• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you a hawk, crow or dove?

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Which comes closer to your views on foreign policy?

It won't let me add a poll after 5 minutes of creating thread, what a bunch of c***.

1. Hawk - You support an aggressive, interventionist foreign policy based on strong military power

2. Crow - You support a pragmatic foreign policy and the use of military force when there is a threat to national security

3. Dove - You support a non-interventionist foreign policy and avoiding the use of military force whenever possible

Last edited:
I am more of a dove than a hawk in foreign policy. But what constitutes a "crow"? That one is new to me and a quick Google is helping.

I would have to say neither dove nor hawk. The USA need to surgically intervene when it promotes American interests to do so. US treasure and lives are valuable and should be used wisely.

I hate hawks, but I'm no dove.

I guess I'm a very cautious crow. First I've ever heard that label though.

which comes closer to your views on foreign policy?

It won't let me add a poll after 5 minutes of creating thread, what a bunch of c***.

1. Hawk - you support an aggressive, interventionist foreign policy based on strong military power

2. Crow - you support a pragmatic foreign policy and the use of military force when there is a threat to national security

3. Dove - you support a non-interventionist foreign policy and avoiding the use of military force whenever possible

moooooooooooo

I am more of a dove than a hawk in foreign policy. But what constitutes a "crow"? That one is new to me and a quick Google is helping.

I googled and came up with a variant game theory experiment. Hawks (super aggressive), doves (cooperative, non-resisting), and crows (protect doves, fight hawks). The chap also added jays in as cheaters, who fled from hawks and crows but stole from doves.

In doing the math, the presence of crows greatly increased the final number of doves, but when jays were added they screwed with the numbers a lot.

Interesting.

I don't know which bird to identify with, if any. I prefer peace... but recognize it isn't always possible. I'd prefer that we go to war rarely, but that when we do we should conduct the war and its aftermath in such a manner that we will NEVER need to go to war against that particular enemy again.

I googled and came up with a variant game theory experiment. Hawks (super aggressive), doves (cooperative, non-resisting), and crows (protect doves, fight hawks). The chap also added jays in as cheaters, who fled from hawks and crows but stole from doves.

In doing the math, the presence of crows greatly increased the final number of doves, but when jays were added they screwed with the numbers a lot.

Interesting.

I don't know which bird to identify with, if any. I prefer peace... but recognize it isn't always possible. I'd prefer that we go to war rarely, but that when we do we should conduct the war and its aftermath in such a manner that we will NEVER need to go to war against that particular enemy again.

Pretty much this. I guess that'd make me something of a "crow," in keeping with the OP's line of reasoning.

Last edited:
I'm a Wolverine.

If they come over here to screw with me I'll tear into them!

Otherwise, I stay in my own territory.

Last edited:
I'm a Wolverine.

If they come over here to screw with me I'll tear into them

I call that the rattlesnake

rattlesnakes tend to want to be left alone

they avoid fights when they can

but if you step on them they bite you hard and hope you die

I'm a Wolverine.

If they come over here to screw with me I'll tear into them

Why not a Honey Badger? :mrgreen:

6a68d2a7157577c12ec260ebee0af6b0a800cedd61075ad42e1e7926bd7aed5d.jpg

Honey-Badger-Dont-Care.jpg

what constitutes a "crow"? That one is new to me.

Me too. In some cultures, crows are associated with war in mythology, but I've never heard of them being portrayed as "pragmatic" in terms of foreign policy.

Leftists: It's time to stop nursing from the government teat!

I trust this admonition is also directed at fat cats and their massive gubmint subsidies.

You used to be able to add a poll under "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread. I assume you still can do that.

I'm definitely a dove.

Owls and cats have a lot in common.

They are both smart.

They are both fuzzy and cute.

They are both lethal and deadly.

sadly real owls aren't all that smart. Crows are much more intelligent in terms of birds.

Crows are smart, yes.

But an owl can kick a crow's arse.

depends. I have seen crows mob an owl and drive it away. I have never seen an owl kill a crow but I am sure it has happened.

depends. I have seen crows mob an owl and drive it away. I have never seen an owl kill a crow but I am sure it has happened.

Owls inhabit the night when most other birds are asleep.

The hawk rules the skies during the day.

The owls rule it during the night.

The crows are just noisy.

On those terms, I'm a raven.
I don't give a sh*t about what's good for other birds and I'll drive off any that look like they're getting above themselves.

Back
Top Bottom