• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Whites more racist than Blacks?

Does the media cut minorties more slack on race? Are whites more racist than others?

• Total voters
Yes! There are far more white racist which is why peoples of colors are still being held down today in our world. It really does suck.

How are 'peoples of colors' being held down by white people? And, what makes you think that?

How are 'peoples of colors' being held down by white people? And, what makes you think that?

Being turned down for jobs due to race, not making the same as white co-workers (women get this too), being treated unfairly via our justice system. Those are just a few things.

I can tell you right now from living in the south white people are more racist than minorities. When I lived in Oregon we never dared to say the N word. Down here it is common vocabulary as long as a black man is not present.

There's been multiple definitions of racism, so I'll present a specific one for this poll. Racism is basically disliking other people because of their race, choosing specifically to associate or not to associate with people because of their race, or assuming negative things about someone because of their race. Do not confuse racism and social status.

It seems whenever I see some story involving racial slurs or white attacking blacks or blacks attacking whites, there's always a simple pattern. If it's a white person insulting blacks or beating up blacks, its always "hate speech" or "hate crime" or "racial attack." When it's blacks or minorities attacking whites its, "accused of racial remarks" or "possible hate crime" or "possible racial attack".

Question one: Does the media cut minorities more slack on racial issues?
Question two: Are whites more racist than minorities?

Yes, they cut minorities more slack on racial issues.

But who does it more?
I don't know - some minorities I've known have been more open about it but that doesn't mean that whites weren't racist - it just meant that, if they were, they kept it to theirselves.

I do not know.
I think the media does cut some slack, but not much. It was not always this way...
I also think that there is a problem with so many being racist and not owning up to it.

Being turned down for jobs due to race, not making the same as white co-workers (women get this too), being treated unfairly via our justice system. Those are just a few things.

Can you prove folks are being turned down by race or is it just speculation by a bunch of people who cant stop blaming their race for all of their problems and take responsibility for their own actions???

Unfair by the justice system? Dont violate the law and you wont have to deal with it. Otherwise, alot of what it has to deal with is mitigating and aggravating factors in the specific crime someone comitted. You cant just compare white/black, you have to examine the details for each case to make a comparison.

I can tell you right now from living in the south white people are more racist than minorities. When I lived in Oregon we never dared to say the N word. Down here it is common vocabulary as long as a black man is not present.

Its a word.......
Whites say it in the south, whereas whites in Oregon just think it.

What is the difference?

Hidden racism is still racism.

Besides, ignorant hillbillies in the south can use the word Nigger without realizing it since its 2nd nature to them....
Ive seen folks go so far as to say, "Oh yeah, good ole Willie... he is a pretty cool nigger" talking about his black friend, who is no way offended by such a comment.

The same rules cant be applied to some rural areas of the south as to the rest of the "PC" world.

Last edited:
Question one: Does the media cut minorities more slack on racial issues?
Question two: Are whites more racist than minorities?

I would say yes to the first question, non whites do get more slack.

On 2. I would say whites are no more or less racist than minorities

Back
Top Bottom