• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are the Media Gaslighting the USA?

Yes, "deflection."

You assert without evidence how I "believe." Despite being provided with out examples in the OP, and the facts which show the election is NOT over yet. Sooo, ANOTHER deflection.

Try discussing the issue and not make it a "personal thing."

Otherwise? Tagline time. :coffee:
I have not claimed the election was over. Do try and fail less.

You only featured minimally in my post...sorry, that's my writing style, if I'm talking to you I'm talking to you. You asserted gaslighting, I am responding to that assertion...and yeah, I'm talking to you because I think you're incredibly important, in terms of being an intelligent conservative - something that is actually quite needed in America, and everywhere, as far as I'm concerned. Even my avatar speaks to my belief in balance.

In order to believe gaslighting is happening, you need to believe all of Trump's bullshit. If you believe that the Democrats and the media are acting too aggressively, you can only do so by ignoring Trump's efforts to invalidate and undermine the electoral process. I disagree that gaslighting is happening, because I don't participate in either of those conditions. If you need to strip away my conversational tone, to where that's all that's left, then do so.

Also...you don't need to prove to me that you're a good dude. I know.

Not true my friend.

I don't have to believe "all of Trump's" side of the story. I've NEVER done that, despite my defense of him when the story is being misrepresented.

One can find threads and posts where I voice my disagreement. Most recently here:

However, I AM wise to the MSM and Big Tech B.S. because I have been analyzing it here in this Forum for over 4 years.

My history of personal debunking such is available in the Forum starting mid-2016.

I am looking at the information about allegations of fraud which the MSM and Big Tach as suppressing. Much as with past polling, which was so radically off that IMHO it could only have been the result of attempts at voter suppression.

So until those problems with election results are full resolved, as with Al Gore in 2000? I will wait to see and NOT assume Trump has lost and Biden is truly "President-elect."

Non-sequitur. Attempt at deflection.

No one is discussing what a "President-elect" is, although a discussion might be had about "calling one" when the results are not fully confirmed.

This is about gaslighting, which is explained in the OP.

You said the media is gaslighting the people when they called the election for Joe Biden. I explained that the MSM is not gaslighting when they call Biden the president-elect. He is the president-elect because he appears to have conclusively won the election. No challenge to this is expected to succeed in court, and no evidence for widespread fraud has been presented.

So if Biden is the president-elect because he appears to have conclusively won the election, where is the gaslighting? No one is saying the outcome has been certified by the States or the electors.

Let's first define the term:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/gaslighting

That is the basic definition when applied to a specific case. I suggest that this applies to our entire society when practiced by the class of political and wealthy elite insiders known colloquially as "The Swamp" who control the Main Stream Media, Big Tech, and government agencies. Especially when acting in conjunction to persuade the general population that down is up, and vice versa.

For example, here are a couple of interesting articles on the subject:

Currently we are being "gaslighted" by the MSM, which has "called" the election for Joe Biden. This despite the fact that there have been challenges in six or seven States regarding the voting results...AND that as of today (11/11/20) NONE of the results have been certified.

Ladies and gentlemen, the MSM does not decide who wins. NO, that is done by election rules and starts only after each State's voting tallies have been certified. Even then, it remains for the Electoral College to actually VOTE. BTW, anyone recall all those efforts back in 2016 to encourage unfaithful electors?

Moreover, doesn't anyone also recall that in 2000 Al Gore (whom I voted for) did not concede the election until 12/13/2000? That was with only one state in question. Currently we have issues with six or seven State results.

Or that several Democrat leaders "advised" Mr. Biden prior to this election NOT to concede (some stating under any circumstances) if the vote went Trump's way?

Yet now we are being told in no uncertain terms that Joe Biden has won this election, and that anyone who disagrees is either blinded by partisanship, or just "a crazy person."

The MSM is not telling us the truth. They haven't been doing so for years. The fact that so many people have bought into the never-ending gaslighting efforts appalls me.

My own support of President Trump came slowly over time back in 2016, as I personally reviewed the MSM allegations of racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc.. Simply go back to that period in the Forum and you will find how I personally debunked 90% of those reports as misinformation/disinformation efforts.

This has not stopped since. Studies provided in the past have shown the MSM has lied, misrepresented, and otherwise been deceiving the general public more often and to greater effect than ever before. Just look to the examples of the Covington Kids, and more recently the assertion of "mostly peaceful protests." That last trying to conflate tiny, unreported gatherings in small towns as a balance to the massive violence occurring day and night in major cities around the nation.

Wake up to the truth folks, we are still being gaslighted on a major scale regarding this election. Why? IMO because if it turns out that Trump actually won, it would lead to such violence that our nation might never recover.

Yes, and they've been doing so for decades.

Media doesn't even bother with the pre-tense of fair, balanced, or unbiased reporting of fact anymore. What they're peddling now are openly partisan editorials, and those editorials skew something like 90% towards either the interests of the Democratic Party or those of the radical Left.

Not true my friend.

I don't have to believe "all of Trump's" side of the story. I've NEVER done that, despite my defense of him when the story is being misrepresented.

One can find threads and posts where I voice my disagreement. Most recently here:

However, I AM wise to the MSM and Big Tech B.S. because I have been analyzing it here in this Forum for over 4 years.

My history of personal debunking such is available in the Forum starting mid-2016.

I am looking at the information about allegations of fraud which the MSM and Big Tach as suppressing. Much as with past polling, which was so radically off that IMHO it could only have been the result of attempts at voter suppression.

So until those problems with election results are full resolved, as with Al Gore in 2000? I will wait to see and NOT assume Trump has lost and Biden is truly "President-elect."

Fair enough, man, I guess...but perhaps a consistent approach would be to allege gaslighting only after it's proven to be true as well. Right now I don't see a possibility of the kind of fraud that would be required to move things to this point. If it does turn out that the Democrats rigged the election, it would erase them from the face of American politics forever. Do you really believe, in your heart of hearts, that's what happened? It seems like a mighty risky gamble, for people who, unlike Trump, have a lot to lose.

I guess we can take your approach and wait and see....but suggesting gaslighting at this point is as irresponsible as you would say naming Biden president elect is. It feeds the distrust in your electoral process, and in a direction that one can't help but notice is partisan in nature, even if that was not your intent. I would be open to seeing your posts about Trump's attempts at voter suppression...hehe...

Sadly, Trump laid the groundwork for this shitshow, and now you're all stuck with the drama. Perhaps, as a purely hypothetical contemplation, getting rid of him by any means is justifiable...not just for them, but you as well. Everyone loves a redemption story, especially Americans...and the GOP has an chance at one of the greatest American redemption stories ever told....it's hard to imagine them starting from a lower place than they are today. It's the perfect opportunity to abandon the sunk cost fallacy. Y'all should take it.

Fair enough, man, I guess...but perhaps a consistent approach would be to allege gaslighting only after it's proven to be true as well. Right now I don't see a possibility of the kind of fraud that would be required to move things to this point. If it does turn out that the Democrats rigged the election, it would erase them from the face of American politics forever. Do you really believe, in your heart of hearts, that's what happened? It seems like a mighty risky gamble, for people who, unlike Trump, have a lot to lose.

I guess we can take your approach and wait and see....but suggesting gaslighting at this point is as irresponsible as you would say naming Biden president elect is. It feeds the distrust in your electoral process, and in a direction that one can't help but notice is partisan in nature, even if that was not your intent. I would be open to seeing your posts about Trump's attempts at voter suppression...hehe...

Sadly, Trump laid the groundwork for this shitshow, and now you're all stuck with the drama. Perhaps, as a purely hypothetical contemplation, getting rid of him by any means is justifiable...not just for them, but you as well. Everyone loves a redemption story, especially Americans...and the GOP has an chance at one of the greatest American redemption stories ever told....it's hard to imagine them starting from a lower place than they are today. It's the perfect opportunity to abandon the sunk cost fallacy. Y'all should take it.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on who actually "laid the groundwork for this ****show."

IMO the very Media the OP is discussing is the culprit, not Trump.

As I stated, I am and remain an Independent voter. You saw I voted for Gore in 2000 and fought on his behalf way back then, the same as I am now for Trump.

I do so because I KNOW there have been election shenanigans. There usually are, but typically in a very limited way.

However in THIS election there have been major changes in voting procedures, essentially "last minute." The which IMO cast a dark cloud over the validity of the election.

For example:

That is a statistical impossibility. It argues that not only were there no Republicans who opted to vote by mail, but if Independents did, they ALL voted for Joe Biden.

But there will always be a small fraction of BOTH Republicans and Independents who not only live in those precincts, but also voted by mail.

Would you argue they ALL voted for Biden?

I think we need to find out what happened in such arenas, because otherwise we'd have to believe in literal "miracles."

Not true my friend.

There are no problems, merely contrived allegations sans evidence. The gaslighting is entirely from the Trump coup operatives.

Think of the savings! 😀

Anything is possible, but to get there, they'll have to show judges more than they have so far.
Alito has already proffered that challenge so stay tuned.

Actually, the gaslighting IS working...because YOU believe it.

As exemplified by your attempt to dismiss via ad hominem sarcastic ridicule the points in the OP.
So, if Trump loses, we Dems cheated, and if Dems dont believe Trump won election, we are being gaslit.

So, if Trump loses, we Dems cheated, and if Dems dont believe Trump won election, we are being gaslit.

Complete and IMO "willful" misreading of the point, trying to create a red herring argument.

The OP and my subsequent posts make clear my purposes and positions.

Tagline time. :coffee:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on who actually "laid the groundwork for this ****show."

IMO the very Media the OP is discussing is the culprit, not Trump.

As I stated, I am and remain an Independent voter. You saw I voted for Gore in 2000 and fought on his behalf way back then, the same as I am now for Trump.

I do so because I KNOW there have been election shenanigans. There usually are, but typically in a very limited way.

However in THIS election there have been major changes in voting procedures, essentially "last minute." The which IMO cast a dark cloud over the validity of the election.

For example:

That is a statistical impossibility. It argues that not only were there no Republicans who opted to vote by mail, but if Independents did, they ALL voted for Joe Biden.

But there will always be a small fraction of BOTH Republicans and Independents who not only live in those precincts, but also voted by mail.

Would you argue they ALL voted for Biden?

I think we need to find out what happened in such arenas, because otherwise we'd have to believe in literal "miracles."

Not impossible. All that's necessary is to know how many votes will be needed, place the order, and get to the precinct to unload the Biden/Harris van before the counting resumes.

Alito has already proffered that challenge so stay tuned.

That challenge isn't based on even a whiff of impropriety, but picking nits over how they changed the law to adapt to COVID.

This what I was saying earlier. There is a YUGE (the best) gap between what the GOP are howling on television, and what they are squeaking at the judges. They are getting shut down in court based on providing no evidence, over and over. Your example is probably the best outcome they've managed.

Where are the cabals of vote switching genderqueers?!

Biden won. deal with it.

Actually, the gaslighting IS working...because YOU believe it.

As exemplified by your attempt to dismiss via ad hominem sarcastic ridicule the points in the OP.
Calling the reporting of votes cast in our election "gaslighting" shows you don't even know what the term means. You have forfeited your right to call yourself an American. Congrats.

Not impossible. All that's necessary is to know how many votes will be needed, place the order, and get to the precinct to unload the Biden/Harris van before the counting resumes.
That IS impossible or Mr. One and done would have done it in a heartbeat. Counting is done under the scrutiny of both Dem and GOP watchers. It is amazing to watch people like you pretend that America does not know how to run a free and fair election. We have many years of experience at it. Only a dirtbag like Trump would say otherwise....Oh wait.

These days, you can't trust the GOP outside of a courtroom. What they say to judges is pretty different from what they say to the public.

But don't fret, since "everyone knows" there was a massive fraud, the overwhelming evidence is bound to show up any day now.

Ah, but you trust the Communist party absolutely?

Ah, but you trust the Communist party absolutely?
The 1950's called and want their meme back. Are you in a time warp or something? Putin loves your sedition. Keep it up and he will give you a cookie.

Are the Media Gaslighting the USA?

I'd say the media aren't gaslighting anyone. You have to be smarter than someone to gaslight them no? I rest my case.

Last edited:
The 1950's called and want their meme back. Are you in a time warp or something? Putin loves your sedition. Keep it up and he will give you a cookie.

DERP

The irony of tossing the RUSSIA conspiracy theory in is just TOO PRECIOUS...

Back
Top Bottom