• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are we going to have a Schumer shutdown of the government?

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A funding bill for the government needs to be passed that also has the 5 billion dollars for the wall. The president wants it, the people want it, and the house has passed it. It is ONLY Schumer and his cohorts that dont want it.

So yes-------------it will rightly be called the Schumer Shutdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security... So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

-Donald Trump to Chuck Schumer

A funding bill for the government needs to be passed that also has the 5 billion dollars for the wall. The president wants it, the people want it, and the house has passed it. It is ONLY Schumer and his cohorts that dont want it.

So yes-------------it will rightly be called the Schumer Shutdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Methinks you are drinking too much kool aid. Polls have overwhelming shown that Americans don't want the government shut down over the wall. What happened to Trump saying that HE would take responsibility for the shut down?

IF the government is shut down it is because TRUMP wants it shutdown. Remember, he's already said he OWNS it and he is PROUD of it. And no, the people do NOT want the wall hence why YOU cons lost the HOUSE!

The jury is still out.

There have been suggestions by many...Trump included...that McConnell should nuke the 60 vote thing and pass the wall budget with 51 votes.

Will he do it? We'll find out. If he doesn't, then yeah...we'll have the Schumer shutdown.

It's the Trump shutdown - Schumer is simply helping to assure that it happens.

Will he do it? We'll find out. If he doesn't, then yeah...we'll have the Schumer shutdown.

Nope, Trump has already OWNED it and said he would be PROUD of it so if there is a shutdown it will be because of TRUMP. Trump promised Mexcio would pay for the wall, NOT the american taxpayer. You love a liar like Trump, but sorry, the facts show it will be a TRUMP shutdown since he has already ADMITTED IT! Sorry con, can't deflect this on anyone else. If Republicans want the wall, they can use the nuclear option.

It isn't a Dem problem, it is a Trump and Republican shutdown.

The jury is still out.

There have been suggestions by many...Trump included...that McConnell should nuke the 60 vote thing and pass the wall budget with 51 votes.

If McConnell doesn't use his power then it's the McConnell/Trump shutdown.

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security... So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

Emptyquote

The jury is still out.

Are you sure that's what you want McConnel to do?

Your post was a perfect first response to the absurd OP and nothing could be added to it, so I merely quote the post.

Nope, Trump has already OWNED it and said he would be PROUD of it so if there is a shutdown it will be because of TRUMP. Trump promised Mexcio would pay for the wall, NOT the american taxpayer. You love a liar like Trump, but sorry, the facts show it will be a TRUMP shutdown since he has already ADMITTED IT! Sorry con, can't deflect this on anyone else. If Republicans want the wall, they can use the nuclear option.

It isn't a Dem problem, it is a Trump and Republican shutdown.

The majority of the House wants it. More than half the Senate will vote for it. The only ones who stand in the way of funding for the wall is Schumer and his merry band of Senate Dems.

Schumer Shutdown.

The majority of the House wants it. More than half the Senate will vote for it. The only ones who stand in the way of funding for the wall is Schumer and his merry band of Senate Dems.

Schumer Shutdown.

The senate republicans can use the nuclear option (as the majority party) so it is a Republican and Trump shutdown. Sorry those facts get in the way of your partisan idiotic comments.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1076135495938265088

"Trump: If we don't get what we want, one way or the other... I will shut down the government ... So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it."

You appear to have stepped in some poo. Don't do that.

That is going to be the most quoted sthatement by Trump through this mess. I wonder if he regrets insisting that meeting be public. :)

The senate republicans can use the nuclear option (as the majority party) so it is a Republican and Trump shutdown. Sorry those facts get in the way of your partisan idiotic comments.

Not 100% sure but from what I'm reading the Senate Republicans don't even have the 50-51 votes they'd need for the Nuke Option. Can we imagine how embarrassing Turtle McConnell would be if he played the Nuke card and bill still failed?

It would be GOLDEN!!!

Schumer Shutdown.

nope
tRump owns this
he stated his pride of ownership before the media in the oval office meeting with nancy, schmuck, and pence
enjoy

Schumer forced Trump to take credit for the shutdown Trump is threatening?

Say "DERP" any louder and the site will have to shut down for a while to recover.

To be fair, it can be toug to drop old habits.

Schumer Shutdown.

I am proud to shut down the government for border security... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down."
-Donald Trump to Chuck Schumer.

I am proud to shut down the government for border security... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down."
-Donald Trump to Chuck Schumer.

Now give the rest of his quote...if you can manage the honesty.

Now give the rest of his quote...if you can manage the honesty.

"If we don't get what we want one way or the other ... I will shut down the government,"

that part? Uh... ok.

"If we don't get what we want one way or the other ... I will shut down the government,"

that part? Uh... ok.

was the other part not clear enough to identify who assumed responsibility for a government shutdown

Back
Top Bottom