflip.com/4eupgw.jpg

Another day, another whiny Trump cult rant.

Back
Top Bottom