• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are we witnessing the beginning of the implosion of the Trump political juggernaut?

Are we witnessing the beginning of the implosion of the Trump political juggernaut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Are we witnessing the beginning of the implosion of the Trump political juggernau

This man won't be swept into the WH by the 15 million people who voted for him already. He needs to convince dozens of millions of Republicans and Independents to vote for him. Domination of someone who was the right hand person to a 2 term President and who was a Senator, lawyer and Secretary of State isn't going to happen. Nobody wants a bully in office.

He beat the "GOP machine."
I'm undecided if he will win at this point.

It's funny to see so many convinced though.
The same that were convinced that he wouldn't be the GOP nom.

Re: Are we witnessing the beginning of the implosion of the Trump political juggernau

I can agree to that.
We haven't even got to the debates yet.

Honestly, I see Hillary getting solidly whooped.
Not because Trump is honest, with a better platform, but because he knows how to dominate.
Boy, isn't that going to be interesting?

On the one hand, I don't hold much value in the way we do "debates" these days to begin with, but they are kind of obligational.

On the other hand, in this case, I wouldn't blame Hillary if she chose to not debate... though that would work against her, as the high road doesn't mean anything in politics. *I* would be fine with it, but too many others are too reactionary and shallow to consider context and nuances.

Trump probably would "win". I mean, how does an adult defend against a man-child spouting crap and calling you the equivalent of a "poopy-head"? They don't. And the man-child's brain-dead sycophant supporters will eat it up.

For the most part, I think the sides have already been chosen by the vast majority of individual voters. If they like Trump, he will win the debates no matter what. If they don't like Trump or like Hillary, she will win the debates.

Trump is honest like a used car salesman. Hillary, more like a lawyer.

I'll take the lawyer. Thank you.

Yes...you would. For the rest of us, though, the choice isn't that easy.

Who is worse car salesman or lawyer?

Best Answer: The lawyer of a car salesmen

lawyer

the car salesman can only steal ur money if ure vulnerable enuf and u don't do ur homework. Besides, these guys sometimes are fighting to make ends meat. Yes, they do pull all the tricks in the books on you, but any decent person would be able tell.

A lawyer can make a killer go free, and an innocent be sent to prison. Or make u pay tons of money for a frivilous lawsuit. And these guys make top dollars.

Now the above comments only apply to the worst lawyers and worst car salesman. There are some good lawyers and some good car salesman, even if they are rare.

LAWYERS!

A car salesman doesn't threaten you with court, or find some excuse to take your house and life away. You have the option to avoid a car salesman, we can NEVER get away from lawyers running and ruining our country and our lives.

A lawyer.

Lawyers can literaly make money for doing absoloutley nothing. All they do is take retainers than make excuses as to why they can't defend you, ad infinitum. There are some lawyers who have never even stepped foot in a courthouse. They just live off retainers.
(sounds strikingly familiar to Hillary, wouldn't you say?)

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060727211358AA2b9Fj

Off-topic, I know, but you brought it up...I wonder who has screwed more people over...lawyers or used car salesmen. I'm thinking lawyers because Obama screwed over around 300 million people with Obamacare.

Boy, isn't that going to be interesting?

On the one hand, I don't hold much value in the way we do "debates" these days to begin with, but they are kind of obligational.

On the other hand, in this case, I wouldn't blame Hillary if she chose to not debate... though that would work against her, as the high road doesn't mean anything in politics. *I* would be fine with it, but too many others are too reactionary and shallow to consider context and nuances.

Trump probably would "win". I mean, how does an adult defend against a man-child spouting crap and calling you the equivalent of a "poopy-head"? They don't. And the man-child's brain-dead sycophant supporters will eat it up.

For the most part, I think the sides have already been chosen by the vast majority of individual voters. If they like Trump, he will win the debates no matter what. If they don't like Trump or like Hillary, she will win the debates.

I mean "win" by the shallow, appeals to emotion, etc. tactics commonly used by politicians.
To be clear.

Trump won't abide by a "calm and cool" debate.
He may agree on paper, but when the show comes, the gloves come off.

Yes...you would. For the rest of us, though, the choice isn't that easy.

Off-topic, I know, but you brought it up...I wonder who has screwed more people over...lawyers or used car salesmen. I'm thinking lawyers because Obama screwed over around 300 million people with Obamacare.

make ends "meat"....lol---yeah, that sounds like a Trump supporter. :)

Trump isn't a conservative. He isn't a "popular" figure with anyone who is a true conservative.
This may be true depending on how you define true conservative, but he was a quite popular guy.

Now imagine he acted like an intelligent populist conservative in the 2016 election, his approval rating among conservatives would go up to 80%, while he would retain many of his independent and democrat supporters. He would have easily won the 2016 nomination, and then crushed Hillary.

That is why I am saying Trump won due to his inherited advantage and not an amazing campaign.

xttwpcr-bkw_lh84dkiy6q.gif

smsubc0sxuag-0_etb9eeg.gif

Last edited:

This man won't be swept into the WH by the 15 million people who voted for him already. He needs to convince dozens of millions of Republicans and Independents to vote for him. Domination of someone who was the right hand person to a 2 term President and who was a Senator, lawyer and Secretary of State isn't going to happen. Nobody wants a bully in office.

He has gotten more votes than any other Repub candidate ever. Republicans have won the Presidency. So it can reasonably be assumed that they always get more votes in the general than they do in the Primaries. And it can reasonably be assumed that Trump will do better in the general because he did better in the primaries.

I am not a Trump supporter, and he wont get my vote. But once I caught on to his campaign tactics and how people were responding I knew he was going to win the nom. I am pretty sure he will win the general. More people care about the Kardashians than they do the election. And Trump is well aware of that and playing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make ends "meat"....lol---yeah, that sounds like a Trump supporter. :)

Cool...you are done here, I guess, since all you have left is an idiotic remark.

Cool...you are done here, I guess, since all you have left is an idiotic remark.

And, I'm not supposed to notice a line like "make ends meat"? :lol: Yeah, right.

He has gotten more votes than any other Repub candidate ever. Republicans have won the Presidency. So it can reasonably be assumed that they always get more votes in the general than they do in the Primaries. And it can reasonably be assumed that Trump will do better in the general because he did better in the primaries.

I am not a Trump supporter, and he wont get my vote. But once I caught on to his campaign tactics and how people were responding I knew he was going to win the nom. I am pretty sure he will win the general. More people care about the Kardashians than they do the election. And Trump is well aware of that and playing it.

Yes he did. And? That doesn't change what I said. The candidates who got fewer primary votes (for instance, George W Bush) weren't divisive.

This may be true depending on how you define true conservative, but he was a quite popular guy.

Now imagine he acted like an intelligent populist conservative in the 2016 election, his approval rating among conservatives would go up to 80%, while he would retain many of his independent and democrat supporters. He would have easily won the 2016 nomination, and then crushed Hillary.

That is why I am saying Trump won due to his inherited advantage and not an amazing campaign.

xttwpcr-bkw_lh84dkiy6q.gif

smsubc0sxuag-0_etb9eeg.gif

His approval rating will never be 80% among conservatives because he isn't a conservative. He supported the assault weapons ban. He supported partial birth abortion. He supported Democrats for most of his adult life. He supports profiling based on religious practices. He supported universal health care. Leopards don't change their spots.

Yes he did. And? That doesn't change what I said. The candidates who got fewer primary votes (for instance, George W Bush) weren't divisive.

I didnt intend to change what you said. I was merely addressing your point that he wont be swept into the WH with the 15 million votes he has gotten.

And, I'm not supposed to notice a line like "make ends meat"? :lol: Yeah, right.

Oh...nothing wrong with noticing it. I noticed that misspelling along with others from that guy.

No...what makes your post useless is the way you tried to tie it in with Trump.

Have we ever had a candidate who is as unqualified to be president as this guy? Hell, he makes W look like a statesman and Rhodes scholar.

I don't think we have, Calamity...and, YES, he does make Dubya look like a statesman and Rhodes scholar.

I cannot get over that supposedly intelligent people are backing him.

His approval rating will never be 80% among conservatives because he isn't a conservative. He supported the assault weapons ban. He supported partial birth abortion. He supported Democrats for most of his adult life. He supports profiling based on religious practices. He supported universal health care. Leopards don't change their spots.

Couldn't the same be said about Mitt Romney? He distanced himself from Reagan, created universal health care, banned assult weapons, and changed his views on abortion. And you support him.

And Trump did have several conservative views in the past. For instance this was his positions in 2000
"Trump's political positions and policy proposals, including strict anti-crime measures, increased pressure on China, fair trade, border control, increased military spending, support for public capital punishment, and the implementation of single-payer health care."

Of course, Trump is not a real conservative, but he can certainly get the support from real conservativs. Right now his main issue is not conservative credibility, but that he is acting unprofessionally, says a lot of stupid stuff and racist remarks.

Last edited:

Couldn't the same be said about Mitt Romney? He even distanced himself from Reagan.

And Trump did have severall conservative views in the past. For instance this was his positions in 2000
"Trump's political positions and policy proposals, including strict anti-crime measures, increased pressure on China, fair trade, border control, increased military spending, support for public capital punishment, and the implementation of single-payer health care."

Of course, Trump is not a real conservative, but he can certainly get the support from real conservativs. Right now his main issue is not conservative credibility, but that he is acting unprofessionally, says a lot of stupid stuff and racist remarks.

Mitt Romney isn't running. What does he have to do with a discussion about Trump not being a conservative?

Yes, single payer healthcare. That isn't a conservative position. "Anti-crime"? I don't know that "pro-crime" is a liberal position. Increased pressure on China isn't what I'd call a conservative position. Military spending increase, sure. Death penalty, sure. But he also supported those other things I mentioned, and none of them are even close to conservative.

Yeah, his problem is his big fat mouth not being in sync with his brain.

Mitt Romney isn't running. What does he have to do with a discussion about Trump not being a conservative?
Its relevant because I made up a scenario where Trump was an inteligent populist candidate. And in that case I believe he would have improved his approval rating with conservatives to above 80%, and he would retain many of his Independent and Democrat supporters.

You said that would be impossible, because he was not a real conservative. But neither was Romney and you supported him. Hence, it is very possible that many conservatives would support Trump in such scenario.

Yes, single payer healthcare. That isn't a conservative position. "Anti-crime"? I don't know that "pro-crime" is a liberal position. Increased pressure on China isn't what I'd call a conservative position. Military spending increase, sure. Death penalty, sure. But he also supported those other things I mentioned, and none of them are even close to conservative.
Anti-crime means tougher punishments, and there are plenty of progressives who want much more lenient punishments for rapists and murders. In countries where progressives have a lot of power such as Sweden, rapists often get away with 1-2 years in jail. The ones mentioned above is his policies, its a mixed bag, but it does contain conservative positions.

Yeah, his problem is his big fat mouth not being in sync with his brain.
Exactly. And I believe if it was in sync, he would win easily. But then he might not run.

Its relevant because I made up a scenario where Trump was an inteligent populist candidate. And in that case I believe he would have improved his approval rating with conservatives to above 80%, and he would retain many of his Independent and Democrat supporters.

You said that would be impossible, because he was not a real conservative. But neither was Romney and you supported him. Hence, it is very possible that many conservatives would support Trump in such scenario.

Anti-crime means tougher punishments, and there are plenty of progressives who want much more lenient punishments for rapists and murders. In countries where progressives have a lot of power such as Sweden, rapists often get away with 1-2 years in jail. The ones mentioned above is his policies, its a mixed bag, but it does contain conservative positions.

Exactly. And I believe if it was in sync, he would win easily. But then he might not run.

Romney was a good smart man. Romney had great experience. Romney had a record of success. Romney was a leader. Romney was a fiscal conservative, which I am.

Trump was and is none of the above.

I have thought Trump was done several times. I have been wrong every one.

same here. i predicted on this site in multiple threads that he would not be the nominee.

Back
Top Bottom