• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are we being punked?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
[QUOTE]
Debbie Wasserman Schultz may be stepping down as Democratic National Committee chair after this week's party convention, but that doesn't mean she'll be far away: Hillary Clinton announced Sunday she'll be an "honorary" part of her campaign.

"There's simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie," Clinton said in a statement, thanking her "longtime friend" for her committee leadership, reports NPR.

Clinton also announced in her statement that Schultz will now become an honorary chair of her campaign's "50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country. In addition, Clinton will help with Schultz's re-election campaign in Florida, her statement said.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com Debbie Wasserman Schultz to Campaign for Clinton Nationwide
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now! [/QUOTE]

Honestly, what the heck is going on?

I've seen this come up a few times now. I though it sounded too outrageous to be true at first, but now...I don't know. It's being reported by several places, though CNN and Fox don't have a standalone article about it yet.

If this is for reals...then it's pretty much Hillary thumbing her nose at everyone, from Sander's supporters to the DNC itself. I don't think it's necessairly outside the bounds of what Hillary would do, but to do so right away just shows that this woman was 100% in Hillary's pocket the entire time.

Though in the end, I don't think Hillary gives a ****. The Clintons have gotten away with everything they've ever done, and if this story is true it will just go to show that they think themselves untouchable.

I hate Trump and won't vote for him, but I almost want him to win just so Hillary can lose to such a novice blowhard. But Trump would be a disaster as president, so I don't actually hope he will win.

The Onion couldn't come up with this stuff.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz may be stepping down as Democratic National Committee chair after this week's party convention, but that doesn't mean she'll be far away: Hillary Clinton announced Sunday she'll be an "honorary" part of her campaign.

"There's simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie," Clinton said in a statement, thanking her "longtime friend" for her committee leadership, reports NPR.
Clinton also announced in her statement that Schultz will now become an honorary chair of her campaign's "50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country. In addition, Clinton will help with Schultz's re-election campaign in Florida, her statement said.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com Debbie Wasserman Schultz to Campaign for Clinton Nationwide
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!

When you are above the law, you are above the law. Why should Hillary think that she will face consequences from a compliant (and complicit) media?

I've seen this come up a few times now. I though it sounded too outrageous to be true at first, but now...I don't know. It's being reported by several places, though CNN and Fox don't have a standalone article about it yet.

If this is for reals...then it's pretty much Hillary thumbing her nose at everyone, from Sander's supporters to the DNC itself. I don't think it's necessairly outside the bounds of what Hillary would do, but to do so right away just shows that this woman was 100% in Hillary's pocket the entire time.

Though in the end, I don't think Hillary gives a ****. The Clintons have gotten away with everything they've ever done, and if this story is true it will just go to show that they think themselves untouchable.

I hate Trump and won't vote for him, but I almost want him to win just so Hillary can lose to such a novice blowhard. But Trump would be a disaster as president, so I don't actually hope he will win .

Yup. This election has silver linings no matter who wins... but those silver linings are part of dark, dark clouds.

[QUOTE]

Shillary probably instructed DWS throughout the primaries, on the condition she would look out for DWS should it hit the fan. And DWS probably has enough dirt on the Clintons that leaving her out to dry is too big a risk. It will obviously hurt her campaign and image, I can't imagine she really thinks DWS is worth the baggage she brings now.

Yup. This election has silver linings no matter who wins... but those silver linings are part of dark, dark clouds.

Quite so. The worst selection we could have had was Trump v. Hillary.

Oh well, I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

Quite so. The worst selection we could have had was Trump v. Hillary.

Oh well, I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

I'm on the fence with it. As a Pro-Lifer, asking me to vote for someone whom I like except that he's in favor of murdering children is a pretty hard leap. But yeah, third party is definitely going to happen - it's just a question of which one.

It is indeed real.

She got boo'd hard today, by Florida delegates.

[QUOTE]

Honestly, what the heck is going on?[/QUOTE]

Can you believe these people? First the meeting with the attorney general, and now this? They obviously feel they are absolutely untouchable.

I think Hillary is going to find out that she is very "touchable" today. Her husband pulled his stunts before everybody was wired 24/7 to media sources and also pulled his stunts during an era when people were more inclined to "respect their elders" and thus acquiesce to a rigged nomination process, or on a micro level, say a rigged pastor selection process at a local church.

Today, people demand transparent democratic processes in all things. They are not inclined to meekly submit to the "elders know best" practices. As they are wired 24/7 to news media, they learn very quickly when the elders blatantly circumvent a democratic process. They are then going to vote with their feet.

I have seen it done on the micro level at a church, I don't think it is going to be different at the national level with a political party. Those leaving may come back, but it wont be for this election.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence with it. As a Pro-Lifer, asking me to vote for someone whom I like except that he's in favor of murdering children is a pretty hard leap. But yeah, third party is definitely going to happen - it's just a question of which one.

I also fall on the pro-life side, but that debate is settled. The SCOTUS ruled, it's over. There's some wiggle space, but even that's being settled court side. The President will never have the power to significantly erode abortion.

That being the case, Johnson is the closest to my political platform, he was governor so he has actual Executive experience, he's not a Republocrat and he actually likes the Constitution.

Hillary isn't going to hang DWS out to dry. She may do that to middle management types but not to the Democratic elite. The Clintons use the carrot AND the stick. Sure, if you go against them they will punish you when the opportunity arises. But if you help them they will reward you as well.

It is one of the reason the super delegates would never have voted for Bernie. If they voted for or against Bernie and Bernie became President it wouldn't matter. Bernie doesn't hold grudges nor would he reward the Super Delegate for the vote. A vote for or against Hillary has actual repercussions for them.

I think Hillary is going to find out that she is very "touchable" today. Her husband pulled his stunts before everybody was wired 24/7 to media sources and also pulled his stunts during an era when people were more inclined to "respect their elders" and thus acquiesce to a rigged nomination process, or on a micro level, say a rigged pastor selection process at a local church.

Today, people expect transparent democratic processes. As they are wired 24/7 to news media, they learn very quickly when the elders don't respect such a process. They are then going to vote with their feet.

I'd like it to be so, but they are masters of lies and deception. I don't put it past them, their ability to just ail through something like this.

It is indeed real.

She got boo'd hard today, by Florida delegates.

I love how she decided on the motherly tone to combat it. Yeah, that will work. :lamo

You are worse than punked. You have been cut and isolated by your leadership into not considering the Republican party, thus by default, being turned into Hillary supporters by either staying home or voting Hillary. If you were to start showing up with Trump signs, you would be treated with respect.

They promise, you belive, you BOHICA.

Now you know what it's like to be black. And now you know what it's like to be a Trump supporter.

I hate Trump and won't vote for him, but I almost want him to win just so Hillary can lose to such a novice blowhard. But Trump would be a disaster as president, so I don't actually hope he will win.

Bolded is why this election cycle is so interesting/frightening/compelling/unique etc etc.
They are both such horrible candidates you want them both to lose and dont want either of them to win.

I'd like it to be so, but they are masters of lies and deception. I don't put it past them, their ability to just ail through something like this.

They will put the sails up, and loudly call out a course heading. But finding a crew to fully man the ship is going to be far harder today when people are far less inclined to unquestioningly submit and follow the orders of "captains"- whether they are politicians or pastors.

Its pretty easy to see whats up. The democrats (no...not juts DWS...THE DEMOCRATS) as a party knew who they wanted. They knew what they wanted. No one is upset that it happened...they are upset that they were exposed. And how is Hillary going to do anything BUT keep her on her team? What is she supposed to do...feign shock? Outrage?

With the latest tinfoil-hat claim that Russia is a part of the Trump campaign........

The Hillary campaign just went into a final death spiral.

Bon Voyage.

Bolded is why this election cycle is so interesting/frightening/compelling/unique etc etc.
They are both such horrible candidates you want them both to lose and dont want either of them to win.

That's why I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

They will put the sails up, and loudly call out a course heading. But finding a crew to fully man the ship is going to be far harder today when people are far less inclined to unquestioningly submit and follow the orders of "captains"- whether they are politicians or pastors.

The Clintons are well connected. You do them a solid, they'll help you out. You go against them, they never forget a name. I think there will be plenty who will still "man the ship" as it were because they will get political payouts in the end.

I also fall on the pro-life side, but that debate is settled. The SCOTUS ruled, it's over.

SCOTUS ruled that Slavery was universally accepted within the United States, too. That debate isn't over until we extend human rights in this country to every human in it.

There's some wiggle space, but even that's being settled court side. The President will never have the power to significantly erode abortion.

The President will appoint Judges, and helps to shape the common debate.

Additionally, it's a moral question. Can you vote for someone who violates your core ethics? If someone wanted to shrink the power, scope, and size of government, but wanted (for example) to re-legalize slavery and child-rape, could you put your name next to that platform, regardless of their ability to effect those changes within the next 4 years?

That being the case, Johnson is the closest to my political platform, he was governor so he has actual Executive experience, he's not a Republocrat and he actually likes the Constitution.

:) Unless you claim a First Amendment Right to Religious Liberty or Association. But more so than the two mainstream Party folks, absolutely.

AND they built a wall! To keep Bernie supporters away! They should make Bernie pay for it!

You can't make this stuff up!

And BO had such compelling qualifications?

I suspect you voted for BO because 'he wasn't with him <George W./McCain>'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom