• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are whites being targeted?

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I doubt it. But the crime stats support that theory more than the theory of targeting blacks.

Given that blacks commit a mind blowing 5 times more murders, yet are only killed in dangerous encounters with cops at about 3 times the rate of whites. It certainly appears cops are either targeting whites more, or, being extra careful when confronted with blacks not to make a bad kill (because of fear of being labeled racist killer if they make a mistake).
The second theory makes more sense. Despite a few exceptions, it looks like cops are going the extra mile to avoid killing blacks, while not being as careful with whites, resulting in an out of proportion killing of more whites.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

I doubt it. But the crime stats support that theory more than the theory of targeting blacks.

Given that blacks commit a mind blowing 5 times more murders, yet are only killed in dangerous encounters with cops at about 3 times the rate of whites. It certainly appears cops are either targeting whites more, or, being extra careful when confronted with blacks not to make a bad kill (because of fear of being labeled racist killer if they make a mistake).
The second theory makes more sense. Despite a few exceptions, it looks like cops are going the extra mile to avoid killing blacks, while not being as careful with whites, resulting in an out of proportion killing of more whites.

According to the Trump Doctrine, white are indeed the victims of everything in this country.

It's the core tennet.

Never heard him say that. But the stats I posted are what they are, facts.
According to the Trump Doctrine, white are indeed the victims of everything in this country.

It's the core tennet.

Take Trump's word, white men who never went to college have been the victims of the black's advances... it has nothing to do with the fact that they never went to college and led failed lives.

Stats may be factual, but how they are presented can be misleading. My dad's best example:

Russia and the US hold a competition. Russia loses. Russian newspaper headlines read, "Russia places 2nd, US comes in next to last."

Factual, but highly misleading.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

Certainly sounds like facts. At least this would be the cries from the left if the numbers were reversed. The left has taken a few incidents involving police and black men and made a campaign out of it. They have ignored cops shooting whites, black cops shooting blacks, black on black crime in the inner cities, to play on the worst case scenario they can and use it to enflame the nation. When you look at it they depend on a portion of the facts and not the entire picture. This depends on thinking the American people are too stupid to see this manipulation of the facts, all the facts.

:inandout:

It's the core tennet.

I blame it on the lack of representation of the European culture in our movies, TV, and written works.

I doubt it.

Hey Genius,

Whites outnumber black people by a ration of 7-1. That means if victims were being chosen at random you'd expect 7 white victims for every 1 African American.

The bottom line is that white people are generally indifferent to the fact that police shoot and kill white suspects and black people are not indifferent to police shooting and killing black suspects.

Take Trump's word, white men who never went to college have been the victims of the black's advances... it has nothing to do with the fact that they never went to college and led failed lives.

Link?

Stats may be factual, but how they are presented can be misleading. My dad's best example:

Russia and the US hold a competition. Russia loses. Russian newspaper headlines read, "Russia places 2nd, US comes in next to last."

Factual, but highly misleading.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

Yea, but you need some kind of reasoning as to why I might be misusing them.

I think the assumptions built in to my theory are normal and reasonable. And to be expected n large numbers.

In other words, if group x commits much more violent crime, it’s reasonable to assume Many more violent encounters with cops, resulting in many more deaths. And the numbers would be close to proportionate.

If you disagree with such an obvious assumption, I think the burden would be upon you to explain why.

Last edited:

You look it up. I don't support statements of common knowledge with links, there is no need.

The failed uneducated white man is the only demographic Trump leads Biden in.

Certainly sounds like facts. At least this would be the cries from the left if the numbers were reversed. The left has taken a few incidents involving police and black men and made a campaign out of it. They have ignored cops shooting whites, black cops shooting blacks, black on black crime in the inner cities, to play on the worst case scenario they can and use it to enflame the nation. When you look at it they depend on a portion of the facts and not the entire picture. This depends on thinking the American people are too stupid to see this manipulation of the facts, all the facts.

Agreed, it bothers me more conservatives are not speaking about the actual numbers and data. Facts matter.

Usually all I hear from conservatives is they counter with black on black crime. Yes, that is s good point, but they need to dig deeper and show how this narrative is bogus.

Last edited:

Is per capita really that difficult of a concept?

Hey Genius,

Whites outnumber black people by a ration of 7-1. That means if victims were being chosen at random you'd expect 7 white victims for every 1 African American.

You are assuming cops randomly killing people, yes’m if they did thst we would expect a 7 to 1 ratio.

The vast vast vast majority of killings by cops happen to a person being violent.

So thus the use of murder rates between the two groups as a proxy for “violent person”.

Obviously cops are going to be confronting violent blacks at a vastly higher rate than violent whites. And my analysis shows what we should reasonably expect given this situation.

Is per capita really that difficult of a concept?

You tell me, you appear not to realize that a “rate” has been adjusted for population, thus it’s on a per capita.

You are wrong about everything. Democrats know a lot more about racial injustice than Republicans will ever give them credit for They never say "if the numbers were reversed" because all the facts matter a lot to them.

Have you ever heard of all-black neighborhoods where everything is cheap and in bad condition because they have very little money? Those can be high-crime areas. The people are more likely to be uneducated and unemployed. Helping them live the same way any white person can should reduce the number of black-on-black personal and violent crimes.

You are wrong about everything. Democrats know a lot more about racial injustice than Republicans will ever give them credit for They never say "if the numbers were reversed" because all the facts matter a lot to them.

Have you ever heard of all-black neighborhoods where everything is cheap and in bad condition because they have very little money? Those can be high-crime areas. The people are more likely to be uneducated and unemployed. Helping them live the same way any white person can should reduce the number of black-on-black personal and violent crimes.

If facts matter, then do you acknowledge the facts and reasoning of the OP??

You look it up. I don't support statements of common knowledge with links, there is no need.

The failed uneducated white man is the only demographic Trump leads Biden in.

It is not common knowledge if all you say is, "It has nothing to do with . . ." in your sentence.

Agreed, it bothers me more conservatives are not speaking about the actual numbers and data. Facts matter.

Usually all I hear from conservatives is they counter with black on black crime. Yes, that is s good point, but they need to dig deeper and show how this narrative is bogus.

So you can’t imagine why more conservatives who would be inclined to agree with you remain “silent’ on your #TRueFacts?

Huh. I wonder what could account for that lack of support for this particular theory.

So you can’t imagine why more conservatives who would be inclined to agree with you remain “silent’ on your #TRueFacts?

Huh. I wonder what could account for that lack of support for this particular theory.

Fear of being falsely labeled racist drives many.

What if they feel the word “falsely’ is misplaced? How can you possibly know?

Because the theory is obviously not racist, and is obviously a very rational one given the data.

You are invited to engage the OP reasoning.

Because the theory is obviously not racist, and is obviously a very rational one given the data.

You are invited to engage the OP reasoning.

So they’re just afraid of being called racist despite the overwhelmingness of your data.

Wow. Conservatives are complete chicken****s.

Back
Top Bottom