• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Whites more racist than Blacks?

Does the media cut minorties more slack on race? Are whites more racist than others?

• Total voters

Vincent

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There's been multiple definitions of racism, so I'll present a specific one for this poll. Racism is basically disliking other people because of their race, choosing specifically to associate or not to associate with people because of their race, or assuming negative things about someone because of their race. Do not confuse racism and social status.

It seems whenever I see some story involving racial slurs or white attacking blacks or blacks attacking whites, there's always a simple pattern. If it's a white person insulting blacks or beating up blacks, its always "hate speech" or "hate crime" or "racial attack." When it's blacks or minorities attacking whites its, "accused of racial remarks" or "possible hate crime" or "possible racial attack".

Question one: Does the media cut minorities more slack on racial issues?
Question two: Are whites more racist than minorities?

Last edited:
There's been multiple definitions of racism, so I'll present a specific one for this poll. Racism is basically disliking other people because of their race, choosing specifically to associate or not to associate with people because of their race, or assuming negative things about someone because of their race. Do not confuse racism and social status.

It seems whenever I see some story involving racial slurs or white attacking blacks or blacks attacking whites, there's always a simple pattern. If it's a white person insulting blacks or beating up blacks, its always "hate speech" or "hate crime" or "racial attack." When it's blacks or minorities attacking whites its, "accused of racial remarks" or "possible hate crime" or "possible racial attack".

Question one: Does the media cut minorities more slack on racial issues?
Question two: Are whites more racist than minorities?

Racism is a byproduct of ignorance and ignorance has no race. Considering the history of America it's easily conceivable that there is a natural tendency to forgive the transgressions of blacks and other minorities towards European-Americans. However, racism is racism and it's not limited to any one ethnicity.

Exploiting race for political gain is far more insideous, divisive and damaging than Bubba and Tyrone throwing down in a racially epithet laced brawl.

Last edited:
I would say that yes, "the media in the USA cuts minorities more slack on whether things are racist and hate crimes."
At least I get that impression, based on my personal observations.

Secondly, "White people in the USA are not more racist than minorities."

A group of people differentiated from others by their skin color cannot possibly be racist at all, let alone more than another such group.

Individuals within that group may be racist, and perhaps even more individuals per capita than a differently colored group, but that in no way makes the GROUP racist.

Hell, there is probably at least one Neo-Nazi in the world who is not racist in the least, and doesn't hate Jews, either…

I think that in general the (White) American is less racist than are those within the (African) American group.

Whereas in places (Country's) outside of the US, Racism seems to be far less pronounced.

I think Blacks should try their hand at the opportunities White men died to give them. If Blacks don't like it we can always go back to selling them like livestock. Their choice.

Rather impossible question to answer.

A better question would be

Which is worse for American society as a whole

White racism towards blacks or Black racism towards whites

don't know-the blacks I know well aren't racists-that's probably why I know them well.

but one thing is for sure-black racism is far more tolerated by the MSM and libs than White Racisim. In fact more than a few lefties will claim blacks cannot be guilty of racism

At this time, I would say black racism towards whites is slightly worse.

My reasoning is, white racism towards blacks is much more well known as a factor, and thus most people dismiss anyone who exhibits it.

Black racism towards whites, however, is less recognized, for various reasons, and thus is more likely in my mind to cause issues.

But my reasoning could be flawed.

At this time, I would say black racism towards whites is slightly worse.

My reasoning is, white racism towards blacks is much more well known as a factor, and thus most people dismiss anyone who exhibits it.

Black racism towards whites, however, is less recognized, for various reasons, and thus is more likely in my mind to cause issues.

But my reasoning could be flawed.

I would say so

I would measure it by impact on society.

If 30% of the Adult black population was racist and 20% of the adult white population was racist, the number of racist whites would outnumber the number of black racists. Overall the number of times blacks would be the subject of a racist incident would be higher then the number of white who would be subject to racist incidents.

For example

Assuming each racist would not hire the target of their racism, the number of blacks that would be prevented from obtaining a job would be quite a bit higher then the number of whites prevented from getting a job.

It all sucks, and all of it damages our society, our culture, and our sense of national unity.

Frankly I think it damages these things when so many insist on making a big deal of their hyphenated-ness, insisting on African-American or Chinese-American or Hispanic-American. We need to just be Americans and otherwise try our darndest to be color-blind.

I try very hard to do what Dr King said, and judge each person by their character and not their skin color... but I do run into a depressingly significant number of black folks who seem to instantly have something against me for being white, and I have to admit that does some psychological damage to my efforts to be blind to race. We've come along way, I sincerely hope we don't end up regressing because of the race-baiters.

I would say so

I would measure it by impact on society.

If 30% of the Adult black population was racist and 20% of the adult white population was racist, the number of racist whites would outnumber the number of black racists. Overall the number of times blacks would be the subject of a racist incident would be higher then the number of white who would be subject to racist incidents.

For example

Assuming each racist would not hire the target of their racism, the number of blacks that would be prevented from obtaining a job would be quite a bit higher then the number of whites prevented from getting a job.
I was viewing it from a more “popular knowledge/public eye” angle.

Using your example, do you not think it more likely that a black person would complain about potential racism, as opposed to a white person?

Most people, I think, can see that the general trend is to acknowledge racism directed towards black persons more often than racism directed towards white persons.

In my experience, far more media attention is paid to white on black racism as opposed to black on white racism.

So a white person, being turned down for a job, thinks it is because they are white.

I would be willing to bet that a higher percentage of whites who are the targets of racism just shrug it off, as opposed to blacks and other minorities.

Thus, my position.

But perhaps there are flaws you can point out in it.

Hell, yeah. It's bred into us, and takes a lot of fight to get that demon out of us.

I agree

Racism is a natural thing.

It is part of being a pack animal, to see others of your pack as being more important then those outside of it.

What changes over time is who you view as being part of your pack.

I agree

Racism is a natural thing.

It is part of being a pack animal, to see others of your pack as being more important then those outside of it.

What changes over time is who you view as being part of your pack.

Damn! You read my mind sometime. You elk hunt, there, Tammerlain?

Damn! You read my mind sometime. You elk hunt, there, Tammerlain?

I havent, but quite a few people I work with do. A couple are very avid hunters and go hunting as much as possible, lamenting the fact they have to wait about 10 years to be able to bag a moose.

One of them bagged one with an impressive number of points on its antlers. He had it mounted in his office for a couple of years.

Last edited:
i don't think so, i get looked down upon by blacks every tuesday, that may be because they're Sudanese and about 6' 24", but they still look down on me :(

i don't think so, i get looked down upon by blacks every tuesday, that may be because they're Sudanese and about 6' 24", but they still look down on me :(

Only on Tuesday?

I would say they are equally bad. Allowing racism from one group, because, "it's not as bad", while condemning abnother group is bull****. The doublestandards within our society that some people seem to agree with are worse than racism could ever be.

They're 8 feet tall?!? :shock:

Black people are more likely to be racist toward whites because it's more accepted and sometimes even encouraged by mainstream culture.

Yes! There are far more white racist which is why peoples of colors are still being held down today in our world. It really does suck.

Black people are more likely to be racist toward whites because it's more accepted and sometimes even encouraged by mainstream culture.

That is crap! Our culture in general is one that is that the rich are suppose to be white and that those of any other skin color are to be held down, profiled, passed over for jobs, denied jobs, not paid as much, etc.

Back
Top Bottom