• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are They Lying Butt Holes or Incompetent Clowns?

code1211

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
According to this story from MSN, "The 50 former intelligence officials who signed a letter suggesting Russia was involved with the Hunter Biden laptop saga, are now silent regarding the lies they told.

If they were not lying, they are incompetent clowns.

If they were lying, they were complicit in rigging the election and allowing the criminally involved, incompetent and feckless Biden to win.

By extension, we can pin the responsibility for every victim of the current Russian invasion on them.

Our spies are criminal. The only question is whether they are criminally incompetent or criminally corrupt and dishonest.

Which is it? My guess? All of the above.

According to this story from MSN, "The 50 former intelligence officials who signed a letter suggesting Russia was involved with the Hunter Biden laptop saga, are now silent regarding the lies they told.

If they were lying, they were complicit in rigging the election and allowing the criminally involved, incompetent and feckless Biden to win.

By extension, we can pin the responsibility for every victim of the current Russian invasion on them.

Our spies are criminal. The only question is whether they are criminally incompetent or criminally corrupt and dishonest.

Among those to sign their name to the letter were Obama CIA Director John Brennan, Obama Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former George W. Bush CIA Director Michael Hayden, former Obama CIA Director Leon Panetta, and former Obama acting CIA Director Mike Morell, none of whom responded to the Washington Examiner's questions. Glenn Gerstell, former National Security Agency general counsel, declined to comment. The vast majority of the other signatories did not provide on-the-record responses.

Russ Travers, former acting director of the National Counterterrorism Center, did not answer the Washington Examiner's questions but said “the general subject of Russian disinformation is hugely important” and provided a short statement that did not mention Hunter Biden or his laptop.

“As someone who spent 40+ years in intelligence — 20 of which on the Soviet/Russian target — I’ve watched their disinformation efforts and I both was/remain very concerned at how successful they’ve been,” Travers said. "I’d suggest you do three things: read the letter very closely — the author picked his words carefully; consider the bipartisan conclusions of experts regarding exactly what the Russians were doing at the time; and perhaps talk to some former Intel types that worked Russian disinformation. And then draw your own conclusions.”

In questions to the former officials, the Washington Examiner noted that the allegations in their letter were publicly disputed by then-Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, that an independent forensic analysis has reportedly found no sign the messages and images from the laptop are not real, that the recent intelligence community report on foreign influence in the 2020 election released by Biden’s top spy office made no mention of the laptop story, and that Hunter Biden has never directly disputed the authenticity of a single piece of data from the laptop.

Marc Polymeropoulos, a former senior operations officer for the CIA, told the Washington Examiner: “The key point I would clearly reinforce is that we never stated that the laptop issue was a Russian 'disinformation’ operation, but rather that it had all the hallmarks of a Russian ‘information' operation. There is a very big difference in the intelligence world.”

Polymeropoulos added: “I can’t comment on how or why the media characterized the letter, as I was only involved in drafting the letter. I’d also prefer to refrain from comment on how the Biden campaign used the letter, other than point once again to the actual content of the letter as reflecting my professional view.”

Polymeropoulos also referenced an interview he gave to National Review in December, after it was made public that Hunter Biden was under federal investigation. He told that outlet that he and Morell “basically wrote” the letter and that “if I thought I was wrong, I’d say I was wrong.”

UNTIL there is indisputable hard evidence why not drop this story that appears to have no legs/

You lame conservatives keep bringing up Hillary as if there is something. Which there is not so
you keep taking up space with blah blah blah.

All of them are partisan hacks telling a political fable to support the narrative going around at the time. I’m sure plenty of people will wander in to hand wave away the lies.

UNTIL there is indisputable hard evidence why not drop this story that appears to have no legs/

You lame conservatives keep bringing up Hillary as if there is something. Which there is not so
you keep taking up space with blah blah blah.
They won't because its all they got to try to offset the deficits piling up for supporting Mass Murderer Putin....HUNTER and his laptop. Pretty sad.

Among those to sign their name to the letter were Obama CIA Director John Brennan, Obama Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former George W. Bush CIA Director Michael Hayden, former Obama CIA Director Leon Panetta,

The four-headed snake.

They won't because its all they got to try to offset the deficits piling up for supporting Mass Murderer Putin....HUNTER and his laptop. Pretty sad.

Nobody is supporting Putin except your straw man army.

Yet this story has hard evidence yet conservative radicals pretend it does not ??????? Not only is Putin killing innocent men, women and children Trump and the GOP have been doing it for years.

All of Trump's Lies About the Coronavirus - The Atlantic​

https://www.theatlantic.com › archive › 2020/11 › trum...

Nov 2, 2020 — Updated at 2:20 p.m. ET on November 2, 2020. President Donald Trump has repeatedly lied about the coronavirus pandemic and the country's ...

“Yippee!!!”: Emails Show Trump Appointees Celebrating Lying ...
https://www.vanityfair.com › News › donald trump

Apr 9, 2021 — Former Trump campaign official Michael Caputo arrives at the Hart Senate Office building to be interviewed. By Mark Wilson/Getty Images.

Trump's Covid lies were a tragedy. Were they also a crime?
https://www.msnbc.com › opinion › trump-s-covid-lies-...

Jan 27, 2021 — Trump's lies about Covid very likely killed Americans. Where's the accountability? ... Holding former President Donald Trump accountable must go ...

Trump Tells Woodward He Deliberately Downplayed ... - NPR​

https://www.npr.org › 2020/09/10 › trump-tells-woodwar...

Sep 10, 2020 — A new book by Bob Woodward reveals that President Trump thought the threat posed by the coronavirus was much worse than what he revealed ..

Yet this story has hard evidence yet conservative radicals pretend it does not ??????? Not only is Putin killing innocent men, women and children Trump and the GOP have been doing it for years.

All of Trump's Lies About the Coronavirus - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com › archive › 2020/11 › trum...
Nov 2, 2020 — Updated at 2:20 p.m. ET on November 2, 2020. President Donald Trump has repeatedly lied about the coronavirus pandemic and the country's ...
“Yippee!!!”: Emails Show Trump Appointees Celebrating Lying ...
https://www.vanityfair.com › News › donald trump
Apr 9, 2021 — Former Trump campaign official Michael Caputo arrives at the Hart Senate Office building to be interviewed. By Mark Wilson/Getty Images.

Trump's Covid lies were a tragedy. Were they also a crime?
https://www.msnbc.com › opinion › trump-s-covid-lies-...
Jan 27, 2021 — Trump's lies about Covid very likely killed Americans. Where's the accountability? ... Holding former President Donald Trump accountable must go ...

Trump Tells Woodward He Deliberately Downplayed ... - NPR

https://www.npr.org › 2020/09/10 › trump-tells-woodwar...
Sep 10, 2020 — A new book by Bob Woodward reveals that President Trump thought the threat posed by the coronavirus was much worse than what he revealed ..
Nice attempt at distraction. Did it work? Are you distracted now?

Lie of the Year: The Downplay and Denial of the Coronavirus​

https://khn.org › news › article › lie-of-the-year-the-do...

Dec 16, 2020 — Lies infected America in 2020. The very worst were not just damaging, but deadly. President Donald Trump fueled confusion and conspiracies from ...

Don't Be Shocked Trump Lied About COVID On Tape ... - WBUR​

https://www.wbur.org › cognoscenti › 2020/09/09 › wo...

Sep 9, 2020 — In newly released interviews with journalist Bob Woodward, the president admits he tried to play down the deadliness of the coronavirus.

Trump lied about science​

https://www.science.org › doi › science.abe7391

by HH Thorp · 2020 · Cited by 11 — When President Donald Trump began talking to the public about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in February and March, scientists were ...

Science editor says Trump 'flat-out lied' about COVID-19 ...​

https://thehill.com › policy › healthcare › 516089-scien...

Sep 11, 2020 — The editor of the leading academic journal Science wrote in an editorial published Friday that President Trump "flat-out lied" to the ...

Fact check: Trump lies that he didn't lie about the coronavirus​

https://www.cnn.com › 2020/09/10 › politics › trump-wo...

Sep 10, 2020 — President Donald Trump was asked directly on Thursday why he lied to the American people about the coronavirus pandemic.

Ummm...the intelligence community is not incompetent. They are very good at what they do.

The problem is what they are doing. They are using their government positions and power for corrupt political purposes. We've seen this happening over and over for more than a decade...and especially in the last six or seven years.

Obama set it up and nobody is willing to take it down.

WORLD / COUNTRIES / UNITED STATES
Last updated: March 18, 2022, 23:43 GMT

tn_us-flag.gif

United States​

Coronavirus Cases:​

Deaths:​

996,956 Look at this 996,956 humans in the USA have died. So it is most likely that Trump and the GOP have killed more than Putin thus far and still counting.

All I have to say is........Bill Brassky is a son of a bitch!

Wow this is is really unintelligent Trumper word salad.

The “story” came from the low rent propaganda rag, Washington Examiner.
F1DF5DF8-2214-468C-BC2C-8608C1435995.jpeg

Among those to sign their name to the letter were Obama CIA Director John Brennan, Obama Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former George W. Bush CIA Director Michael Hayden, former Obama CIA Director Leon Panetta, and former Obama acting CIA Director Mike Morell, none of whom responded to the Washington Examiner's questions. Glenn Gerstell, former National Security Agency general counsel, declined to comment. The vast majority of the other signatories did not provide on-the-record responses.

Russ Travers, former acting director of the National Counterterrorism Center, did not answer the Washington Examiner's questions but said “the general subject of Russian disinformation is hugely important” and provided a short statement that did not mention Hunter Biden or his laptop.

“As someone who spent 40+ years in intelligence — 20 of which on the Soviet/Russian target — I’ve watched their disinformation efforts and I both was/remain very concerned at how successful they’ve been,” Travers said. "I’d suggest you do three things: read the letter very closely — the author picked his words carefully; consider the bipartisan conclusions of experts regarding exactly what the Russians were doing at the time; and perhaps talk to some former Intel types that worked Russian disinformation. And then draw your own conclusions.”

In questions to the former officials, the Washington Examiner noted that the allegations in their letter were publicly disputed by then-Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, that an independent forensic analysis has reportedly found no sign the messages and images from the laptop are not real, that the recent intelligence community report on foreign influence in the 2020 election released by Biden’s top spy office made no mention of the laptop story, and that Hunter Biden has never directly disputed the authenticity of a single piece of data from the laptop.

Marc Polymeropoulos, a former senior operations officer for the CIA, told the Washington Examiner: “The key point I would clearly reinforce is that we never stated that the laptop issue was a Russian 'disinformation’ operation, but rather that it had all the hallmarks of a Russian ‘information' operation. There is a very big difference in the intelligence world.”

Polymeropoulos added: “I can’t comment on how or why the media characterized the letter, as I was only involved in drafting the letter. I’d also prefer to refrain from comment on how the Biden campaign used the letter, other than point once again to the actual content of the letter as reflecting my professional view.”

Polymeropoulos also referenced an interview he gave to National Review in December, after it was made public that Hunter Biden was under federal investigation. He told that outlet that he and Morell “basically wrote” the letter and that “if I thought I was wrong, I’d say I was wrong.”

Your defense of the indefensible is noted.

WHY DID THEY BOTHER TO ISSUE OR SIGN ANY LETTER AT ALL?

Your defense indicates they knew absolutely nothing about this in any concrete terms, but only wished to blow smoke and hide the issue.

Disgusting propagandists working hard to deceive the weak minded.

Ummm...the intelligence community is not incompetent. They are very good at what they do.

The problem is what they are doing. They are using their government positions and power for corrupt political purposes. We've seen this happening over and over for more than a decade...and especially in the last six or seven years.

Obama set it up and nobody is willing to take it down.

Trump wanted to take it down.

They got him before he got them. Their attacks on Trump continue to this day and the weak minded applaud their efforts.

We are looking at a modern day Pretorian Guard.

It's always amusing when Never Trumpers run into facts that proves their dogma is false.
Let me know when anyone that is not a Trumper gives a **** about Hunter Biden's laptop. Thanks.

I lean more toward the lying butthole theory.

Though I doubt they did anything criminal.

Washington Examiner article laundered under MSN news.

Nobody cared about this the first time. Nobody cares now. You can be hatin' on anyone you want. Get mad. Your saga is my smh. Get a new gig. Go back to the artwork. Something.

Back
Top Bottom