• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are white American males hurting more than contributing, since mid April, 1865, and everyone else, the antitdote?

Has Trump Cemented, Unless the SCOTUS seats are increased, white males doing more harm than good?

• Yes confirned by the majority voting choices of white males and Trump's many judicial appointments

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, in addition to answer above, the violent backlash of receding white male power is terror threat

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No, white male majority voting choices are the best solution for the problems facing all Americans

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In the post middle ages era, the latter half of the 15th century to the 1870s were devoted to wresting the western hemisphere from the indigenous populations by force, primitive and largely bio-warefare, exploiting local divisions, bribery, and by subterfuge; breaking treaties, failure to enforce the law, in the example of the Cherokees. Exploiting local division was not exclusive to the western hemisphere, the result of it on the African continent was a steady supply of "product" for a slave trade that flourished internationally on North American demand for two centuries, ending in the early 19th. All of these offenses were sanctioned, even encouraged by christian beliefs, goals, leadership.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world has not exactly been a model of inclusion, as far as gender and racial equality or respect of indigenous inhabitants not considered civilized.

The dominant white males of the British Colonies did, in control from July, 1776 until April, 1865 achieve unprecedented accomplishments we are both preserved and constrained by, today. In those 89 years, they drafted an historic and enlightened Declaration of Independence, fought successfully against the world's most powerful military, twice between 1776 and 1815, and drafted an historic and enduring compromise, the Constitution of the U.S., and its model protections against government abuses enshrined in its Amendments, and then fought a bloody civil war to correct a defective compromise, slavery, but a bad compromise, along with the senate small states representation, that nonetheless had made that Constitution and the Union, possible in the first place. Slavery was abolished, Lincoln was murdered by those who objected, and the present 155 year ordeal of "more negative than positive", white American male dominance began.

A saving grace, if there is one, is the ability of some white males to not feel too defensive to avoid being self aware, introspective, empathetic, conciliatory, and willing to admit that, by their commitment to keeping everyone else down, cutting off paths and opportunities for everyone else to achieve their full potential, a slight majority of the population was prevented from voting until 1920, and it wasn't given to them even then, they demanded that right, and seized it, with considerable support of less defensive, empathetic, white males.

The U.S. proceeds now into a period of "hissy fit" promising to be much longer, more intense, violent, and damaging to the interests of the whole country, than was showcased by birther movement, as it is looking more and more likely the white male majority is about to be stripped, by the voting majority of political power at a level it may never possess again, that has been wielded malignantly selfishly.

Trump's judicial appointments reflect a serious lack of ...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...d-judiciary-lack-diversity-column/5357852002/
Jul 3, 2020 None of his 53 confirmed appeals court judges is Black. Not a single one. That makes Donald Trump the first president since Richard Nixon to go a full first term without selecting a Black nominee ...

All three SCOTUS nominees are white Roman Catholics and the most recent, although a woman, is expected to support the interests of white christian males, at the dramatic expense of everyone else, including herself!

The gender gap probably deserves another name.
By Michael Sokolove
  • Oct. 23, 2020
    "If we look more closely at it, the gender gap probably deserves another name: It’s the white male gap. Or the white male problem.

Think about what the political map would look like if just white men voted.

We’d have a Senator Roy Moore representing Alabama, where 72 percent of the state’s white male voters (and 63 percent of the white women) cast their ballot for a man who was accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl — and who faced sexual misconduct allegations from multiple other women related to incidents they said occurred when they were underage. (He has denied the accusations.)

We’d likely have a Senator David Duke from Louisiana. The entire U.S. Senate would look far different — with Democratic senators from just a handful of the bluest states. And there would never have been a President Barack Obama...."

Last edited:
This country exists because of white males. Your welcome for modern western civilization.

I structured the OP to discourage such a shallow, selfish, unempathetic response. Your opinion does not counter anything in my OP.
I gave credit where it was due. The problem now, is the voting preferences and politics of the majority of white male voters are in no other group's best interests. They are toxic, counterproductive and impede the career aspirations and social advancement of the majority of those who will lead US business and government in the future, everyone other than white males. That roadblock and associated protest is beneficial to no one, not even to white males.

I structured the OP to discourage such a shallow, selfish, unempathetic response. Your opinion does not counter anything in my OP.
I gave credit where it was due. The problem is now, is the voting preferences and politics of the majority of white male voters are in no other group's best interests. They are toxic, counterproductive and impede the career aspirations and social advancement of the majority of those who will lead US business and government in the future, everyone other than white males. That roadblock and associated protest is beneficial to no one, not even to white males.
The lessening presence of Europeans broadly in America is beneficial to no one. Quality of life is going to steadily decrease as the country becomes more and more ethnically and socially fractured. Contemporary progressive liberalism is going to be a failed project unless there is a reaction (which will be majority white male) against it and even if that does happen, it probably wouldn't be enough.

It'll be kind of weird when, in the future, there are no more white males to oppress anyone and yet all of these people you mention still live in squalor. I wonder if these people will have the self-awareness to look inward and actually properly diagnose the problem.

Probably not.

I choose the OP's last option.

IMHO, the future of this country depends on the Euro American male continuing to have the major voice in the governing of cities, states, & the nation.

IMHO. the Euro American male is the impartial referee, so to speak. He sees to it that every ethnicity gets a fair share of the American pie.

Without the Euro American male as the neutral referee, it is probable that there will be some unpleasantness between the other ethnicities when it comes to sharing power in the coming decades.

You say that like western civilization is a good thing.
I mean ever since the enlightenment it was seriously off the rails. Back during the medieval feudal structure of state imposed theocracy under a monarchical system, it was far better

I mean ever since the enlightenment it was seriously off the rails. Back during the medieval feudal structure of state imposed theocracy under a monarchical system, it was far better

Only depending who’s vagina issued you!

I choose the OP's last option.

IMHO, the future of this country depends on the Euro American male continuing to have the major voice in the governing of cities, states, & the nation.

IMHO. the Euro American male is the impartial referee, so to speak. He sees to it that every ethnicity gets a fair share of the American pie.

Without the Euro American male as the neutral referee, it is probable that there will be some unpleasantness between the other ethnicities when it comes to sharing power in the coming decades.

What you really mean is the Northwestern Euro male. What “he” feels is their “fair share....”

*snip in the name of brevity* Also word count limit.
Nurture is far more impactful than nature.
Our environment shapes us.

I think that, given the same situation, options, background, and history, anyone of any skin color would have similar results.

Everything started going for a shit with the beginning of agriculture. Agriculture made two things possible, people could live crowded together in cities (what 'civilization' means) and we can create a surplus, and all the problems of mankind ever since come from two questions- who will rule the city and who will control the surplus.
People who live primitively, hunter-gatherers, are in a state of innocence, in the Garden of Eden. After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit they left the Garden, meaning they became agriculturalists. Cain was a planter and Able a herder. That's what the story, the creation myth in the Bible, means.
Bringing civilization to primitive people is no favour to them. It ruins their lives, pulls them out of the state of innocence. Evicts them from the Garden.

This country exists because of white males. Your welcome for modern western civilization.

43 white christian male POTUS, after 219 years, finally a 44th of other racial make up, and after 45 POTUS and 222 years, still not a single woman elected to that high position, and only one even a contender.

It seems counter productive to argue that the white christian male majority have not, and will not continue to attempt to block any diversity they can manage to block from achieving equitable aspirations. Consider the description of Trump's appeals court and SCOTUS nominations in this thread's OP.

Two blacks have had the privilege of serving on the SCOTUS, and one is an oreo.

"In 1987, Marshall gave a controversial speech on the occasion of the bicentennial celebrations of the Constitution of the United States.[27] Marshall stated:
... the government they devised was defective from the start, requiring several amendments, a civil war and major social transformation to attain the system of constitutional government, and its respect for the individual freedoms and human rights, we hold as fundamental today.[28][29]
In conclusion, Marshall stated:
Some may more quietly commemorate the suffering, struggle, and sacrifice that has triumphed over much of what was wrong with the original document, and observe the anniversary with hopes not realized and promises not fulfilled. I plan to celebrate the bicentennial of the Constitution as a living document, including the Bill of Rights and other amendments protecting individual freedoms and human rights.[29]"

Last edited:
Everything started going for a shit with the beginning of agriculture. Agriculture made two things possible, people could live crowded together in cities (what 'civilization' means) and we can create a surplus, and all the problems of mankind ever since come from two questions- who will rule the city and who will control the surplus.
People who live primitively, hunter-gatherers, are in a state of innocence, in the Garden of Eden. After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit they left the Garden, meaning they became agriculturalists. Cain was a planter and Able a herder. That's what the story, the creation myth in the Bible, means.
Bringing civilization to primitive people is no favour to them. It ruins their lives, pulls them out of the state of innocence. Evicts them from the Garden.

Isn’t bringing civilization (conversion to a given religion) to primitive people (non-believers) the primary mission of the church (organized religion)?

In first with Godwin!

Nazi Germany existed because of white males. You're welcome for modern western civilization. :rolleyes:

That MWC hasnt been all that great for women or minorities...just mostly white males...which is kinda the point. In general, according to FBI stats, 89% of all violent crime is committed by males. Wars: started by males. Horrific punitive religions: started by and run by males to control everyone else, esp. women.

And once given the chance/opportunities, women and minorities have contributed as much to society, inventions, science, etc etc.

In first with Godwin!

Nazi Germany existed because of white males. You're welcome for modern western civilization. :rolleyes:

That MWC hasnt been all that great for women or minorities...just mostly white males...which is kinda the point. In general, according to FBI stats, 89% of all violent crime is committed by males. Wars: started by males. Horrific punitive religions: started by and run by males to control everyone else, esp. women.

And once given the chance/opportunities, women and minorities have contributed as much to society, inventions, science, etc etc.

Spokespersons for the huge majority of white males, and white women who went along with them, should take that empty chair at the Thanksgiving tables of 150,000 or so bereaved families to pitch their argument that they voted for white male christian Trump "to protect the country" from the certainty of the ravages to it, at the hands of that serial email server criminal, Hillary Clinton!

From an interview with CBS's Leslie Stahl, just a week ago.:

"..Lesley Stahl: Can you characterize your supporters?

President Donald Trump: Yeah, I think I can. People that love our country. More than anything else and they like to see our country thrive.

Lesley Stahl: But do you think that when you hold rallies and encourage people to say, "Lock her up," the way you---

President Donald Trump: I don't encourage them. They say it.

Lesley Stahl: And you enjoy it-- You don't say, "Don't do that--"

President Donald Trump: Hillary Clinton, let-- let me just tell you-- Hillary Clinton deleted, she deleted 33,000 emails after she got a subpoena from the United States Congress.

Lesley Stahl: But why is this still an issue? Why do people, they're not gonna vote on that--

President Donald Trump: I think it's an issue. To me it's an issue.

Lesley Stahl: She ran last time.

President Donald Trump: Excuse me. When they say "Lock her up," it's not me. They say it. It starts, it-- it ends up being--

Lesley Stahl: You encourage it.

President Donald Trump: I don't encourage it..."

Last edited:
Isn’t bringing civilization (conversion to a given religion) to primitive people (non-believers) the primary mission of the church (organized religion)?
Christian church's, maybe, and Muslim, some of them and certain cults. Judaism, not so much or eastern religions.

Spokespersons for the huge majority of white males, and white women who went along with them, should take that empty chair at the Thanksgiving tables of 150,000 or so bereaved families to pitch their argument that they voted for white male christian Trump "to protect the country" from the certainty of the ravages to it, at the hands of that serial email server criminal, Hillary Clinton!
TL;dr

The core premise of this thread.:
The transition from the practice of genocide in locales such as the island called Hispanola and the pre-colonial, North American mainland populations, to the manner in which the white male majority operates more recently to kill the potential of all non-white males to achieve their full potential, and thus, to expand their influence.

https://duckduckgo.com u.s. vetoes wto

50552361358_2a5c33b43d_b.jpg

Okonjo-Iweala suggested as new WTO chief, but US vetoes
POLITICO|3 days ago
The United States said, however, it could not support the candidacy of Okonjo-Iweala and said it would continue to back the South Korean candidate Yoo Myung-hee. Walker and his colleagues have finished a long process of consultations,

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngozi_Okonjo-Iweala
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (born 13 June 1954) is a Nigerian-born economist and international development expert.She sits on the Boards of Standard Chartered Bank, Twitter, Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI), and the African Risk Capacity (ARC).. Previously, Okonjo-Iweala spent a 25-year career at the World Bank as a development economist, scaling the ranks to the Number 2 position

The reaction to this poll thread has influenced me to author an associated new poll thread asking, Compared to prior political leadership, did Lincoln, Huey Long, JFK, and Obama seem like "Time Travelers"?

I can't believe I have to stay on your side for 3 more days.

In the post middle ages era, the latter half of the 15th century to the 1870s were devoted to wresting the western hemisphere from the indigenous populations by force, primitive and largely bio-warefare, exploiting local divisions, bribery, and by subterfuge; breaking treaties, failure to enforce the law, in the example of the Cherokees. Exploiting local division was not exclusive to the western hemisphere, the result of it on the African continent was a steady supply of "product" for a slave trade that flourished internationally on North American demand for two centuries, ending in the early 19th. All of these offenses were sanctioned, even encouraged by christian beliefs, goals, leadership.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world has not exactly been a model of inclusion, as far as gender and racial equality or respect of indigenous inhabitants not considered civilized.

The dominant white males of the British Colonies did, in control from July, 1776 until April, 1865 achieve unprecedented accomplishments we are both preserved and constrained by, today. In those 89 years, they drafted an historic and enlightened Declaration of Independence, fought successfully against the world's most powerful military, twice between 1776 and 1815, and drafted an historic and enduring compromise, the Constitution of the U.S., and its model protections against government abuses enshrined in its Amendments, and then fought a bloody civil war to correct a defective compromise, slavery, but a bad compromise, along with the senate small states representation, that nonetheless had made that Constitution and the Union, possible in the first place. Slavery was abolished, Lincoln was murdered by those who objected, and the present 155 year ordeal of "more negative than positive", white American male dominance began.

The U.S. proceeds now into a period of "hissy fit" promising to be much longer, more intense, violent, and damaging to the interests of the whole country, than was showcased by birther movement, as it is looking more and more likely the white male majority is about to be stripped, by the voting majority of political power at a level it may never possess again, that has been wielded malignantly selfishly.

Trump's judicial appointments reflect a serious lack of ...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...d-judiciary-lack-diversity-column/5357852002/
Jul 3, 2020 None of his 53 confirmed appeals court judges is Black. Not a single one. That makes Donald Trump the first president since Richard Nixon to go a full first term without selecting a Black nominee ...

All three SCOTUS nominees are white Roman Catholics and the most recent, although a woman, is expected to support the interests of white christian males, at the dramatic expense of everyone else, including herself!

The gender gap probably deserves another name.
By Michael Sokolove
  • Oct. 23, 2020
    "If we look more closely at it, the gender gap probably deserves another name: It’s the white male gap. Or the white male problem.

Think about what the political map would look like if just white men voted.

We’d have a Senator Roy Moore representing Alabama, where 72 percent of the state’s white male voters (and 63 percent of the white women) cast their ballot for a man who was accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl — and who faced sexual misconduct allegations from multiple other women related to incidents they said occurred when they were underage. (He has denied the accusations.)

We’d likely have a Senator David Duke from Louisiana. The entire U.S. Senate would look far different — with Democratic senators from just a handful of the bluest states. And there would never have been a President Barack Obama...."
What a crock of Malarky. Do you want to talk about who is burning up American cities, looting stores in those cities, throwing projectiles and fire bombs at police, assaulting old people on the street?

We are forced to choose between 2 old white males.

BTW, I opted for a young black male.

I gave credit where it was due. The problem now, is the voting preferences and politics of the majority of white male voters are in no other group's best interests. They are toxic, counterproductive and impede the career aspirations and social advancement of the majority of those who will lead US business and government in the future, everyone other than white males. That roadblock and associated protest is beneficial to no one, not even to white males.
Your opinion is not supported with detailed examples that show this as fact. You omit a considerable amount of history in your diatribe. The few brief generalizations you supply omit thousands of years of history that contribute to the current state of affairs. Not the least of your omission is that the very things you opine on were and are the standard in almost all, if not all, of the countries on the earth today. More civilized and more advanced technological societies fashioned the political and socioeconomic foundations that dictated the course of history. .

Back
Top Bottom