• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are White People an oppressed minority?

Are White People an oppressed minority in America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In America, if you're in a position of power in government or a company, chances are 9 out of 10 times you're going to be white. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that but admitting it never hurt anyone.

that's due in part because if you are an american chances are 9 out of 10 times you are white. blacks make up about 12% of the ****ing population, in a "fair" world they should statistically hold about 12% of the positions of power. Anyone with loads of spare time out there want to take a look at congress and calculate the % of black congressmen/women?

I don't think whites are oppressed, but I do think that there are situations and times where being white is a disadvantage. That and we seem to get blamed for an awful lot of crap that really isn't our fault.

No....

White people born in developed countries have every advantage in the world.

Anyone, black or white, born in developed countries have every advantage in the world. Don't blame whitey because "some" people are too lazy, unmotivated, whatever to avail themselves of this opportunity.

In the US there are all kinds of govt job/education/training programs available to minorities.

Anyone, black or white, born in developed countries have every advantage in the world. Don't blame whitey because "some" people are too lazy, unmotivated, whatever to avail themselves of this opportunity.

In the US there are all kinds of govt job/education/training programs available to minorities.

I'll ignore your quasi-racism on the basis of "it's not your fault."

For a learning experience, go to a predominately black community, such as Gary, Indiana, and tell me what you see. Then, go to a predominately white community, such as Chesterton, Indiana, and tell me what you see.

I'll ignore your quasi-racism on the basis of "it's not your fault."

since when is stating the truth racism? :shrug:

For a learning experience, go to a predominately black community, such as Gary, Indiana, and tell me what you see. Then, go to a predominately white community, such as Chesterton, Indiana, and tell me what you see.

do you really want to go there???

There is no way to possibly accurately describe the difference without some libtard accusing me of being a racist.

blacks have the same opportunity as whites when it comes to education. they probably have an advantage because many places have lower entrance requirements for minorities and most places offer minority scholarships.

Anyone who wants to succeed in this country has the opportunity.

since when is stating the truth racism? :shrug:

You stated that the reason "non-whites" are less successful as a whole is because they are lazy and unmotivated.

do you really want to go there???

There is no way to possibly accurately describe the difference without some libtard accusing me of being a racist.

blacks have the same opportunity as whites when it comes to education. they probably have an advantage because many places have lower entrance requirements for minorities and most places offer minority scholarships.

Anyone who wants to succeed in this country has the opportunity.

Then do your best to explain to me the unemployment situation in the US. Why is the black unemployment rate @ 17% in the US? Laziness?:lamo

edit: Lower entrance examines gives you an advantage. I guess MIT has got it all wrong.

Last edited:
Look at the rate of white CEOs, white white(no repeat) collar workers, white-black income disparities etc. Whites do far better than blacks in all of these. Whites outnumber blacks in congress, senate etc. I mean it took 44 presidents to have a single black president. Even after we were supposedly equal not a single party decided to give the ticket to a 'competent' black person for POTUS for nearly 50 years. In America, if you're in a position of power in government or a company, chances are 9 out of 10 times you're going to be white. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that but admitting it never hurt anyone.

Does this mean they are oppressed? No. Are blacks paid less based on race? No. I could make a counter example and point out all the black athletes that make millions. There is a disproportionate amount of black people on sports teams (especially the NFL and NBA). How many black people have run for president? Just one. If we really want to scrutinize, we could say blacks have a 100% success rate when it comes to presidential elections. How can an oppressed minority group be elected by the populace to the most powerful position in our country?

Are Asians a privileged majority? They make more than whites (and everyone else).

When you have the likes of this idiot mouthing off to his devotees it foments the type of question asked in the poll:

On the April 2 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Glenn Beck claimed that "[c]onservatives get no respect" and asserted that he "can't win" because he is "American[]," "white," "Christian," and "conservative." He said: "f you are a white human that loves America and happens to be a Christian, forget about it, Jack. You are the only one that doesn't have a political action committee for you." He also said: "I mean, I was talking about it with my family yesterday. I said, 'I'm tired of being the least popular person in the world,' " adding, "We're Americans. Nobody likes Americans. We're Americans, so the world hates us. But then inside of America, we love America -- and that's becoming more and more unpopular." Beck also said that being "Christian[]" is "not popular anymore" and went on to say, "I've got to find one thing that I agree with the rest of the world on, I guess. I'm tired of being in that group."

Beck on being a white Christian who "loves America": "I just can't win" | Media Matters for America

Glenn BecKKK. Singing the siren's song to the far right day and night. First Amendment rights in action; the ugly side.

You stated that the reason "non-whites" are less successful as a whole is because they are lazy and unmotivated.

incorrect. I stated, don't blame me for you not taking advantage of opportunity. sad that some race baiting tards have to look for racism in everything.

Then do your best to explain to me the unemployment situation in the US. Why is the black unemployment rate @ 17% in the US? Laziness?:lamo

you have any proof to show otherwise?

edit: Lower entrance examines gives you an advantage. I guess MIT has got it all wrong.

how does it not?

assume two kids apply to the same college. one white, one minority they both have the same SAT/ACT/whatever scores. but because the entrance requirement for minorities is lower, the minority kid gets accepted and the white kid gets turned away.

can you honestly tell me that isn't an advantage?

You know, I could have sworn he said unsuccessful people are lazy and unmotivated.

No, he stated:
Don't blame whitey because "some" people are too lazy, unmotivated, whatever to avail themselves of this opportunity.

That's not true. There have been multiple black people who have run for president. Only one made it past the primary stages.

I stand corrected. However, were they denied the position based on race?

incorrect. I stated, don't blame me for you not taking advantage of opportunity. sad that some race baiting tards have to look for racism in everything.

I'm a "tard" now because i called you out? Interesting....

you have any proof to show otherwise?

Are you saying i am simply making this statistic up?

how does it not?

assume two kids apply to the same college. one white, one minority they both have the same SAT/ACT/whatever scores. but because the entrance requirement for minorities is lower, the minority kid gets accepted and the white kid gets turned away.

can you honestly tell me that isn't an advantage?

This doesn't even make sense. You are stating that the white kid does not meet the minimum entrance requirements (regardless of his non white counterpart).

So where's the reference to non whites?

He implied non whites by stating, don't blame whitey. Unless white people blame other white people for their perceived disadvantages.

I'm a "tard" now because i called you out? Interesting....

that's not why

Are you saying i am simply making this statistic up?

I don't dispute the statistic, just your implication that it is due to racism instead of a failing among blacks themselves.

This doesn't even make sense. You are stating that the white kid does not meet the minimum entrance requirements (regardless of his non white counterpart).

yeah, the white kid doesn't meet the entrance requirement because his requirement is HIGHER than the black kid.

How ****ing hard is that to understand?

If you and I take a test and I must score 80% to pass but you only have to score 60% to pass. Does that not give you an advantage?

that's not why

So you do admit to making a personal attack. Interesting.

I don't dispute the statistic, just your implication that it is due to racism instead of a failing among blacks themselves.

I asked you a question, and instead of answering, you assume my position. This is probably because you do not understand what unemployment is.

yeah, the white kid doesn't meet the entrance requirement because his requirement is HIGHER than the black kid.

How ****ing hard is that to understand?

If you and I take a test and I must score 80% to pass but you only have to score 60% to pass. Does that not give you an advantage?

An advantage for what? Future underachievement? To believe that an advantage equates to lower expectations is to remove its meaning. Good day....

I'll start believing white men are being oppressed in the U.S. when the first class cabin of the planes I fly in starts being dominated by people of color and women. White men tend to control the upper echelons of finance, business, government, the military, criminal justice, and the university systems, in the U.S. at least.

For starters, blacks are far less likely to graduate from high school than whites. Educational attainment makes a huge difference in employment success.

http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=16

Black males also offend criminally at a higher rate than white males.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

(and males offend many times more than females in violent crimes).

By percentage, there are more black gang members than white gang members.

gangChart_ethnicitygangmembers.jpg

Black youths are also more likely to come from a single parent home than white youths.

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/acrossstates/Rankings.aspx?ind=107

All of these factors have an impact on employment rates.

Last edited:
So you do admit to making a personal attack. Interesting.

reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. I have admitted to nothing. You, on the other hand, have repeatedly implied that I am a racist. so before you squeal "personal attack" take a good long look in the mirror.

I asked you a question, and instead of answering, you assume my position. This is probably because you do not understand what unemployment is.

now you are just talking gibberish. it really is quite simple. The black unemployment rate is 17%. why??? I assume it is due to some failing among blacks. you think I am incorrect. So, give me some proof that the black unemployment rate is higher due to some factor beyond their control.

An advantage for what? Future underachievement? To believe that an advantage equates to lower expectations is to remove its meaning. Good day....

yeah, which is why all these affirmative action programs are bull****. but it does give minorities OPPORTUNITY (which was what this about ). What they choose to make of that opportunity is up to them.

I find it strange that weve had equal rights and representation for a couple decades now, yet after centuries of racism some people seem to think that it has stopped in the last 20 years. The battle against institutional racism has been pretty much ideologically won. Im glad for it.

I find it strange that weve had equal rights and representation for a couple decades now, yet after centuries of racism some people seem to think that it has stopped in the last 20 years. The battle against institutional racism has been pretty much ideologically won. Im glad for it.

Most racism these days is under the table and whispered in private. Its still very much around though.

Im not even sure about that, I feel like racism is mostly inadvertent. And that whispered racisms are limited to a small amount of people.
The trick about racism nowadays is people dont realise that the things they think are implicitly racist.

Im not even sure about that, I feel like racism is mostly inadvertent. And that whispered racisms are limited to a small amount of people.
The trick about racism nowadays is people dont realise that the things they think are implicitly racist.

The problem ultimately comes from people going "black people do this" or "white people do that" and other categorization based on race when we should be looking at other social factors. Sometimes categorization among racial lines is appropriate when the issue lends itself to that categorization, but only then.

Generally, the under the table racism these days is when people have expectations placed on you because of your race. For example, asians are better at math would be inappropriate when their are cultural and social explanations for that difference in ability. It is lazy to simply assume that it is because of race and that is where racism starts.

Back
Top Bottom