• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are we suppose to take Andrea Mitchell serisouly as a reporter?

StandUpChuck

Tart with a Heart
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mocking Sarah Palin? :roll: Come on Andrea. Leave that kind of crap for Olbermann or Rachel Madcow. You're suppose to be an unbiased news reporter.

Andrea Mitchell mocked Sarah Palin on MSNBC's "Daily Rundown" Monday morning by appearing on-air with notes written on her hand.

Palin was caught over the weekend reading notes off her hand at the Tea Party Convention in Nashville.

Andrea Mitchell Mocks Palin With Notes Written On Hand (VIDEO)

Seriously, this is what news is reduced to?

Mocking Sarah Palin? :roll: Come on Andrea. Leave that kind of crap for Olbermann or Rachel Madcow. You're suppose to be an unbiased news reporter.

Oh come on, it was funny since she had just bitched about Obama using a teleprompter. I don't think any either are a big deal, but it was humorous in that context.

Never heard of her; but if she did that, she gets brownie points in my book :mrgreen:

You have to understand that a vast majority of all members - air talent, editors, etc... of MSNBC ardently support Obama and are scared ****less of Palin. Mitchell has been hiding behind some "journalist" moniker for a long time but she's a true Progressive shill like Olbermann, Maddow, Shultz and the rest. MSNBC is the Liberal circle jerk center of the media.

Save yourself some time and sanity and watch a station with at least some credibility.

You have to understand that a vast majority of all members - air talent, editors, etc... of MSNBC ardently support Obama and are scared ****less of Palin. Mitchell has been hiding behind some "journalist" moniker for a long time but she's a true Progressive shill like Olbermann, Maddow, Shultz and the rest. MSNBC is the Liberal circle jerk center of the media.

Save yourself some time and sanity and watch a station with at least some credibility.

Nobody is scared of Palin. That is just a conservative talking point. Repeating it constantly won't make it true.

For the most part, yes.

I used to figure that the days of real journalism died with Uncle Walter. But, the more I learned about Cronkite, the more I realized unbiased journalism has always been as mythical as griffons.

I don't believe they are scared of Sarah Palin. I believe they think it's cute and acceptable to mock an attractive woman. The press is run by liberals, so it makes it OK in their book.

I s'pose with that frog skin & bulbous nose on Andrea Mitchell, she harbors some issues with Palin, but unlikely it's re: politcs.

Actually according to Huffinton Post, where the first picture from this appearance started circulating, the notes on her hand were for the Q&A session that followed after the speech. I reckon this will just be more partisan wagon circling, but if Obama needs teleprompters to speak to school kids I suppose Palin can jot a few lines on her palm for a press conference. Obama does not need a teleprompter for press conferences anymore, he just does not hold them.

Also, I don't believe the "Daily Run Down" is a hard news show, but a commentary upon the news show. ;)

Last edited:

It was stupid. News is getting dumber all of the time.

Actually according to Huffinton Post, where this picture circulation started, the notes on her hand where for the Q&A session that followed after the speech. I reckon this will just be more partisan wagon circling, but if Obama needs teleprompters to speak to school kids I suppose Palin can jot a few lines on her palm for a press conference. Obama does not need a teleprompter for press conferences anymore, he just does not hold them.

Also, I don't believe the "Daily Run Down" is hard news show, but a commentary upon the news show. ;)

But Andrea Mitchell is *suppose* to be a hard news reporter. There was a time when these people attempted to hide their bias.

Like I said, I expect this stuff from an Olbermann, Maddow, Limbaugh or Beck, not a news correspondent.

But Andrea Mitchell is *suppose* to be a hard news reporter. There was a time when these people attempted to hide their bias.

Like I said, I expect this stuff from an Olbermann, Maddow, Limbaugh or Beck, not a news correspondent.
Well I don't really consider Andrea Mitchell a reporter anymore, as she frequnetly appears in this capacity for MSNBC. We won't even get started on MSNBC............

Last edited:
Well I don't really consider Andrea Mitchell a reporter anymore, as she frequnetly appears in this capacity for MSNBC. We won't even get started on MSNBC............

I used to really like MSNBC. *sigh* Now I just cannot stomach it.

I used to really like MSNBC. *sigh* Now I just cannot stomach it.
They do remain the only cable news channel that has ever had to pull and switch out their on air team half way through a party convention. Due to ridiculous partisan bickering and on air sniping at each other, it literally got so bad even MSNBC was embarrassed!

As funny as Chris Wallace saying he hoped Sarah Palin sat in his lap during his FNS interview with her.

Actually, Andrea's funny moment was a comment on Sarah Palin's actual abilities. Chris Wallace's mocked Sarah Palin's womanhood.

Oh come on, it was funny since she had just bitched about Obama using a teleprompter. I don't think any either are a big deal, but it was humorous in that context.

Having a two or three bullet points scribbled on her hand = Obama's head going back and forth like watching a ping pong match in order to read every speach from two teleprompters. Really?

Wether you think the use of a telepromtper is a big deal or not, I can't see how you can really compare the two.

Last edited:
Having a two or three bullet points scribbled on her hand = Obama's head going back and forth like watching a ping pong match in order to read every speach from two teleprompters. Really?

Wether you think the use of a telepromtper is a big deal or not, I can't see how you can really compare the two.

Yeah!!! Crib notes are just sooooo much cooler. So like, did Sarah get set to the corner after she was caught?

Yeah!!! Crib notes are just sooooo much cooler. So like, did Sarah get set to the corner after she was caught?

Oh hell no. Palinistas are going to write on their own palms at the next convention. You know, solidarity with Sistah Sarah! :cool:

All their palms will have ink on them reading:

Palin 2011 2012 !

:giggle:

Ehrm, would that be like Saint Sarah's head bobbing ... for apples .... when she looked up and down at her written (on paper, not skin! :lol: ) notes during her speech.

The palm pilot action was for her Q&A :whothere:

When a grown woman, who ran for VP and will be running for President of the United States, writes notes on her hand to refer to in the middle of a Q&A session on national TV... there is nothing else to do BUT make fun of her. If we shame her back to Alaska we would be doing her a favor.

Who the hell are those people who would support a person who makes these kinds of decisions? :doh

If the media were this honest about Bush in '98 and '99 we wouldn't have been successfully attacked on 9/11, 100s of thousands of innocent people wouldn't have died in a War of Choice and we wouldn't be in this economic mess.

Ok Palinites, lock and load...

As funny as Chris Wallace saying he hoped Sarah Palin sat in his lap during his FNS interview with her.

Actually, Andrea's funny moment was a comment on Sarah Palin's actual abilities. Chris Wallace's mocked Sarah Palin's womanhood.

Do you think Chris Wallace's comment was funny? Because I don't. I didn't appreciate these sexual and degrading comments cast upon Hillary (albeit the sexual ones rare with her which actually adds a bit more disgust), and I certainly won't tolerate this crap being hoisted all over Palin. No matter what the party, women have to stand together with other women (and any decent guy who wants to join us) to protest this sort of thing.

Would you think it's funny if Chris Wallace or Andrea Mitchell suggested fried chicken and watermelon be served at Obama's inauguration?

When a grown woman, who ran for VP and will be running for President of the United States, writes notes on her hand to refer to in the middle of a Q&A session on national TV... there is nothing else to do BUT make fun of her. If we shame her back to Alaska we would be doing her a favor.

Who the hell are those people who would support a person who makes these kinds of decisions? :doh

I think anyone writing crib notes on their hand over the age of 14 isn't terribly impressive. But that's not the subject of this thread or section of the forum. It's re: Andrea Mitchell mocking Gov Palin. It's about Andrea Mitchell no longer hiding her bias. Like I said, there are individuals in the media we expect that from. But for years many of us knew that most of the media as individuals were biased against conservatives. Liberals acted like we were crazy. Now they don't even try to hide it.

Is it OK for a "news reporter" to mock the opposition? I have no problem with someone like Mitchell pointing out that Palin used crib notes. Though who cares, really. It was 3 points, not an entire speech. Certainly not the vast irony some want to make it. I see it more as something really sophomoric. Who writes on their hand? :shrug: Was there no paper? Do they have nothing else to pick apart about this woman? It certainly seems like the left media is just looking for things with which to mock her.

Do you think Chris Wallace's comment was funny? Because I don't. I didn't appreciate these sexual and degrading comments cast upon Hillary (albeit the sexual ones rare with her which actually adds a bit more disgust), and I certainly won't tolerate this crap being hoisted all over Palin. No matter what the party, women have to stand together with other women (and any decent guy who wants to join us) to protest this sort of thing.

Would you think it's funny if Chris Wallace or Andrea Mitchell suggested fried chicken and watermelon be served at Obama's inauguration?

I think anyone writing crib notes on their hand over the age of 14 isn't terribly impressive. But that's not the subject of this thread or section of the forum. It's re: Andrea Mitchell mocking Gov Palin. It's about Andrea Mitchell no longer hiding her bias. Like I said, there are individuals in the media we expect that from. But for years many of us knew that most of the media as individuals were biased against conservatives. Liberals acted like we were crazy. Now they don't even try to hide it.

Is it OK for a "news reporter" to mock the opposition? I have no problem with someone like Mitchell pointing out that Palin used crib notes. Though who cares, really. It was 3 points, not an entire speech. Certainly not the vast irony some want to make it. I see it more as something really sophomoric. Who writes on their hand? :shrug: Was there no paper? Do they have nothing else to pick apart about this woman? It certainly seems like the left media is just looking for things with which to mock her.

No, I didn't think Chris Wallace's comment was funny. However, Andrea Mitchell wasn't denigrating Palin as a woman. She was commenting, in a funny way, on a morning talk show. "News reporters" do that all the time - make rounds on talk/commentary shows, it's just part of the news landscape now. And they do, in such venues, comment, in funny (to some) ways, sometimes, about things in the news. I absolutely agree with you about denigrating someone as a woman - that has no place. But this was NOT denigrating her as a woman, it was a funny comment on her preparation for a major address at a convention.

Also, I don't think Andrea Mitchell revealed her bias, b/c Andrea Mitchell is a conservative, and always has been. One of the intellectual conservative sort. She freaking married Alan Greenspan, for goodness sakes'. You have to be really turned on by conservative wonkery to marry that. He took policy papers into that bathtub :lol:. I know that little factoid, b/c he revealed that in the book he wrote (TMI!).

Last edited:
I don't believe they are scared of Sarah Palin. I believe they think it's cute and acceptable to mock an attractive woman.

No, its that they know its cute and acceptable to mock an absolute moron. You would think her cult following would be sick and tired of having to constantly defend and make excuses for her ignorance.

Andrea Mitchell is married to Alan Greenspan. So she probably has this thing for intelligence.

I don't believe they are scared of Sarah Palin. I believe they think it's cute and acceptable to mock an attractive woman. The press is run by liberals, so it makes it OK in their book.

I s'pose with that frog skin & bulbous nose on Andrea Mitchell, she harbors some issues with Palin, but unlikely it's re: politcs.

I don't understand the whole "palin is cute" thing. I would not describe her that way. I understand some do think she is attractive, but I don't see it.

I don't understand the whole "palin is cute" thing. I would not describe her that way. I understand some do think she is attractive, but I don't see it.
I don't see it either. I've tried, I've seen the photos of her in a slicker suit, a bikini with a gun on her hip (yeah photo shopped, I know), dressed up, dressed down. I just don't see what's so attractive...:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom