• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are there any good forums to discuss personal issues?

When someone comes in here and spills his guts over a personal matter, it is rather disheartening to see another poster bring it up at a future date during a heated discussion. It's even worse when the offender is a mod.

It is very easy to find enemies online and it is hard to find friends. There is no privacy. Everything we say will be used against us.

Fortunately or unfortunately we can hardly imagine the level of harassment The Rich and Famous experience.

It is very easy to find enemies online and it is hard to find friends. There is no privacy. Everything we say will be used against us.

I tend to try not using as ammunition personal information people reveal about themselves. But, sometimes I fail. It usually comes out without thinking, and I tend to regret writing it immediately.

I tend to try not using as ammunition personal information people reveal about themselves. But, sometimes I fail. It usually comes out without thinking, and I tend to regret writing it immediately.

I can be mean when I am insulted first. But talking to friendly people is more rewarding and interesting then debating.

No, there aren't. Such things are best done in person with a wood working professional.

No, there aren't. Such things are best done in person with a wood working professional.

There are hundreds of thousands of people similar to me. Why is it so hard to find telephone friends?

There are hundreds of thousands of people similar to me. Why is it so hard to find telephone friends?

just speculating here, so recognize my opinion is only worth what you paid for it

could be that most in your cohort are MUCH more interested in talking than listening

I honestly don't know. The more our society thinks it has advanced, the further apart we become. After my divorce I lived in a nice apartment complex for a year. Nobody there knew anybody else there, and they had no interest in doing so. I never saw my neighbors, much less talked to them. I'm a rather quiet person, but even for me that was unusual. The only person I talked to at that place was a fellow who tried to commit suicide by slashing his wrists. I found him because blood was running from under his door. I put two tourniquets on him and called 911. He came by later to thank me. That's it.

just speculating here, so recognize my opinion is only worth what you paid for it

could be that most in your cohort are MUCH more interested in talking than listening

I do not think so. The problem is that there is no developed system of finding personal friends online. Finding a date is much easier.

I honestly don't know. The more our society thinks it has advanced, the further apart we become. After my divorce I lived in a nice apartment complex for a year. Nobody there knew anybody else there, and they had no interest in doing so. I never saw my neighbors, much less talked to them. I'm a rather quiet person, but even for me that was unusual. The only person I talked to at that place was a fellow who tried to commit suicide by slashing his wrists. I found him because blood was running from under his door. I put two tourniquets on him and called 911. He came by later to thank me. That's it.

You have saved a life -- congratulations!

I've never understood the urge some people have to talk endlessly about personal issues with total strangers.

Support group and advise. Some websites even have crisis counseling, but they tend to be message boards operated by foundations, not simply a bunch of keyboard warriors. I think the OP should look at boards designed for the specific needs he is looking for, and possibility identify some of the foundations working in those areas.

Support group and advise. Some websites even have crisis counseling, but they tend to be message boards operated by foundations, not simply a bunch of keyboard warriors. I think the OP should look at boards designed for the specific needs he is looking for, and possibility identify some of the foundations working in those areas.

Thanks. Mostly I just lack friends due to the lack of transportation.

A website for finding friends similar to a dating site would be much better.

Thanks. Mostly I just lack friends due to the lack of transportation.

A website for finding friends similar to a dating site would be much better.

I used to volunteer for online crisis counseling at RAINN. I don't know of other foundations for other issues, but I know they are out there. RAINN was very helpful and had support message boards. A lot of people said positive things about the online support format, so I know it exists. I hope you find what you need.

I for years helped CSA (Childhood Sexual Abuse) survivors and their often suffering mates (something I used to be) online. A lot of them were nowhere nears able to handle a place like DP, they need very restricted safe places.

I have done that too. CSA, RAINN, etc. :peace

I used to volunteer for online crisis counseling at RAINN. I don't know of other foundations for other issues, but I know they are out there. RAINN was very helpful and had support message boards. A lot of people said positive things about the online support format, so I know it exists. I hope you find what you need.

Great work. I am not in crisis -- I am looking for social circles like I had in high school.

The paradox is that there are hundreds of thousands of people in USA who hold views similar to mine and have very similar life experiences. And yet finding telephone friends is very hard.

Back
Top Bottom