• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you an electric locomotive?

• Definitely no!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • My boss considers me an electric locomotive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My family consideres me an electric locomotive

• Both my family and my boss consider me an electric locomotive

• I am an electric locomotive

• Total voters

SCitizen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The question is not as simple as it sounds.

A little context would be nice.

no, but the possum and the fox meet behind the old oak tree at midnight.

Anyone who has time to post tens of thousands of messages is not an electric locomotive. I mostly read online conversations rather then work, so I am not an electric locomotive either.

In which way?

I am not an electric train -- I do not work too much.

I am large, resistant to damage, and tend to dominate the battlefield. :)

I also burn a lot of fuel and am relatively high maintenance. :lamo

I am large, resistant to damage, and tend to dominate the battlefield. :)
I also burn a lot of fuel and am relatively high maintenance. :lamo

Thanks -- I understand. But I am a 155kg 45 year old unemployed man. Not an Abrams Tank!

I was wondering if anyone has a boss or a family that treats them like an electric locomotive.

Thanks -- I understand. But I am a 155kg 45 year old unemployed man. Not an Abrams Tank!

I was wondering if anyone has a boss or a family that treats them like an electric locomotive.

Yeah, I work my butt off, about sixty hours a week. I'm also on call two days a month.

Last month, upper management decided we were swamped and ordered a "big production push"... we were all told to work from sunup to sundown Monday (that would be about 620 am to 830pm). Most of us went home after nine or ten hours anyway. Frack them, we work too hard as it is.

They didn't do anything about it. :)

Yeah, I work my butt off, about sixty hours a week. I'm also on call two days a month.

Last month, upper management decided we were swamped and ordered a "big production push"... we were all told to work from sunup to sundown Monday (that would be about 620 am to 830pm). Most of us went home after nine or ten hours anyway. Frack them, we work too hard as it is.

They didn't do anything about it. :)

Thanks. Fortunately I do not have any dependents -- thus I work very little. About 10 hours a week.

Thanks. Fortunately I do not have any dependents -- thus I work very little. About 10 hours a week.

My household consists of three adults and two children. All the adults work full time, but I make more than the other two put together (and pay all the household bills, but it is my place after all).

Well, Niece#2 buys the groceries and Son#1 pays his own expenses, auto insurance and such, but I pay all the utilities and whatnot.

Dislike working so hard, but I do like having money. :)

Looking for a happy medium, I'd be okay with working 45-50 hrs and making somewhat less but having more time and energy left...

Back
Top Bottom