• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you a bigot?

Bigot?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on something that I'll explain in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
I may or may not be a bigot in this because I don't see sportsball topics as of vital importance.
I'm not going to pretend to care about sports. But I care that other people care. I want a solution that is based in science (and not bigotry or politics,) and satisfies as many women athletes as possible.

Everyone else in your ideology cares, but I guess you're a free thinker, above the fray. You didn't arrive at this point in your life, making this thread, because you absorb the exact same right-wing propaganda as tens of millions of others who stumble upon this point. Nooo.

Everyone else in your ideology cares, but I guess you're a free thinker, above the fray. You didn't arrive at this point in your life, making this thread, because you absorb the exact same right-wing propaganda as tens of millions of others who stumble upon this point. Nooo.

What's my "ideology", Dans?

Are you a bigot for thinking that biological males/trans females shouldn't be allowed to participate in individual women's sports? Please vote and discuss below.

Like with any topic it would simply depend on an individual's reasoning

so the answer can be yes it could be no
and anybody who claims its only one has no clue what the word bigot means LOL

bigot
NOUN
A person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

And you think libertarians care where people use the bathroom?

They care about what athletes do. And in general, **** YES. Right-wing libertarians are (in general) cartoonishly hypocritical in their small government, free market beliefs.

If so, you shouldn't have any problems with men having similar tests as well.

As are women.

The point of testosterone testing is to differentiate between sexes. It is not to catch cheating - doping, steroid use etc - there are other tests for that.

There is no point in testing testosterone levels in men to meet the goal of differentiating sexes.

Such a free thinker!

True story.
If you were a woman competing against Lia Thomas, or your daughter was, you would consider it to be unfair I bet. In a sport where strength is not a factor,
think darts, billiards, etc. I guess it wouldn't matter.

The point of testosterone testing is to differentiate between sexes. It is not to catch cheating - doping, steroid use etc - there are other tests for that.

There is no point in testing testosterone levels in men to meet the goal of differentiating sexes.
IYO

You think we need to concentrate on "sex". I think it's only fair that we concentrate on all the biological parameters that indicate a human has an unfair biological advantage in either division.

Last edited:
If you were a woman competing against Lia Thomas, or your daughter was, you would consider it to be unfair I bet. In a sport where strength is not a factor,
think darts, billiards, etc. I guess it wouldn't matter.

I already made a statement to this effect. The point of threads like this isn't to start a nuanced discussion, where both sides can be respected and the transgendered community get a modicum of human dignity -- but to be one of many factors that fosters a resentment towards one of the most mistreated groups in America. The message is the question, not the debate.

This is only a hot button issue in conservative culture war circles, and I never take such questions from a right-winger seriously.

I'm not going to pretend to care about sports. But I care that other people care. I want a solution that is based in science (and not bigotry or politics,) and satisfies as many women athletes as possible.
I say let the various sports associations figure it out and maybe what we need is different rules for different organizations. What might work for football (soccer) might not work for baseball or swimming.

The various sports reaching their consensus is what should be important.

I already made a statement to this effect. The point of threads like this isn't to start a nuanced discussion, where both sides can be respected and the transgendered community get a modicum of human dignity -- but to be one of many factors that fosters a resentment towards one of the most mistreated groups in America. The message is the question, not the debate.

This is only a hot button issue in conservative culture war circles, and I never take such questions from a right-winger seriously.
I am the furthest thing from a right winger you can imagine.

You'd be a bigot if you think that women's sports should have hormone standards and men's sports should not.
Aren't male athletes tested for performance-enhancing drugs?

Would you suggest maximum testosterone ranges for male athletes? Or minimum?

I'm definitely on board for making sure NO performance-enhancing substances are used for ALL athletes, but I'd like to understand what kind of testosterone testing you would want to see for male athletes.

Aren't male athletes tested for performance-enhancing drugs?

Would you suggest maximum testosterone ranges for male athletes? Or minimum?

I'm definitely on board for making sure NO performance-enhancing substances are used for ALL athletes, but I'd like to understand what kind of testosterone testing you would want to see for male athletes.
I am not a trained scientist and don't play one in DP.

But surely there are tests that can be performed in BOTH divisions to discover unfair biological advantages. IMO, it's a "fair" way to solve the problem.

Last edited:
Stating the obvious and noting it as my opinion does nothing to refute it.
You think we need to concentrate on "sex". I think it's only fair that we concentrate on all the biological parameters that indicate a human has an unfair biological advantage in either division.

But surely there are tests that can be performed in BOTH divisions to route out unfair biological advantages.

Oh, there are "tests".
The best "test" is extremely simple: if the athlete in question has a **** 'n balls hangin', like this Mia Thomas fella, then he should be in the mens league.(y)

Oh, there are "tests".
The best "test" is extremely simple: if the athlete in question has a **** 'n balls hangin', like this Mia Thomas fella, then he should be in the mens league.(y)
Be sure to call up the NCAA and let them know. They will be thrilled to know that you've found the solution. /s

Be sure to call up the NCAA and let them know. They will be thrilled to know that you've found the solution. /s

Its preposterous that this even has to be said. Just goes to show what happens when wokeness runs amok.

Are you a bigot for thinking that biological males/trans females shouldn't be allowed to participate in individual women's sports? Please vote and discuss below.
For the far-left, just your OP is bigoted as you used "biological males/trans females". The far left actually believes they are real females and women. I literally just saw this play out on a friend's FB wall, and it was nuts.

Back
Top Bottom