• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are White People an oppressed minority?

Are White People an oppressed minority in America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Are White People an oppressed minority in America?

Pleeeeeeeeeeease “oppressed minority?” **** no.

Do you mean the United States of America, North America, South America or both North and South America combined?

Do you mean the United States of America, North America, South America or both North and South America combined?

Assume the answer is "yes".
Do you believe white people are an "oppressed minority" in any of those places?

I don't believe whites are an oppressed minority anywhere in the world.
In countries where they're a minority, they're a ruling minority.

Assume the answer is "yes".
Do you believe white people are an "oppressed minority" in any of those places?

In some parts of Central and South America they are the minority. I couldn't say for sure about oppression, though, so it would be "dunno". If it's the U or just North America, I'd say "no".

I don't believe whites are an oppressed minority anywhere in the world.
In countries where they're a minority, they're a ruling minority.

There's a minority of whites in almost every non-majority white country, which disproves that statement.

In some parts of Central and South America they are the minority. I couldn't say for sure about oppression, though, so it would be "dunno". If it's the U or just North America, I'd say "no".

You can't say whether or not you think they're oppressed?
Seriously? You just "dunno"?
Do you think there any possibility they might be an oppressed minority?
Have you ever heard of whites being an oppressed minority in a majority non-white country?

no.jpg

You can't say whether or not you think they're oppressed?
Seriously? You just "dunno"?
Do you think there any possibility they might be an oppressed minority?
Have you ever heard of whites being an oppressed minority in a majority non-white country?

I can't make the claim that they aren't simply because I haven't heard of it.

I don't know much about Guyanan culture, for example, for me to venture a guess in any dirrection.

I can't make the claim that they aren't simply because I haven't heard of it.

I don't know much about Guyanan culture, for example, for me to venture a guess in any dirrection.

Well, since whites basically rule the world, wouldn't it make sense that if whites were being oppressed in some non-white country, they'd simply call- loudly- for other whites to come rescue them, either by invading said country and beating the non-white oppressors into submission or else by removing the oppressed white victims and bringing them out of the clutches of their swarthy oppressors and into the broader, white-ruled world?

It depends on ones perspective really. I would have to say yes in some regards and no in others.

I do know that a single white male of age 24 has a harder time of getting health coverage through welfare than a single white female of the same age. I know because it happened to me many years ago. I also know that there are lots of grants and scholarships dedicated to someone of color or being female and yet a white male has no scholorships or grants dedicated to white males. I know that there were once some politicians that were discussing how some money was being spent and when one of the white politicians said that it was "all going down a blackhole" the black guy that was in there started hollering that the guy was racist. So basically a white person can't say pretty much anything now adays without being considered a racist.

I could probably come up with many more examples. But what good would it do?

No, but give it a few years until whites actually are a minority numerically. I LMAO over those whites who bitterly decry Affirmative Action now, not realizing that their white kids will be the minority 30 years from now.

Regards from Rosie

No, but give it a few years until whites actually are a minority numerically. I LMAO over those whites who bitterly decry Affirmative Action now, not realizing that their white kids will be the minority 30 years from now.

Regards from Rosie

So you think Black and Hispanic people will practice racial discrimination?

Of course not. Cries of "oppression against whites" are usually actually in response to the threatening of white dominance through egalitarian means.

I'd say they are the oppressed majority in America. Affirmative actions and PC policies are oppressive against whites.

I'd say they are the oppressed majority in America. Affirmative actions and PC policies are oppressive against whites.

Though I disagree with AA and most PC bull****, they are not oppressive, whites are not denied anything based on their race.

Though I disagree with AA and most PC bull****, they are not oppressive, whites are not denied anything based on their race.

Sometimes they are denied jobs due to Affirmative Action and racial quotes. There are also school scholarships that are denied to whites and set up only for minority students.

Not sure that I would use the word oppressed. I would say disadvantaged. Someone earlier mentioned special advantages for minorities during college selection. There is also a set aside for government spending that tilts the playing field to minority businesses. We know that much of the housing mess was due to lowering of credit scores, down payments etc. The goal was to increase home ownership. Everyone is paying for that mess.

As you heard in the post from the person in Florida, I would expect the situation to worsen here. We have a president that laments the greed of wall street, but seems fine will rappers and ball players that make several times what the head of the best financial organisation in the world made last year.

Wow white people can't say the N word in public without getting jumped or get minority scholarships. Such an injustice

Generally, no. However, that gives little to no excuse for conduct that is contrary to decent behavior. Statistical minorities are guilty of this as well as those who are in the majority.

Back
Top Bottom