• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are the laws passed in Florida meant to make white supremacist and/or homophobic not feel guilty?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It seems to me that the laws like don't say Gay and the bill to make it illegal to make students feel bad about themselves are there to make both children and their parents feel okay about being white supremacists and/or homophobics. Do not teach something that goes against the parents right to teach their children to be white supremacist and/or homophobics seems to be what the laws imply overtly.

It seems to me that the laws like don't say Gay and the bill to make it illegal to make students feel bad about themselves are there to make both children and their parents feel okay about being white supremacists and/or homophobics. Do not teach something that goes against the parents right to teach their children to be white supremacist and/or homophobics seems to be what the laws imply overtly.
That's pretty much it.

Why should you be ashamed of being white? Democrats sound like Eric Stone with that...

Uh, no.

I'd say it is more about not teaching Kindergarten kids about transgender/etc, which is entirely reasonable because they're little children with limited mental capacity.
And not having Little Janie come home crying from 1st grade, asking if she's inherently evil because she was born white.

1. The law does not say "don't say Gay." That is a gross misrepresentation of what the law states. Moreover, the word "gay" does not appear in the law at all.

2. Nothing in the law is set up to "make students feel bad about themselves." "Students" in grades K - 3 barely understand the concept of "boy" and "girl," much less concepts of sex, sexuality, gender roles, or any of the other concepts of same being pushed by the Woke.

3. What it seems to YOU is simply your own view-point bias.

4. The rest of your response is a combination of hasty generalization ad hominem tactics of demonization and moral panic.

"Moral Panic: A mass movement based on the false or exaggerated perception that some cultural behavior or group of people is dangerously deviant and poses a threat to society's values and interests. Moral panics are generally fuelled by media coverage of social issues." https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803100208829

"Demonize: to try to make someone or a group of people seem as if they are evil." https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/demonizing

How many times must one point out this problem before your side of the argument stops acting "woke" and actually "wakes up?"

Last edited:
Do not teach something that goes against the parents right to teach their children to be white supremacist and/or homophobics seems to be what the laws imply overtly.
Respectfully disagree.

In 2022, there are no "White supremacists" to speak of. Those parents need not worry. Their children are not stupid. They know that most of the accomplishments in this country's history were accomplished by Caucasian Americans. Furthermore, they know that (proportionally) most street crime (robbery, sucker punching, looting, rape, & murder) is not committed by Caucasian youth.

Their children are not going to become homophobes because of that law. They are young kids. They do not even know what the word "homophobe" means, let alone make a conscious decision to become one.

The Dems are in a panic because of the Congressional elections. They are screaming the words "White supremacist" and "homophobe" in order to turn out their base.

Pathetic.

They're meant to pander to them to get their votes for the wealthy interests to get power.

Actually they make most Floridians file like som common sense still exists and that the basic principles of our nation still apply. None of these laws have in any way stripped any right away from gays that straight enjoy.

Making white folks feel bad because of slavery is not allowed. Making white folks who happen to be gay or lesbian feel bad, that's not only ok, it's encouraged by the gop.
Do as I say, not as I do.

:ROFLMAO:

Leftists that are upset they cant target children for their deviant sexual agenda believe it is all really just a white supremacist plot.

:ROFLMAO:

Why should you be ashamed of being white? Democrats sound like Eric Stone with that...
I am white and not ashamed, but I am also not a white supremacist or homophobic. MY father once told me that I should never feel guilty or ashamed about slavery because it happened before I was born and I was not responsible , but I am responsible for how I treat people of color now and I should be ashamed and feel guilty if I treat them badly. I suspect he would have felt the same of gay people.

Actually they make most Floridians file like som common sense still exists and that the basic principles of our nation still apply. None of these laws have in any way stripped any right away from gays that straight enjoy.
So you are just fine with parents teaching their children to be white supremacist and/or against gays? That is exactly what the laws are for.

They were taught to self loath if born white.
I am white, lived down south when I went to school and leaned not only bout slavery, but about white supremacy first hand, and I never once self loathed. Where did yo get that shit from, Fox News.

Back
Top Bottom