• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are the Media Gaslighting the USA?

Are the Media Gaslighting the USA?
Do you mean Fox News, OANN, Breitbart, Limbaugh, and the rest of the right wing media? Then yes.

Do you mean the mainstream media? Nope.

Currently we are being "gaslighted" by the MSM, which has "called" the election for Joe Biden.
:rolleyes:

I'm sure you've been told by now, but: The media only called the election based on the states calling the election.

Hilariously enough, the only major news outlet that probably called a state way too soon was Fox News, which called Arizona for Biden. It turned out they were right, but they probably should have waited another day or so.

Oh, and guess what? In pretty much every previous election, including 2016, the media called the election pretty much on election night. Republicans only throw a rod over election calls when they lose.

This despite the fact that there have been challenges in six or seven States regarding the voting results...
Maybe it's wrong of me to say this, but I think it's time for people to shut the f*** up about the cases.

Pretty much every case the Trump campaign is bringing is bogus and meritless. They don't have any evidence. Officials in almost every state have stated that there was no fraud. Almost none of the cases identified any fraud anyway -- most of them are attacks on mail-in ballots.

The cases aren't real. The lawyers know they aren't going to win. They're just filing them to satisfy Dear Leader, and keep the base whipped up for a few more weeks.

Moreover, doesn't anyone also recall that in 2000 Al Gore (whom I voted for) did not concede the election until 12/13/2000?
Yes, we remember. However, Gore didn't spend months falsely claiming there was fraud. The problem in Florida, since you already forgot, was over Florida's counting a handful of ballots.

Oh, and the media didn't call the election for Gore early. What a concept.

It's pretty obvious that Trump knew he was going to lose, and since he is utterly stuck in the past, has this fantasy that he can get a repeat of 2000, and convince "his" SCOTUS justices to make him President. Apparently, no one bothered to tell him how our electoral system actually works.

Currently we have issues with six or seven State results.
No, we really don't. We have bullshit meritless cases in 6 or 7 states.

For example, one of the PA cases was about ballots postmarked before or on Election Day, that arrived before November 6th. The courts already determined that due to USPS delays, they would accept those as legitimate votes (and many other states allowed them). They were already set aside, and haven't been counted yet. However, even if every single one of those ballots was cast for Trump, he'd still lose Pennsylvania.

The other case is an absurd and meritless case which is trying to invalidate all mail-in ballots, even though this has been thoroughly litigated in the past. It's not going anywhere.

The REAL gaslighting here isn't from the media. It's Trump and the right-wing media. They are trying to convince everyone that he "really" won the election that he lost; that COVID is going away when it is actually getting worse; that up is down, and left is right.

And you're falling for it. Quite sad.

DERP

The irony of tossing the RUSSIA conspiracy theory in is just TOO PRECIOUS...
It's not a "theory" and never was. You have been complicit with our mortal enemies and your ancestors are spinning in their graves. It will forever be a stain on your name that you can't wash off.
trump-putin-helsinki.jpg

I'd say the media aren't gaslighting anyone. You have to be smarter than someone to gaslight them no? I rest my case.

Yep, I'd agree.

I've referred to the DNCCP media as "little Goebbels" for years. But in a way that's insulting, to Joseph Goebbels. Our democrat party stenographers are clumsy buffoons more akin to Baghdad Bob with blatant lies and coverage that can only be described as pathological.. No one believes these moron demagogues, not even the left. Oh, the left supports them, but all sides know that the party propaganda are filthy vermin and pathological liars.

Let's first define the term:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/gaslighting

That is the basic definition when applied to a specific case. I suggest that this applies to our entire society when practiced by the class of political and wealthy elite insiders known colloquially as "The Swamp" who control the Main Stream Media, Big Tech, and government agencies. Especially when acting in conjunction to persuade the general population that down is up, and vice versa.

For example, here are a couple of interesting articles on the subject:

Currently we are being "gaslighted" by the MSM, which has "called" the election for Joe Biden. This despite the fact that there have been challenges in six or seven States regarding the voting results...AND that as of today (11/11/20) NONE of the results have been certified.

Ladies and gentlemen, the MSM does not decide who wins. NO, that is done by election rules and starts only after each State's voting tallies have been certified. Even then, it remains for the Electoral College to actually VOTE. BTW, anyone recall all those efforts back in 2016 to encourage unfaithful electors?

Moreover, doesn't anyone also recall that in 2000 Al Gore (whom I voted for) did not concede the election until 12/13/2000? That was with only one state in question. Currently we have issues with six or seven State results.

Or that several Democrat leaders "advised" Mr. Biden prior to this election NOT to concede (some stating under any circumstances) if the vote went Trump's way?

Yet now we are being told in no uncertain terms that Joe Biden has won this election, and that anyone who disagrees is either blinded by partisanship, or just "a crazy person."

The MSM is not telling us the truth. They haven't been doing so for years. The fact that so many people have bought into the never-ending gaslighting efforts appalls me.

My own support of President Trump came slowly over time back in 2016, as I personally reviewed the MSM allegations of racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc.. Simply go back to that period in the Forum and you will find how I personally debunked 90% of those reports as misinformation/disinformation efforts.

This has not stopped since. Studies provided in the past have shown the MSM has lied, misrepresented, and otherwise been deceiving the general public more often and to greater effect than ever before. Just look to the examples of the Covington Kids, and more recently the assertion of "mostly peaceful protests." That last trying to conflate tiny, unreported gatherings in small towns as a balance to the massive violence occurring day and night in major cities around the nation.

Wake up to the truth folks, we are still being gaslighted on a major scale regarding this election. Why? IMO because if it turns out that Trump actually won, it would lead to such violence that our nation might never recover.
Your entire post is gaslighting.

It's not a "theory" and never was. You are complicit with our enemies and your ancestors are spinning in their graves. It will forever be a stain on your name.

Ohh, if you JUST LIE HARDER you can too uh huh change reality...

{
For that reason, this Offices focus in resolving the question of joint criminal liability was
on conspiracy as de?ned in federal law, not the commonly discussed term ?collusion.? The Of?ce
considered in particular whether contacts between Trump Campaign of?cials and Russia-linked
individuals could trigger liability for the crime of conspiracy?either under statutes that have their
own conspiracy language 18 U.S.C. 1349, l951(a)), or under the general conspiracy
statute (l 8 U.S.C. 371). The investigation did not establish that the contacts described in Volume
1, Section IV, supra, amounted to an agreement to commit any substantive violation of federal
criminal law?including foreign-in?uence and campaign-?nance laws, both of which are
discussed further below. The Of?ce therefore did not charge any individual associated with the
Trump Campaign with conspiracy to commit a federal offense arising from Russia contacts, either
under a speci?c statute or under Section 371 ?s offenses clause.

The Of?ce also did not charge any campaign of?cial or associate with a conspiracy under
Section 371 ?s defraud clause. That clause criminalizes participating in an agreement to obstruct a
lawful function of the US. government or its agencies through deceitful or dishonest means. See
Dennis v. United States, 384 US. 855, 861 (1966); v. United States, 265 U.S.
182, 188 (1924); see also United States v. Consulting LLC, 347 F. Supp. 3d 38,
46 (BBC. 2018). The investigation did not establish any agreement among Campaign of?cials?
or between such of?cials and Russia-linked individuals?to interfere with or obstruct a lawful
function of a government agency during the campaign or transition period. And, as discussed in
Volume 1, Section V.A, supra, the investigation did not identify evidence that any Campaign
of?cial or associate knowingly and intentionally participated in the conspiracy to defraud that the
Of?ce charged, namely, the active-measures conspiracy described in Volume 1, Section II, supra.
Accordingly, the Of?ce did not charge any Campaign associate or other US. person with
conspiracy to defraud the United States based on the Russia-related contacts described in Section
IV above.
}

Actually, the gaslighting IS working...because YOU believe it.

As exemplified by your attempt to dismiss via ad hominem sarcastic ridicule the points in the OP.
You don't get to appropriate the term that defined trump's presidency tto defend trump's obvious intent to defy the will of the American people by gaslighting his supporters that it wasn't actually the will of the people.

And pulling some really weird shit at the pentagon.

It is never going to fly with any but the gaslighted.

Ah, but you trust the Communist party absolutely?

Relevance?

Can you explain why these supposedly bombshell revelations are being throw out of court, or is that just our commie pinko judges?

Or why their rhetoric to the the public (on evil MSM) differs so wildly from what they are failing to do in court?

If it's a massive conspiracy, there should be ample evidence now or very soon.

If you bozos can't find it (and it's real) you have no business in power.

However, as a silver lining we'll have more competent folks in power soon.

So we have that going for us... which is nice.

Yep, I'd agree.

I've referred to the DNCCP media as "little Goebbels" for years. But in a way that's insulting, to Joseph Goebbels. Our democrat party stenographers are clumsy buffoons more akin to Baghdad Bob with blatant lies and coverage that can only be described as pathological.. No one believes these moron demagogues, not even the left. Oh, the left supports them, but all sides know that the party propaganda are filthy vermin and pathological liars.
OK.

Goebbels is famous for perfecting the Big Lie technique. You know, where you tell your supporters for months that the only way you can lose is by fraud. For months. Tell a lie so big nobody would dare tell it and then repeat it from as many directions as you can arrange because that makes it "true" to you target audience. No evidence required.

And here you are, convinced that fraud occurred because he lost.

Hell, they got you all so programmed all they need to do to get you to hate something is include it in a list of things you've already been conditioned to hate and your hatred will attach to the new thing, with no proof necessary.

I chuckle a little bit every time y'all throw "Goebbels" out there.

Yep, I'd agree.

America's best days have passed. That being said our riches with only 25% at best carrying the load was never going to work . I can see that clear as day and I don't even have a bachelors degree.

Ohh, if you JUST LIE HARDER you can too uh huh change reality...

{
For that reason, this Offices focus in resolving the question of joint criminal liability was
on conspiracy as de?ned in federal law, not the commonly discussed term ?collusion.? The Of?ce
considered in particular whether contacts between Trump Campaign of?cials and Russia-linked
individuals could trigger liability for the crime of conspiracy?either under statutes that have their
own conspiracy language 18 U.S.C. 1349, l951(a)), or under the general conspiracy
statute (l 8 U.S.C. 371). The investigation did not establish that the contacts described in Volume
1, Section IV, supra, amounted to an agreement to commit any substantive violation of federal
criminal law?including foreign-in?uence and campaign-?nance laws, both of which are
discussed further below. The Of?ce therefore did not charge any individual associated with the
Trump Campaign with conspiracy to commit a federal offense arising from Russia contacts, either
under a speci?c statute or under Section 371 ?s offenses clause.

The Of?ce also did not charge any campaign of?cial or associate with a conspiracy under
Section 371 ?s defraud clause. That clause criminalizes participating in an agreement to obstruct a
lawful function of the US. government or its agencies through deceitful or dishonest means. See
Dennis v. United States, 384 US. 855, 861 (1966); v. United States, 265 U.S.
182, 188 (1924); see also United States v. Consulting LLC, 347 F. Supp. 3d 38,
46 (BBC. 2018). The investigation did not establish any agreement among Campaign of?cials?
or between such of?cials and Russia-linked individuals?to interfere with or obstruct a lawful
function of a government agency during the campaign or transition period. And, as discussed in
Volume 1, Section V.A, supra, the investigation did not identify evidence that any Campaign
of?cial or associate knowingly and intentionally participated in the conspiracy to defraud that the
Of?ce charged, namely, the active-measures conspiracy described in Volume 1, Section II, supra.
Accordingly, the Of?ce did not charge any Campaign associate or other US. person with
conspiracy to defraud the United States based on the Russia-related contacts described in Section
IV above.
}
You do know that the bipartisan Senate report on Russian interference verified Mullers evidence that Mr. One and done's campaign manager gave internal campaign polling data to a Russian agent. That is colluding with Russia for help in the election. You are complicit with that too by your support of that traitor. Sorry but there is no other way to see it. You can spend the rest of your life apologizing and it won't help.

(Sigh) Now it's all about me, and not the OP?

Out of mutual respect, I'll humor you briefly and point to this post:

and this one:

However, that has nothing to do with the OP.

In fact, as more and more information comes to light it may well result in either confirming Biden, or showing that Trump actually won.

My point is not to argue Trump DID win.

No, the OP is about Media gaslighting the public to convince us he already lost, and just accept it without further ado.

That there is "nothing to see here." Good defeated "evil."
trump ****ed up when he said the quiet part out loud in the first place.

It's not the first time he's done it.

A cannot believe any of you fell for the Big Lie that the only way he could lose was if democrats cheated.

Nothing in the numbers supports that position.

That is the basic definition when applied to a specific case. I suggest that this applies to our entire society when practiced by the class of political and wealthy elite insiders known colloquially as "The Swamp" who control the Main Stream Media, Big Tech, and government agencies. Especially when acting in conjunction to persuade the general population that down is up, and vice versa.

Currently we are being "gaslighted" by the MSM, which has "called" the election for Joe Biden. This despite the fact that there have been challenges in six or seven States regarding the voting results...AND that as of today (11/11/20) NONE of the results have been certified.

Ladies and gentlemen, the MSM does not decide who wins. NO, that is done by election rules and starts only after each State's voting tallies have been certified. Even then, it remains for the Electoral College to actually VOTE. BTW, anyone recall all those efforts back in 2016 to encourage unfaithful electors?

Moreover, doesn't anyone also recall that in 2000 Al Gore (whom I voted for) did not concede the election until 12/13/2000? That was with only one state in question. Currently we have issues with six or seven State results.

Or that several Democrat leaders "advised" Mr. Biden prior to this election NOT to concede (some stating under any circumstances) if the vote went Trump's way?

Yet now we are being told in no uncertain terms that Joe Biden has won this election, and that anyone who disagrees is either blinded by partisanship, or just "a crazy person."

The MSM is not telling us the truth. They haven't been doing so for years. The fact that so many people have bought into the never-ending gaslighting efforts appalls me.

My own support of President Trump came slowly over time back in 2016, as I personally reviewed the MSM allegations of racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc.. Simply go back to that period in the Forum and you will find how I personally debunked 90% of those reports as misinformation/disinformation efforts.

This has not stopped since. Studies provided in the past have shown the MSM has lied, misrepresented, and otherwise been deceiving the general public more often and to greater effect than ever before. Just look to the examples of the Covington Kids, and more recently the assertion of "mostly peaceful protests." That last trying to conflate tiny, unreported gatherings in small towns as a balance to the massive violence occurring day and night in major cities around the nation.

Wake up to the truth folks, we are still being gaslighted on a major scale regarding this election. Why? IMO because if it turns out that Trump actually won, it would lead to such violence that our nation might never recover.
The media has lost all credibility; the word is now a synonym for “lying propagandist”. I’ve noticed over the past few days any story about the Trump’s claims of tampering our cheating is always preceded in MSM report by the phrase “with no evidence”. It’s like a universal mantra of the media talking heads. Of course there’s no EVIDENCE; evidence comes during and at the end of investigations into allegations, tips, anomalies, etc.

America's best days have passed. That being said our riches with only 25% at best carrying the load was never going to work . I can see that clear as day and I don't even have a bachelors degree.
Yes we know all you haters hate America and that was your attraction to Mr. One and done. He hates America as much as you. We stopped him from destroying it but you are free to find somewhere that suits you better. America's best days are ahead and you really don't want to be here to see it.

^^
The guy who wanted to defend Trump's response to the protests, so he claimed that photos and videos of law enforcement slashing tires was not "evidence" of law enforcement slashing tires.

:rolleyes:

At any rate, he has once again proven that a Trumpist's every accusation is an admission. He gaslights, pretending to decry gaslighting. The vile pig-bastard worshipped by CA has lost. But he's been dutifully been telling us for months that if Trump loses, it's because of fraud. So he does as he's much, and in the face of no evidence, in the face of 13 lawsuits being straight up dismissed - that means that even if everything in the complaints were true, they still do not state a claim for relief - he's going to tell us that really, Trump won. Invisible fraud he can't prove stole the election from him.

He wants to be believed saying the exact thing he spent months telling us he was going to say, despite the lack of evidence.
You might want to consider remove “little” from your avatar caption. You’re way beyond “little bitter”.

I don't know about "gaslighting", but a lot in the MSM are full of methane.

The media has lost all credibility; the word is now a synonym for “lying propagandist”. I’ve noticed over the past few days any story about the Trump’s claims of tampering our cheating is always preceded in MSM report by the phrase “with no evidence”. It’s like a universal mantra of the media talking heads. Of course there’s no EVIDENCE; evidence comes during and at the end of investigations into allegations, tips, anomalies, etc.
Funny how they do that........ there is no EVIDENCE?

Some wise words from Professor Turley
Jonathan Turley

@JonathanTurley

...The demand for clear evidence of systemic violations during the tabulation stage is bizarre. We would not necessarily have such evidence, which is largely held by election officials. As expected, we have a series of localized affidavits and allegations of intentional fraud...

Jonathan Turley

@JonathanTurley

...These initial allegations may or may not be indicative of a systemic problem. There is no reason to presume fraud or its absence before we look at the allegations, particularly with the addition of new sworn statements and evidence of software problems.

I think you're the one gaslighting, Cap'n... ;)

Trump promised to not accept the results of the election if he didn't win. He set the tone months ago. If he bitch routine is being met with steamrolling, that's why. The Democrats would know that any tomfoolery would be met with lawsuits, and heard by a supreme court that is a little stacked at the moment. What do you think their endgame is here, if they are coming from a place of fraud?

Occam's razor, my dude. Ya lost. Time to get over it...that's the advice you had for the liberals for the last four years. Are you going to follow it, or be as bad as you said they were?
He's definitely the one gaslighting. It's what he always does!

IMO you believe it is true because it supports your confirmation bias. 🤷‍♂️

NOTE: For the record I am not saying Trump HAS won, nor that Biden lost.

The point of the OP is that the MSM and Social Media are seeking to convince people to "lay down and accept what we've declared." This despite the fact the results STILL remain in question.

Where did the MSM get their information? Did they just manufacture it out of thin air? Why aren't there 40+ state election boards screaming bloody murder? If they didn't release their results to the media, who did?

Are they gaslighting us?
CNN-Headline-Fiery-2.png

You are being “gaslighted/gas lit” all right! It just isn’t who you think it is........

What if illegal votes that were already counted get discounted?
Then you will have succeeded in disenfranchising those eligible voters.

Who cast their votes in good faith according to the rules as they understood them when they cast them.

Punished by that disenfranchisement without commiting any crime.

It's all you got left. They couldn't suppress their votes so now they want to backdate that suppression.

You act like we haven't watched republicans suppress turnout wherever they can.

Like they looked at a list of how democrats vote in large numbers and set out to eliminate them wherever possible.

The republican party is dying. The smallest party at this point.

Cheating is their only recourse to avoid irrelevancy.

That challenge isn't based on even a whiff of impropriety, but picking nits over how they changed the law to adapt to COVID.

This what I was saying earlier. There is a YUGE (the best) gap between what the GOP are howling on television, and what they are squeaking at the judges. They are getting shut down in court based on providing no evidence, over and over. Your example is probably the best outcome they've managed.

Where are the cabals of vote switching genderqueers?!
A State Judge making changes to a Law is an unconstitutional impropriety.

Back
Top Bottom