• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Southerner ?

(just between us ... I copied and pasted that ... I have no idea what H&K 416 D145RS 22LR 20+1 16.1" NIB is ... as far as I'm concerned it could the serial number on a refrigerator ... but when I posted it, I felt really, really manly. Now I know why so many cons are into guns.)
H&K stands for Heironimus and Kligenheimer, then there's a bunch of model numbers, then there's the 22 caliber long raffle, which means something, and obviously 20+1 = 22, and so on. Definitely MANLY. I actually prefer the 45 caliber, which is 24 calibers bigger, and way more manly. It doesn't go BANG at all. It goes BOOM, which is completely different.

H&K stands for Heironimus and Kligenheimer, then there's a bunch of model numbers, then there's the 22 caliber long raffle, which means something, and obviously 20+1 = 22, and so on. Definitely MANLY. I actually prefer the 45 caliber, which is 24 calibers bigger, and way more manly. It doesn't go BANG at all. It goes BOOM, which is completely different.

I like BOOM more (unless it's too loud and ends up in the death of another human being) ...

Having grown up in the very deepest part of the Deep South as a strongly conservative Republican, and having spent 20 years as part of a strongly conservative organization - the military - I think I can see both sides...and you know what? If your gun is not yet drawn, and the guy with a knife is within ten feet of you, he will kill you dead before you have a chance to draw your gun.

That, and if a guy has a gun and really wants to kill you, you're dead. It doesn't matter how big or bad your gun is, and it doesn't matter how good you are with it - if he's got the drop on you, you're dead.

Don't get me wrong - there's some times that having a gun is a good thing...like when there's somebody breaking into your house. Problem is, a gun-owning household is many times more likely to have its guns used in a suicide, homicide, or accidental shooting than it is to have those guns used in self-defense, and women are several times more likely to be killed by her husband in a domestic abuse situation if he is a gun owner.

This doesn't mean that guns are always a bad thing - I grew up with guns, and I know how to respect them. But kids get curious when they find guns, and men all too often reach for the most effective weapon at hand when they're in a domestic dispute...hence the statistics. However 'okay' we may think it may be, the overall statistics - here and overseas - don't lie.

BUT Pandora's outta the box and she ain't gettin' back in. We simply can't take all the guns away from everyone - heck, there's nearly 80 guns owned by the civilian populace as by the police and military combined. But what we can do is to keep from allow nutcases from legally purchasing guns - which requires a background check for ALL firearm purchases - and enable the government to stop the gun-runners - which requires registration of all firearms. This isn't tyranny any more than it is for Switzerland or Israel, both of which have much more stringent gun-control laws than we do...and Switzerland's been doing just fine for half a millennium, since long before America was even thought about.

But will this happen? No, because there's too many nutcases out there who are Absolutely Sure that the guv'mint's a-comin' for them, that those black helicopters are just over that ridge just a-waitin' to shoot them dead and take the guns from their cold, dead fingers. This is also known as stupidity, because these people are placing their oh-so-precious 'right' (based on an out-of-context reading of the Second Amendment) over the rights of women and children to live. Less than twenty years ago, the NRA was officially for background checks for everyone...but now? The rabid pro-gun nuts just don't get that it's not about - and never was about - their Second Amendment rights. It's about the gun manufacturers convincing them to buy ever more guns and ammo, especially since gun ownership rate in America has been steadily dropping for thirty years.

Hear that, gun owners? You're being used...and not by the liberals, but by the gun manufacturers and their toady the NRA to buy more guns, that it's somehow patriotic to carry guns all the time...it's almost as if they want you to think they're sacred, somehow holy.

It's said that the Lotto is a tax on the stupid. Anymore, so is NRA membership...which is why George H.W. Bush and Adolphus Busch both so publicly quit the NRA - they saw where it was going, how extremist it was becoming, and wanted no part of it.

So should you all.

Whole lotta WRONG all in one post.

I can kill man with a knife at 10 feet if my gun is holstered. Come to one of my classes and I'll show you how its done.

If the other guy has his gun out, either seek cover first and then draw, or wait for an opportunity to draw when he is distracted.... I posted about a dozen news stories and videos of private citizens doing just that not long ago.

I re-joined the NRA recently, they're not my favorite gun-rights group (I prefer the GOA, less compromise, less merchandising), but I'll keep my membership because they're the big one with the big clout and we're going to need that to protect our rights against the likes of Pelosi.

You do what you want with your life; don't tell me how to protect mine.

I like BOOM more (unless it's too loud and ends up in the death of another human being) ...
I also prefer not to kill people. Crazy, I know, but even with all these guns around - I don't even know where they all came from - I'd really rather not.

I also prefer not to kill people. Crazy, I know, but even with all these guns around - I don't even know where they all came from - I'd really rather not.

you can make a lot of money selling them I hear ... maybe that's where they came from ...

you can make a lot of money selling them I hear ... maybe that's where they came from ...
I don't know. I must be like a fire arm magnet or something. They are pricey right around now. The American public must be arming themselves. A result of threats to limit them, I suppose. Maybe we should do the opposite and then they'd stop buying them like there's no tomorrow.

I don't know. I must be like a fire arm magnet or something. They are pricey right around now. The American public must be arming themselves. A result of threats to limit them, I suppose. Maybe we should do the opposite and then they'd stop buying them like there's no tomorrow.

I know that there were a handful that as soon as the black guy got to Pennsylvania Ave., they said, "Oh crap! Here they come Martha!" But I think you're right, the vast majority I think bought more guns when they thought that the gov't was going to take them away, and the NRA and their whores in Congress did a nice job of getting them to believe it (whether it was true or not). Others buy them because they're pretty cool or believe this is the one ... like folks who own many sets of golf clubs ... I still prefer not to have them around me ... here's how bad I am, when the kids were young, we bought a new house and decided to buy one without a pool ...

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife
and two small children.

Suddenly, a Terrorist with a huge knife
comes around the corner, locks eyes with you,
screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at you...

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.
You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What do you do?

First off, I wouldn't be carrying a semiautomatic. I'd have a 357 loaded with 38 +P hollow points, though I have been considering a .454 loaded with .45 Colt.

Second of all, he wouldn't be allowed to get that close before he got two in the chest. Then I'd call the police, and have the carcass removed from the streets before it stank up the place.

and two small children.

What do you do?

Democrat's Answer:
• Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
• What is a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP?
• Does the man look poor or oppressed?
• Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling?
• Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
• Could we run away?
• What does my wife think?
• What about the kids?
• Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
• What does the law say about this situation?
• Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
• Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
• Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
• Does he definitely want to kill me, or would� he be content just to wound me?
• If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing� me?
• Should I call 9-1-1?
• Why is this street so deserted?
• We need to raise taxes, have paint & weed day.
• Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
• I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
• This is all so confusing!

............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... .......... ......... ..�

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......

Southerner’s Answer

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG ! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click..... (Sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click

Turtle's answer

lots of shots

Turtle to son-good job Junior-you cut him 5 times with your knife before mom shot him 4 times

Turtle to wife-good reload Mrs T-that was under 2 seconds flat

Jr to dad-awesome group dad-5 9mm in his right eye

Mrs T to T-damn those federal hydrashocks are expensive-why waste four of them

I know that there were a handful that as soon as the black guy got to Pennsylvania Ave., they said, "Oh crap! Here they come Martha!" But I think you're right, the vast majority I think bought more guns when they thought that the gov't was going to take them away, and the NRA and their whores in Congress did a nice job of getting them to believe it (whether it was true or not). Others buy them because they're pretty cool or believe this is the one ... like folks who own many sets of golf clubs ... I still prefer not to have them around me ... here's how bad I am, when the kids were young, we bought a new house and decided to buy one without a pool ...
Shame on you. When my boys were young, there wasn't a weapon to be found anywhere in the house. Boys will be boys, after all. Later, I gave them instruction - when they were old enough to understand the serious nature of such weapons. I have purchased guns because I like to shoot - sport and hunting. Personal protection is the responsibility of each of us - do what you think you should.

Shame on you. When my boys were young, there wasn't a weapon to be found anywhere in the house. Boys will be boys, after all. Later, I gave them instruction - when they were old enough to understand the serious nature of such weapons. I have purchased guns because I like to shoot - sport and hunting. Personal protection is the responsibility of each of us - do what you think you should.

shame on me about the pool? don't worry, they learned to swim, and are actually good swimmers ... around that time there were three or four stories about kids drowning in the family pool ... scared us ... even the best of parents lose sight of their children and it doesn't take much ... I remember that one of mine when he was four thought it would be funny to hide in some clothes at a store and we couldn't find him for about a minute -- literally a minute -- and I'll never forget the feeling ... it felt like hours ...

Whole lotta WRONG all in one post. I can kill man with a knife at 10 feet if my gun is holstered. Come to one of my classes and I'll show you how its done.

There's a whole lotta IF's in that last claim. Sure, you can do that...IF the guy doesn't have the jump on you, IF you're not encumbered by a jacket or groceries or your wife hanging on your arm, IF the guy is 50 y.o. with a bum knee like me.

And you know what? Even if it's me and I don't have the jump on you and you're not at all encumbered, IF you stood still, I'd still get you in one lunge (yes, even now I can go ten feet in one lunge thanks to my fencing a long time ago) before you could shoot me...UNLESS your safety was off to begin with. If it was a young punk with a knife, it wouldn't matter if you stood still or not - he'd get you before you switched off your safety. The ONLY way you could do what you claim is to carry with your safety switched off.

So is that what you're teaching your class? To carry with their safeties off? I sincerely hope not - even the loony bin over at the NRA knows better than that, because by doing so, you're putting them (and those around them) at much more risk than they are from the random guy with a knife...and back in my active duty days, any firearms instructor who told his students to do so wouldn't have been a firearms instructor for very long at all.

If the other guy has his gun out, either seek cover first and then draw, or wait for an opportunity to draw when he is distracted.... I posted about a dozen news stories and videos of private citizens doing just that not long ago.

And for every story about self defense, I can post ten stories about innocent people being killed by guns, and all too often it's a woman being killed by her husband or boyfriend (or ex of either). Oh, but wait - I suppose that in your world, women are supposed to carry guns around even in their own houses, so it's their fault if they weren't carrying when their husbands or boyfriends shot them.

I re-joined the NRA recently, they're not my favorite gun-rights group (I prefer the GOA, less compromise, less merchandising), but I'll keep my membership because they're the big one with the big clout and we're going to need that to protect our rights against the likes of Pelosi.

And as I posted, George H. W. Bush - whom I as a progressive still like and admire and hold as a hero - would strongly disagree with you. Your 'gun rights' are not and never were at risk...if for no other reason than that Pandora's out of the box and she ain't gettin' back in, because there's something like eighty times as many firearms in the civilian world as there is in the police and military combined. What was at risk was not your gun rights, but the REVENUE of gun manufacturers, since the proportion of Americans owning guns has steadily dropped for thirty years now. This is why the gun manufacturers have steadily increased their role in the NRA with major donations and seats on the NRA board. If you were half as cynical as you seem to believe yourself to be, you'd know this already.

You do what you want with your life; don't tell me how to protect mine.

I really don't care what you do with your life - jump off a cliff if you want. But if you're telling your class to carry with safeties off, and that they can face a knife-wielding young man only ten feet away and think that they can unholster and fire their weapons before he sticks that knife in their gizzard, you're putting their lives at risk.

There's a whole lotta IF's in that last claim. Sure, you can do that...IF the guy doesn't have the jump on you, IF you're not encumbered by a jacket or groceries or your wife hanging on your arm, IF the guy is 50 y.o. with a bum knee like me.

And you know what? Even if it's me and I don't have the jump on you and you're not at all encumbered, IF you stood still, I'd still get you in one lunge (yes, even now I can go ten feet in one lunge thanks to my fencing a long time ago) before you could shoot me...UNLESS your safety was off to begin with. If it was a young punk with a knife, it wouldn't matter if you stood still or not - he'd get you before you switched off your safety. The ONLY way you could do what you claim is to carry with your safety switched off.

So is that what you're teaching your class? To carry with their safeties off? I sincerely hope not - even the loony bin over at the NRA knows better than that, because by doing so, you're putting them (and those around them) at much more risk than they are from the random guy with a knife...and back in my active duty days, any firearms instructor who told his students to do so wouldn't have been a firearms instructor for very long at all.

And for every story about self defense, I can post ten stories about innocent people being killed by guns, and all too often it's a woman being killed by her husband or boyfriend (or ex of either). Oh, but wait - I suppose that in your world, women are supposed to carry guns around even in their own houses, so it's their fault if they weren't carrying when their husbands or boyfriends shot them.

And as I posted, George H. W. Bush - whom I as a progressive still like and admire and hold as a hero - would strongly disagree with you. Your 'gun rights' are not and never were at risk...if for no other reason than that Pandora's out of the box and she ain't gettin' back in, because there's something like eighty times as many firearms in the civilian world as there is in the police and military combined. What was at risk was not your gun rights, but the REVENUE of gun manufacturers, since the proportion of Americans owning guns has steadily dropped for thirty years now. This is why the gun manufacturers have steadily increased their role in the NRA with major donations and seats on the NRA board. If you were half as cynical as you seem to believe yourself to be, you'd know this already.

I really don't care what you do with your life - jump off a cliff if you want. But if you're telling your class to carry with safeties off, and that they can face a knife-wielding young man only ten feet away and think that they can unholster and fire their weapons before he sticks that knife in their gizzard, you're putting their lives at risk.

there is an entire cattle ranch worth of manure in that post. Your anti NRA rants are just plain hysterical. And that is the least silly thing there. If someone with a knife is within ten feet of you, your response is to MOVE while drawing and then terminate the threat. Standing there trying to draw is silly.

there is an entire cattle ranch worth of manure in that post. Your anti NRA rants are just plain hysterical. And that is the least silly thing there. If someone with a knife is within ten feet of you, your response is to MOVE while drawing and then terminate the threat. Standing there trying to draw is silly.

IF you've got room to move...and even if you do, that's IF you're not encumbered by a jacket or groceries or by your girl holding on to your arm, and that's IF you can move at anything approaching as quickly as the threat can...

...and AGAIN - you deigned to ignore this crucial point - that's IF your gun's safety is already off.

You're waaaaaay too full of yourself. There's this thing that would really help you grow, although it's not real popular inside conservative circles (except inside a church sometimes) - it's called 'humility', and it applies in this case in that you should know better than to pretend that you're never encumbered by clothing or belongings or a loved one, you've always got room and ability to move, that you can switch off your safety in time to point the gun in the desired direction, and that the threat isn't faster than you.

If you were smart, you'd know that the best thing to remain calm, do nothing to antagonize the guy, calmly give up your wallet and valuables and let it go - those are only *things* and are never worth it (and your personal pride is not worth it, either) - and then call the police. Your gun should be the LAST resort, not the first.

IF you've got room to move...and even if you do, that's IF you're not encumbered by a jacket or groceries or by your girl holding on to your arm, and that's IF you can move at anything approaching as quickly as the threat can...

...and AGAIN - you deigned to ignore this crucial point - that's IF your gun's safety is already off.

You're waaaaaay too full of yourself. There's this thing that would really help you grow, although it's not real popular inside conservative circles (except inside a church sometimes) - it's called 'humility', and it applies in this case in that you should know better than to pretend that you're never encumbered by clothing or belongings or a loved one, you've always got room and ability to move, that you can switch off your safety in time to point the gun in the desired direction, and that the threat isn't faster than you.

If you were smart, you'd know that the best thing to remain calm, do nothing to antagonize the guy, calmly give up your wallet and valuables and let it go - those are only *things* and are never worth it (and your personal pride is not worth it, either) - and then call the police. Your gun should be the LAST resort, not the first.

This is pure idiocy. I have shot a mugger and have taught hundreds of others how to deal with such situations. I don't have a safety on the guns I carry, one is a revolver, the other is a SW with a passive safety (made famous by Glock). I don't have any girls. I have a wife and she carries more often than I do. If someone with a knife is coming at me I am gonna move, throw the groceries at him and shoot him as many times it takes to end the threat.

You really haven't been here long enough nor have you established any basis of credibility to say anyone else is "full of themselves" especially when your posts demonstrate a complete lack of understanding

shame on me about the pool? don't worry, they learned to swim, and are actually good swimmers ... around that time there were three or four stories about kids drowning in the family pool ... scared us ... even the best of parents lose sight of their children and it doesn't take much ... I remember that one of mine when he was four thought it would be funny to hide in some clothes at a store and we couldn't find him for about a minute -- literally a minute -- and I'll never forget the feeling ... it felt like hours ...
I don't blame you. I had similar experiences. What a sinking, empty feeling.

that's IF your gun's safety is already off.

That's what training is for. If I can pull the hammer on my revolver back on the draw, a skilled shooter can do the same with a safety. Most of the popular modern defense guns either don't have manual safeties, or have safeties that are quickly, and easily disengaged with the quick flick of the thumb. Then there are people like me, who carry a double action revolver, which only needs to be aimed before firing.

You don't seem to know much about self-defense issues, guns, or carrying of same. Given your tone, I don't know why I will bother trying to explain some of this... well yes actually I do; someone else might be listening whose mind isn't closed, and they might actually learn something.

First thing: the gun is just a tool. All real self-defense starts with the mind and the environment and proceeds from there. When I said I could kill a man with a knife starting ten feet from me, starting with my weapon holstered, I wasn't talking about doing some kind of fast draw trick. I've demonstrated it to classes of dozens of people many times, and watched their faces as their expressions went from surprise and shock to "OH... why the hell didn't I think of that?!?"

1. Just because I carry a gun doesn't mean drawing it immediately is the first response to everything.
2. Just because I have other initial responses doesn't mean I don't need the gun; there are certain circumstances where pretty much nothing else will do.

Okay, on to the second point.... this business about carrying with the safety off. There are some things you don't seem to know.
1. Most modern carry guns do not HAVE a manual safety lever. Most are DAO (double action only, like revolvers) which use other internal mechanisms to prevent unintended discharges. Also, some people still carry small-frame revolvers... and revolvers do not (never have) had external safety levers. So while NO I would not recommend someone carry a Colt 1911 cocked with the safety off, most people do not carry 1911's, they carry Glocks and M&Ps and Kahrs and Kel-tecs.... which are DAO and do not HAVE an external safety lever.
2. For those who do carry guns with external safeties, like the 1911... (I used to long ago), flicking off the safety switch is an action that can be trained as part of the drawstroke, requiring only a tiny fraction of a second and not impeding response to any degree for the properly trained.

So that is two different ways in which your assertion/question/critique about whether I teach carrying "safety off" is essentially meaningless in modern concealed carry and self-defense.

I wasn't going to bother responding to the rest of this drivel...

.... but I will say a few words...

There is a real risk to gun rights when you have legislators like Pelosi trying to push bills like her abomination of a so-called AWB just a few months ago, and I will continue to support organizations like the NRA, GOA, Grassroots, JFPO, SAS and others that push back in favor of our Bill of Rights.

As for putting lives at risk, I've never yet taught a self-defense class, whether armed or unarmed (I do both), that I didn't get either a round of applause or lots of people wanting to shake my hand and thank me and tell me mine was the best such class they'd ever taken... so I'd say I must be doing something right. And of my former students who have had to defend themselves since, they've all come out alive so far, so you can take your uniformed opinion on the matter, fold it until it is all sharp corners, and.... well you get the idea.

:)

I've already successfully defused a two-man attempted mugging, while having a small child (mine) with me. When the perps saw that I was alert and ready, had spotted both of them (one was trying to come up behind), and had taken a defensive posture with my child behind me, where I could see them both, and had my hand on my gun about to draw... they unassed the area. No shots fired; nobody hurt.

You need to stick to subjects you know something about, I think. This one isn't working out for you.

and two small children.

What do you do?

Democrat's Answer:
• Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
• What is a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP?
• Does the man look poor or oppressed?
• Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling?
• Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
• Could we run away?
• What does my wife think?
• What about the kids?
• Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
• What does the law say about this situation?
• Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
• Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
• Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
• Does he definitely want to kill me, or would� he be content just to wound me?
• If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing� me?
• Should I call 9-1-1?
• Why is this street so deserted?
• We need to raise taxes, have paint & weed day.
• Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
• I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
• This is all so confusing!

............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... .......... ......... ..�

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ......

Southerner’s Answer

BANG ! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click..... (Sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click

My reaction as a southerner, HELP!

Seriously, one round to the kneecap and he'll wish he was dead. I'm a heart breaker, not a life taker.

This is pure idiocy. I have shot a mugger and have taught hundreds of others how to deal with such situations. I don't have a safety on the guns I carry, one is a revolver, the other is a SW with a passive safety (made famous by Glock). I don't have any girls. I have a wife and she carries more often than I do. If someone with a knife is coming at me I am gonna move, throw the groceries at him and shoot him as many times it takes to end the threat.

You really haven't been here long enough nor have you established any basis of credibility to say anyone else is "full of themselves" especially when your posts demonstrate a complete lack of understanding

Ah. You 'know what you're doing because you've shot a mugger'. Big whoop. I've seen many times over the years someone claim their personal experience trumps the statistics - from refusing to wear seat belts to not needing to drive with lights on at night to "this can't be asbestos because it glows when I put my cigarette on it" to one particular patrol supervisor who thought that his men would be less likely to dehydrate if they'd "hold their pee" - and wouldn't listen even to the ship's Corpsmen when they tried to unf**k his brain. As can be expected, pretty much every one of these guys have been wrong.

This doesn't automatically make you wrong - but according to the training I received, you're flat wrong. And let's pretend just for now that you're right, that you're just that fast and you'd never, ever be so encumbered or be in a situation where you'd be hindered. How dare you assume that your students can do the same, that they've got the same quickness of reaction, speed of movement, and clarity of mind that you claim you have? You can't. You flatly cannot assume such (unless, of course, you're limiting your students to young, quick, and clear-headed people), and for you to teach them that they can do so is putting their lives at risk.

That's what training is for. If I can pull the hammer on my revolver back on the draw, a skilled shooter can do the same with a safety. Most of the popular modern defense guns either don't have manual safeties, or have safeties that are quickly, and easily disengaged with the quick flick of the thumb. Then there are people like me, who carry a double action revolver, which only needs to be aimed before firing.

And when you're wearing a jacket? If you are, it doesn't matter how quick your gun is, for the half-second or more that you need to get your hand under your jacket - whether your holster's on your hip or under your shoulder - is all the extra time that young man with a knife needs. Besides, can you draw and fire your weapon in 1.5 seconds? Because if the threat is 21 feet away, that's all the time he needs to get to you.

Why is it a terrorist and not some crazy **** with a knife, and how am I supposed to tell the difference when it hardly matters?

His "Bush did it" t-shirt.

Ah. You 'know what you're doing because you've shot a mugger'. Big whoop. I've seen many times over the years someone claim their personal experience trumps the statistics - from refusing to wear seat belts to not needing to drive with lights on at night to "this can't be asbestos because it glows when I put my cigarette on it" to one particular patrol supervisor who thought that his men would be less likely to dehydrate if they'd "hold their pee" - and wouldn't listen even to the ship's Corpsmen when they tried to unf**k his brain. As can be expected, pretty much every one of these guys have been wrong.

This doesn't automatically make you wrong - but according to the training I received, you're flat wrong. And let's pretend just for now that you're right, that you're just that fast and you'd never, ever be so encumbered or be in a situation where you'd be hindered. How dare you assume that your students can do the same, that they've got the same quickness of reaction, speed of movement, and clarity of mind that you claim you have? You can't. You flatly cannot assume such (unless, of course, you're limiting your students to young, quick, and clear-headed people), and for you to teach them that they can do so is putting their lives at risk.

the 300 hours of formal training and the half million rounds-many of them under tons of pressure suggest I know far more about this subject than you do.

I have a law degree and am licensed to so practice in Ohio and relevant federal courts
I have represented individuals -private and public sector in shootings
I have taught at major shooting academies that involve lots of training on WHEN to shoot
I held a national speed shooting record

so tell us your credentials

how many gunfights or lethal confrontations have you been in

how about people you have taught

so what training have you had and what part I said is "flat out wrong". Carrying a revolver that has no safety (tell me ones that do)

There is no perfect solution for a situation that has yet to happen

Back
Top Bottom