• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are these symptoms abnormal?

Are the symptoms listed below indicative of an abnormality?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(1) gross impairment in thought processes or communication;
(2) persistent delusions or hallucinations;
(3) grossly inappropriate behavior;
(4) persistent danger of hurting self or others;
(5) intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene);
(6) disorientation to time or place;
(7) memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.

Just curious.

certainly sound like it to me.

is this a real question, or is it going to be like "So you agree that bush is a mental deficient lolzx?"

RightatNYU said:
certainly sound like it to me.

is this a real question, or is it going to be like "So you agree that bush is a mental deficient lolzx?"

This has nothing to do with George Bush.

okay, then yea, those do sound like some pretty ominous symptoms that are indicative of a need for medical attention.

Ah, good to see you've done your homework. You took those symptoms right out of your handy dandy PTSD handbook. Good on you.

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
Ah, good to see you've done your homework. You took those symptoms right out of your handy dandy PTSD handbook. Good on you.

KidTim

First, these symptoms are not solely related to PTSD.

Second, I must remind myself that people who have symptoms like this are people whose opinions I should dismiss since their thought processes are impaired.

Not so fast.

These sound like just getting old.

Second, even the stupidest, most mentally impaired, congenital and pathological liar may say that water's wet. Donesn't mean it ain't so. However, I certainly wouldn't expect you to take his word for it w/o independent verification.

aps said:
First, these symptoms are not solely related to PTSD.

Second, I must remind myself that people who have symptoms like this are people whose opinions I should dismiss since their thought processes are impaired.

**What other genre of abnormal people would you classify those symptoms with? Not every thought process of an abnormal person is impaired. What would be impaired about PTSD combat veterans (such as some Vietnam veterans) in thinking that John Kerry is a traitor to them, as well as a traitor to America in general?

ptsdkid said:
**What other genre of abnormal people would you classify those symptoms with? Not every thought process of an abnormal person is impaired. What would be impaired about PTSD combat veterans (such as some Vietnam veterans) in thinking that John Kerry is a traitor to them, as well as a traitor to America in general?

All psychiatric disabilities could manifest with those symptoms. Tim, those are the level of severity of symptoms determined by VA to cause someone to be determined to be 100% disabling for any psychiatric disability.

Yep, we should politely ignore people exhibiting those symptoms. It wouldn't be courteous to point out that they're dribbling on themselves while babbling irrational nonsense.

aps said:
All psychiatric disabilities could manifest with those symptoms. Tim, those are the level of severity of symptoms determined by VA to cause someone to be determined to be 100% disabling for any psychiatric disability.

**I know those are the symptoms determined by the VA to cause someone to be 100% disabled. That's why I said you got them from your handy dandy VA source. I was asking what other medical genres had fit into this same VA category as with this PTSD acronym.

aps said:
All psychiatric disabilities could manifest with those symptoms.

What? No they couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom