• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are we being punked?

:) Unless you claim a First Amendment Right to Religious Liberty or Association. But more so than the two mainstream Party folks, absolutely.

I hadn't noted that he had any policy that was caustic to the individual's right to religious liberty and expression.

The Clintons are well connected. You do them a solid, they'll help you out. You go against them, they never forget a name. I think there will be plenty who will still "man the ship" as it were because they will get political payouts in the end.

It might come down to whether the ship can sail with a full complement of officers (those willing to sign on for political pay outs) but with a noticeable shortage of ordinary crew men (rank and file Bernie supporters).

Though navigation officers can also serve as helmsmen, and engineering officers can also perform preventive maintenance checks on machinery, if the shortage of ordinary crew members is too severe, the officers wont be able to compensate. Instead, they will just exhaust themselves trying to do their job, and everybody else's job. My bet is that this is exactly what happens during this election.

It might come down to whether the ship can sail with a full complement of officers (those willing to sign on for political pay outs) but with a noticeable shortage of ordinary crew men (rank and file Bernie supporters).

Though navigation officers can also serve as helmsmen, and engineering officers can also perform preventive maintenance checks on machinery, if the shortage of ordinary crew members is too severe, the officers wont be able to compensate. Instead, they will just exhaust themselves trying to do their job, and everybody else's job. My bet is that this is exactly what happens during this election.

If Trump can man a "full crew", so will Hillary. There is no shortage of people in politics looking to do a Clinton a favor.

Hillary isn't going to hang DWS out to dry. She may do that to middle management types but not to the Democratic elite. The Clintons use the carrot AND the stick. Sure, if you go against them they will punish you when the opportunity arises. But if you help them they will reward you as well.

It is one of the reason the super delegates would never have voted for Bernie. If they voted for or against Bernie and Bernie became President it wouldn't matter. Bernie doesn't hold grudges nor would he reward the Super Delegate for the vote. A vote for or against Hillary has actual repercussions for them.

The other reason that the DNC super delegates went with Clinton was that she was a Democrat. Imagine that. Democrats supporting other Democrats. What is this world coming to? This whole thing is a non-issue and Sanders will not fall for it. He knew going in that he would not be getting support from the DNC and never even tried to obtain it. Why would he? He was running as "anti-establishment" wasn't he? His lack of DNC support only helped him with independents.

Last edited:
If Trump can man a "full crew", so will Hillary. There is no shortage of people in politics looking to do a Clinton a favor.

LOL Trumps "crew" consists of family, paid employees and no one else.

Honestly, what the heck is going on?

Debbie Wasserman Schultz did nothing wrong, the democratic party can nominate whoever it wants too, if you dont like it then vote for someone else.

And BO had such compelling qualifications?

I suspect you voted for BO because 'he wasn't with him <George W./McCain>'.

You suspect wrong, I didn't vote for BO.
However BO does look good compared to these two clowns, mind you so would a head of cabbage.

Trump has a different enlistment issue.

At the end of the day, Trump's victory represents a democratic nomination process. Thus, Trump does not have Hillary's transparency issue. Also the crewmembers that Hillary alienated (rank and file Bernie supporters) are young, media awareness types who are more prone to walk in the face of a rigged nomination process.

In short, Hillary alienated the wrong crewmembers, at the wrong time and for the wrong reason. Trump may have an officer shortage after Romney's call for mutiny and Cruz's failure to sign on, but he does not have a rank and file crew shortage. My bet is that Trump can hire new officers easier than Hillary can find new rank and file crew.

Last edited:
This is what is going on, sadly:

"Two egotistical, narcissistic, highly empowered individuals whose power has largely placed them above the law and outside the normal boundaries of society, are seizing the Presidency through their power, without regard for the law, citizens, voters, or anyone or anything else - because they can."

:(

Debbie Wasserman Schultz did nothing wrong, the democratic party can nominate whoever it wants too, if you dont like it then vote for someone else.

We already know this

Dukakis
Kerry
Gore

The DNC has an innate ability to snatch defeat from the certain jaws of victory

Trump has a different enlistment issue.

At the end of the day, Trump's victory represents a democratic nomination process. Thus, Trump does not have Hillary's transparency issue. Also the crewmembers that Hillary alienated (rank and file Bernie supporters) are young, media awareness types who are more prone to walk in the face of a rigged nomination process.

In short, Hillary alienated the wrong crewmembers, at the wrong time and for the wrong reason. Trump may have an officer shortage after Romney's call for mutiny and Cruz's failure to sign on, but he does not have a rank and file crew shortage. My bet is that Trump can hire new officers easier than Hillary can find new rank and file crew.
This is a pretty good post! :thumbs:

I'm on the fence with it. As a Pro-Lifer, asking me to vote for someone whom I like except that he's in favor of murdering children is a pretty hard leap. But yeah, third party is definitely going to happen - it's just a question of which one.

How pro life are you? How many people will die from the wars and terrorism Donald will inspire?

How pro life are you? How many people will die from the wars and terrorism Donald will inspire?

Voting for Donald Trump isn't an option, either.

Very true. The Democratic Party is a private group and has no legal obligation to maintain a fair internal decision making process.

Can (as in being unfair), however, does not mean "should". People have come to expect transparency and fairness in all things. That goes double for young, educated, and media savy Bernie supporters for whom questioning institutional authority comes natural.

Unfair elders running rigged processes for either national level politics or local, say unions or churches do not have the unquestionable loyalty from the rank and file that they used to have in past generations. Instant access media also make rigged processes very apparent.

In being blatantly and unapologetically unfair, the Democratic leadership has alienated the wrong people at the wrong time. It is going to cost them.

This is a pretty good post! :thumbs:

Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
I've seen this come up a few times now. I though it sounded too outrageous to be true at first, but now...I don't know. It's being reported by several places, though CNN and Fox don't have a standalone article about it yet.

If this is for reals...then it's pretty much Hillary thumbing her nose at everyone, from Sander's supporters to the DNC itself. I don't think it's necessairly outside the bounds of what Hillary would do, but to do so right away just shows that this woman was 100% in Hillary's pocket the entire time.

Though in the end, I don't think Hillary gives a ****. The Clintons have gotten away with everything they've ever done, and if this story is true it will just go to show that they think themselves untouchable.

I hate Trump and won't vote for him, but I almost want him to win just so Hillary can lose to such a novice blowhard. But Trump would be a disaster as president, so I don't actually hope he will win.

It may be that either the DNC or DWS has something on Clinton and they are using it to force her into this choice.

You suspect wrong, I didn't vote for BO.
However BO does look good compared to these two clowns, mind you so would a head of cabbage.
You know, you might be right.

The GOP have been beating on Obama for eight long years, but they might wish for the 'good old days' when Hillary or Donald have the bully-pulpit and EO pen! :lamo

It may be that either the DNC or DWS has something on Clinton and they are using it to force her into this choice.
I actually suspect the *all* have a *lot* on *each other*! :lamo

...maybe. I can definitely buy that the Clintons have more skeletons than a cemetery. However, essentially blakmailing a Clinton...I don't know. I don't know if you win at that or not. I suppose it's possible, but these guys have been around for decades and have lied and cheated their way through all of it. I'd think they were pros at handling possible blackmail.

I think more likely is that this was supposed to be Hillary's turn, that the DNC gets a good party player in office and DWS and others will be taken care of on the other side.

Regardless, the whole thing smacks of corruption and deception.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz may be stepping down as Democratic National Committee chair after this week's party convention, but that doesn't mean she'll be far away: Hillary Clinton announced Sunday she'll be an "honorary" part of her campaign.

"There's simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie," Clinton said in a statement, thanking her "longtime friend" for her committee leadership, reports NPR.

Clinton also announced in her statement that Schultz will now become an honorary chair of her campaign's "50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country. In addition, Clinton will help with Schultz's re-election campaign in Florida, her statement said.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com Debbie Wasserman Schultz to Campaign for Clinton Nationwide
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!

Oh Maggie, it's just the Democratic dirty finally making it's way to the bright light, floating to the top now for all to see. Realistically, it was there all along, just hidden, on purpose.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz may be stepping down as Democratic National Committee chair after this week's party convention, but that doesn't mean she'll be far away: Hillary Clinton announced Sunday she'll be an "honorary" part of her campaign.

"There's simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie," Clinton said in a statement, thanking her "longtime friend" for her committee leadership, reports NPR.

Clinton also announced in her statement that Schultz will now become an honorary chair of her campaign's "50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country. In addition, Clinton will help with Schultz's re-election campaign in Florida, her statement said.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com Debbie Wasserman Schultz to Campaign for Clinton Nationwide

Not punked by any stretch. The Democrats have a long history of rewarding corruption so this really isn't anything new.

Debbie got busted being a dirty dealing henchman for Hillary and Hillary is going to make sure she is rewarded for it.

Not punked by any stretch. The Democrats have a long history of rewarding corruption so this really isn't anything new.

What a useless and blindly partisan contribution.

Debbie got busted being a dirty dealing henchman for Hillary and Hillary is going to make sure she is rewarded for it.

No, Hillary is a lot of things but not stupid. She knows with each word out of Debbie Washingmachines mouth another Bernie supporter won't show up.
Just like not picking the moonbat known as Elizabeth Warren, The Clinton campaign calculates out months ahead of any moves.

Back
Top Bottom