• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are we to fill the prisons?

Gilluin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
If abortion is made illegal I predict that you will see across the border abortion clinics, in canada and states that still premit abortion. Are we to fill the prisons with those seeking abortions in places where it is legal if they live in states that do not allow abortions? Prolifers better becare for what they wish for. Prolifers tend to be conservative and do not like taxes. They better get ready to pay, in taxes, for the extra prisons and social programs needed for all those abandoned children.

Gilluin said:
If abortion is made illegal I predict that you will see across the border abortion clinics, in canada and states that still premit abortion. Are we to fill the prisons with those seeking abortions in places where it is legal if they live in states that do not allow abortions? Prolifers better becare for what they wish for. Prolifers tend to be conservative and do not like taxes. They better get ready to pay, in taxes, for the extra prisons and social programs needed for all those abandoned children.

I would gladly double my taxes to help save the weak and the unborn.

Better idea though instead of locking up the women/men seeking termination and euthanasia why not lock up the obs/gyno/ and doctors that carry out theses procedures?

Pro life is NOT just about termination of pregnancies.

Gilluin said:

Which is just another fantasy of anti-choicers-that every child conceived will be wanted and cared for and healthy-and without using BC to delay or prevent their conceptions(in many opinions).
The argument from their side ignores the simple fact that women have a right to choose how their bodies are utilized.
Some will argue that their tax money is going toward federally funded abortions, but I'd be willing to bet that's a drop in the bucket compared to the amounts paid out for welfare, foster care and children's services, not to mention the drug-addled or sickly children born and cared for in hospitals when their 'mothers' can't pay.
Both abortions and out-of-wedlock birth statistics show a decline in the last 15 years-a good thing(the out of wedlock births being to teenagers-adult women's statistics have risen slightly). But it will be a long time coming before everyone takes responsibility for their actions and prevents the situations above from taking place.

FISHX said:

How about you double your charitable giving instead?

FIXHX said:

What else is it about?

FISHX said:

Better idea though instead of locking up the women/men seeking termination and euthanasia why not lock up the obs/gyno/ and doctors that carry out theses procedures?

I am pro-life myself but if I had to choose between doubling taxes and seeing abortion go on, I would let it go on. You see, low taxes matter to me, but as a person who has since passed through the womb, I have no risk of being aborted. That is why even though I am staunchly pro-life, I would vote for a pro-choice candidate if my self interests were represented by his views. As for your idea of locking up doctors rather than women, I would hope it would go that way. I don't know if I could support a ban on abortion if they were locking up mothers, doctors, that is another story. Besides, most of those gynos deserve to be locked up, especially the male ones, because we all know why they became gynecologists! Probably for the same reason I have thought of becoming one someday.

The Real McCoy said:
How about you double your charitable giving instead?

I already give to over 15 charities regularly every month that is not enough to save the weak double taxes from everyone as well as my contribution given volunatry would be a hell of a lot better and would provide more resources for people in crisis than just one person doubling their donations.

The Real McCoy said:
What else is it about?

it is about a ending all premature death and making it possible for the weak and the unborn to live.

FISHX said:
I already give to over 15 charities regularly every month that is not enough to save the weak double taxes from everyone as well as my contribution given volunatry would be a hell of a lot better and would provide more resources for people in crisis than just one person doubling their donations.

Well first off, I admire you charitable giving but I gotta tell ya, that sentence was a little hard to understand. Either way, doubling everyones taxes would be insane and disastrous for our country. It would harm millions upon millions more than it would help.

[/QUOTE]it is about a ending all premature death and making it possible for the weak and the unborn to live.[/QUOTE]

So pro-choicers want the weak to die? Hmm..

The Real McCoy said:
Well first off, I admire you charitable giving but I gotta tell ya, that sentence was a little hard to understand. Either way, doubling everyones taxes would be insane and disastrous for our country. It would harm millions upon millions more than it would help.

That's right. I am pro-life, but I don't see why anyone would want to be born into a country with a ceiling high tax rate. I mean, I would rather protect us against communism than abortion. Wouldn't you?

The Real McCoy..[/QUOTE said:

Now where on earth did i say that?

I pointed out in response to a direct question what pro life was about nothing more nothing less.

FISHX said:

I pointed out in response to a direct question what pro life was about nothing more nothing less.[/QUOTE]

You said it back there. You do want to protect the unborn, I'll give you credit to that, you just don't want to do it in the right way.

Axismaster said:

I pointed out in response to a direct question what pro life was about nothing more nothing less.

You said it back there. You do want to protect the unborn, I'll give you credit to that, you just don't want to do it in the right way.[/QUOTE]

That was not my post hun that was the post i quoted from the real mcoy now please show where i said that.

FISHX said:
The Real McCoy said:

You originally said being pro-life wasn't just about terminating pregnancies.

I asked you what else it was about.

You said it was about protecting the unborn and the WEAK.

To me, this implied an assumption that pro-choicers aren't for protecting the weak.

I don't think wanting to protect the weak has anything to do with being pro-life, unless "weak" applies to those in the womb which would then invalidate your assertion that being pro-choice isn't just about terminating pregnancies.

The Real McCoy said:
You originally said being pro-life wasn't just about terminating pregnancies.

I asked you what else it was about.

You said it was about protecting the unborn and the WEAK.

To me, this implied an assumption that pro-choicers aren't for protecting the weak.

I don't think wanting to protect the weak has anything to do with being pro-life, unless "weak" applies to those in the womb which would then invalidate your assertion that being pro-choice isn't just about terminating pregnancies.

No such implication was intended.

The weak come in many forms from terri schiavo to the unborn to baby chalotte wyatt and her parents but yes i see the word weak could be misconstruded.

FISHX said:
No such implication was intended.

The weak come in many forms from terri schiavo to the unborn to baby chalotte wyatt and her parents but yes i see the word weak could be misconstrude.

Ah... sorry, my fault. Didn't think about euthanasia.

The Real McCoy said:
Ah... sorry, my fault. Didn't think about euthanasia.

Thats ok not many people like to think of euthanasia;)

FISHX said:
The weak come in many forms from terri schiavo ......
She was not "weak," she was a congnitive "vegetable."

steen said:

was she not weaker than michael and the b******s that sentenced her to death?

Was she strong enough to make the desicion to die for herself?

No therefore she was one of the weak.

Axismaster said:
I am pro-life myself but if I had to choose between doubling taxes and seeing abortion go on, I would let it go on. You see, low taxes matter to me, but as a person who has since passed through the womb, I have no risk of being aborted. That is why even though I am staunchly pro-life, I would vote for a pro-choice candidate if my self interests were represented by his views. As for your idea of locking up doctors rather than women, I would hope it would go that way. I don't know if I could support a ban on abortion if they were locking up mothers, doctors, that is another story. Besides, most of those gynos deserve to be locked up, especially the male ones, because we all know why they became gynecologists! Probably for the same reason I have thought of becoming one someday.

Are you being real, you claim to be staunchly pro life yet care more for money than life, mmmm.You state that because you are in no danger of abortion it matters not to you, then you are not and never will be pro life you are pro you, pro money.So why do you insist on pretending to be pro life when in reality you are pro choice, as anyone who can read and comprehend what you posted, will be able to tell.

steen said:

So she could defend herself against attack could she, tell everyone what she wanted or even protect herself from the elements, no she could not, therefore Steen your hyperbole nonewithstanding she was weak and defencless.Steen if she was cognitive how come they removed her feeding tubes.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cognitive

If she could think and learn should she not of been re-taught to eat and do things for herself.

PS i just love the way you change tune and opinions from board to board.

freedomfighter said:
So she could defend herself against attack could she,
She was cognitively a vegetable. her brain had atrophied to half its size, she had no willful, aware function.
tell everyone what she wanted or even protect herself from the elements, no she could not, therefore Steen your hyperbole nonewithstanding she was weak and defencless.
Good heavens. So you are another one who think a carrot is "weak"?
Steen if she was cognitive how come they removed her feeding tubes.
She WASN'T "cognitive."
If she could think and learn
She couldn't.
should she not of been re-taught to eat and do things for herself.
She couldn't.
And, for good meassure, you end off with an ad hominym. Yes, I am not surprised.:roll:

Your original post Steen, do you want us to believe that you have a different meaning for cognitive than the dictionary, you said she was cognitive therefore able to think and learn was capable of thought and dreams, yet then you state that her brain had shrunk to half it's original size, which is it Steen was she cognitive or what ?.

She WASN'T "cognitive."

Steen so you admit that your original post was wrong because you stated she was a cognitive "vegetable " which in itself is a misnomer as vegetables do not have the capacity for any sort of sentient cognitive thought.

Good heavens. So you are another one who think a carrot is "weak"?

What is this rubbish, when was a carrot classed as human or do you have information that the rest of the scientific community have not.Stop with the stupid inane comments and debate seriously Steen.

freedomfighter said:
If she could think and learn

steen said:
She couldn't.

freedomfighter said:
should she not of been re-taught to eat and do things for herself.

steen said:
She couldn't.

Yet you actually claimed that she was cognitive Steen.

Just for you Steen here is the definition of cognitive.

Main Entry: cog·ni·tive
Pronunciation: 'käg-n&t-iv
Function: adjective
: of, relating to, or being conscious intellectual activity (as thinking, reasoning, remembering, imagining, or learning words) <the cognitive elements of perception —C. H. Hamburg> —cog·ni·tive·ly adverb

Now surely Steen you knew this was the definition, so it begs the question did you deliberatly misuse it in a vain attempt to discredit the post of another poster, please explain how you could use it when it has no relevance to the subject at hand.

And, for good meassure, you end off with an ad hominym. Yes, I am not surprised.

Look Steen that was not a personal attack, it was a fact.Do me a favour though if you are going to accuse me of something at least spell the bloody thing right.Here is what i posted,

If you think that is an attack maybe you are to sensitive too be debating such a emotional subject maybe this site here would be more suited to your emotional needs : http://www.jumptheshark.com/s/sesamestreet.htm

PS if you look Steen there is a spellcheck button, use it.

Last edited:
steen said:

For once I agree with you Steen. This is one of those times I part ways with the pro-life establishment. Her soul was gone, she could not be revived. The GOP just wanted it for an issue, but when it backfired you won't hear them mention it again. If it had worked they would be wailing about it until this very day and make her a symbol of their campaign.

Axismaster said:
For once I agree with you Steen. This is one of those times I part ways with the pro-life establishment. Her soul was gone, she could not be revived. The GOP just wanted it for an issue, but when it backfired you won't hear them mention it again. If it had worked they would be wailing about it until this very day and make her a symbol of their campaign.

With people like you i am ashamed to be pro life you hypocrite.

FISHX said:
With people like you i am ashamed to be pro life you hypocrite.

I am ashamed to be pro-life by those who can never moderate their stance.

Axismaster said:
I am ashamed to be pro-life by those who can never moderate their stance.

And how exactly would you moderate the value of life?

Back
Top Bottom