• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are we living in a new progressive era?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In the early 1900's the United States went through whats come to be know as the 'progressive era'. Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and Woodrow Wilson held office during, and supported many progressive reforms, like women's suffrage, elimination of corruption in government, and election reforms like secret ballots and direct primary's. Those three men came to be known as the progressive presidents.

My question is are we living in the start of the new progressive era? Will Barrack Obama go down as the first neo-progressive president? Will the LGBT+ movement be this generations suffrage movement? If Hillary Clinton is elected will she be remembered as the second neo-progressive president? How will black lives matter and immigration be viewed?

In my opinion with Barrack Obama being the first black president, and Hillary Clinton likely to be the first female president, this will absolutely go down as the new progressive era. Progressive values are being fought for in a way never before seen. This nation is going through the slow and painful process of becoming more accepting of more people and it's doing so with unprecedented speed. So I think in 50 years my grandchildren will be reading about the 'second progressive era' their holobooks during history class.

your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom