• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are We Investigating the Wrong Crime?

RightConservative said:
Democrats are despondent. Outwardly they are parading before the cameras saying how sad it is that Mr. Libby has been indicted. It is a sad time for the leftists. They were hunting for much bigger game.

In truth, no one really cares if Valerie Plame was “outed.” The liberals manufactured this non-crime so that they could claim that Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction. Stretching the envelope of reality to the breaking point, the leftists have made this claim: Bush sought revenge against Joe Wilson because his non-report didn’t support the president’s claim that Saddam was attempting to buy yellow cake uranium from Niger. With nothing better to do, the president and his staff decided to expose Wilson’s wife as a CIA agent, thus putting her life in danger and ruining her career. In a nutshell, that is what the liberals want Americans to believe.

What really happened? First, people must step back and take a close look at ex-Ambassador Joseph Wilson IV. People have seen pictures of the flashy, sports-car-driving Wilson with his “outed” wife in Vanity Fair, but are most people aware that Wilson was a member of John Kerry’s election team? Wilson had every reason to sabotage the Bush administration. A job in the Kerry administration was one reason.

Wilson did have some time in Iraq and apparently put his life at risk by freeing 150 American hostages seized by Saddam just before the Gulf War. That seems to be his only claim to fame—until he saw the opportunity to return to the spotlight he loves at the expense of his wife, Valerie Plame.

Read the full story

Why Democrats should be despondent about a top Republican White House aide who was indicted for perjury. You think the Republicans are happy about this?

Iriemon said:
Why are you bashing Clinton on a thread that has to do with the Plame incident?

because bashing Clinton will never go out of vogue, which reminds me

Hillary was in bed one night, shortly after marrying Bill
He told hillary he was putting a box under the bed and he made her promise NEVER to look in it.
She promised and for years forgot about it
on the evening of their 30th wedding anniversary, her curiosity finally peaked
she pulled the box out from under the bed and opened it
in it was 3 empty beer cans and $81,942.95
While at dinner Hillary had to confess.
"Bill, curiosity finally got the best of me. I looked in the box under the bed"
Bill: " i understand"
HIllary: " what is with the 3 beer cans?"
Bill: " everytiime i cheated on you, i put a beer can in the box as a reminder to never do it again"
Hillary: " and what is with the $81,942.95?"
Bill: " everytime the box got full of beer cans, i returned them for the Nickle deposit"

:2rofll:

DeeJayH said:
because bashing Clinton will never go out of vogue,

I understand. It makes sense. If I was a Bush apologist, I'd attack Clinton too, and everyone else, as it is pretty tough to defend what is going on with Bush's Administration.

Iriemon said:
I understand. It makes sense. If I was a Bush apologist, I'd attack Clinton too, and everyone else, as it is pretty tough to defend what is going on with Bush's Administration.

hate Clinton? absolutely
Bush apologist? no
he has screwed up a good number of things through action or inaction
but we are alot better off with him, than if the alternate had been elected
i defend what he does right
and side with the left when he does wrong, or fails to do the right thing
like border control

DeeJayH said:
hate Clinton? absolutely
Bush apologist? no
he has screwed up a good number of things through action or inaction
but we are alot better off with him, than if the alternate had been elected
i defend what he does right
and side with the left when he does wrong, or fails to do the right thing
like border control

Fair enough. I was just wondering why in a thread about the Plame issue Donkey1499 felt it was necessary to write a post gratuitously attacking Clinton on unrelated matters.

Back
Top Bottom