• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are the bused migrants from FL and TX actually illegals?

ataraxia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I keep hearing the GOP refer to these migrants that are being bused to places like New York and Massachusetts as “illegals”. The point is to get the Biden administration to supposedly fix the borders for illegal crossings.

But I just found out that most of these are documented asylum-seekers waiting for their court hearings.

“Republicans frequently refer to those taking the trips as “illegal immigrants,” but most of them are asylum-seekers who have been allowed to enter the country pending the outcome of their legal cases.”

So what exactly is the reform that Texas and Florida are looking for? That we should no longer process requests for asylum?

Last edited:
I keep hearing the GOP refer to these migrants that are being biased to places like New York and Massachusetts as “illegals”. The point is to get the Biden administration to supposedly fix the borders for illegal crossings.

But I just found out that most of these are documented asylum-seekers waiting for their court hearings.

“Republicans frequently refer to those taking the trips as “illegal immigrants,” but most of them are asylum-seekers who have been allowed to enter the country pending the outcome of their legal cases.”

So what exactly is the reform that Texas and Florida are looking for? That we should no longer process requests for asylum?

for years now nutters have never used the term "illegals" properly they have used that term to refer to any brown people they don't like basically. their bigotry, hate and or racism is so strong that they can control themselves and the ignorance just bleeds from them.

Fox and other nutter media does it a lot also.

I keep hearing the GOP refer to these migrants that are being biased to places like New York and Massachusetts as “illegals”. The point is to get the Biden administration to supposedly fix the borders for illegal crossings.

I think the main point of busing is to share the burden of babysitting the South Americans - illegals, asylum seekers, whatever you want to call them. I've not heard that these people work to earn money, so I only can assume that they are in some type of state-provided shelter.

Each state should be responsible for South American babysitting in accordance with its population. In other words: proporcionar alimentos, alojamiento y servicios de traducción.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoS
There is no legal point. Just more BS from racist fake republicans. Yes they are billing their racist activities to taxpayers the majority of which do NOT support their reckless spending much less their extreme racism.

I think the main point of busing is to share the burden of babysitting the South Americans - illegals, asylum seekers, whatever you want to call them. I've not heard that these people work to earn money, so I only can assume that they are in some type of state-provided shelter.

Each state should be repsonsible for South American babysitting in accordance with its population. In other words: proporcionar alimentos, alojamiento y servicios de traducción.
But this is supposedly being done to fix the broken immigration system. So Exactly what reform are they looking for to stop asylum-seekers from seeking asylum?

They are immigrants who have made requests for asylum and been processed by ICE and legally released pending reviews of their cases.

They are used as human pawns that these scum sucking Republican Gov's are using to play partisan games with to garner political support of the MAGATS and other such Right Wingers.

These Gov's have no real desire at fixing immigration, it is all about partisan revenge against Democrats for imagined slights and trying to also make legitimate President Joe Biden look bad in revenge for his defeating Trump in 2020.

Each state should be responsible for South American babysitting in accordance with its population. In other words: proporcionar alimentos, alojamiento y servicios de traducción.
The people being bused are mostly asylum seekers. Most actual illegals are people who overstay their visas. So what reforms are you recommending to fix those problems?

The people being bused are mostly asylum seekers. Most actual illegals are people who overstay their visas. So what reforms are you recommending to fix those problems?

Martha's Vineyard can do their fair share and process their asylum applications - other states have their hands full already.

Martha's Vineyard can do their fair share and process their asylum applications - other states have their hands full already.
The folks on the Vineyard were already stepping up and being decent human beings to and with these flown in human pawns of Gov. Ronny D aka Little Adolf.

Processing of their "asylum applications" had already taken place elsewhere, that is why ICE released them, what will have to be done now is adjudication via Immigration Court of those asylum application requests.

I keep hearing the GOP refer to these migrants that are being bused to places like New York and Massachusetts as “illegals”. The point is to get the Biden administration to supposedly fix the borders for illegal crossings.

Its a Nazi thing. Like calling Jews cockroaches.

The solution seems simple - have more judges and social services where people are coming in to seek asylum. I really don't know why we aren't there.

It is illegal to enter the United States except through a port of entry. Yes they are all illegal. People who seek asylum can seek it at a port of entry. It is how it is designed to work. The huge majority of illegals have no asylum claim. 90% of the asylum claims that are adjudicated are denied. Estimates are that over a million "got aways" have entered with any interface with border patrol at all in the past year.

The folks on the Vineyard were already stepping up and being decent human beings to and with these flown in human pawns of Gov. Ronny D aka Little Adolf.

Processing of their "asylum applications" had already taken place elsewhere, that is why ICE released them, what will have to be done now is adjudication via Immigration Court of those asylum application requests.
So what are you saying? That sanctuary cities should reject them since theyre not illegals?

They are not. This is a point I have attempted to make over and over here.

If they have been allowed to stay in the USA and have a court date they are not illegal.

Of course the tRumpers don't care about the truth of the matters, they need them to be illegal to keep the low information base riled up.

So what are you saying? That sanctuary cities should reject them since theyre not illegals?

I’m saying why are they being called illegals when they’re not? Clearly they are being mislabeled. Why? Seems to me because this is just political theater and these desperate asylum seekers are being cynically exploited as pawns. This is all about personal power for politicians, not any sincere, honest, or constructive attempt to attempt any reform.

How do you recommend we reform our laws to deal with asylum seekers? What are your recommendations for dealing with most of the actual illegals, who are people who just overstay their visas?

and it appears that those who have huge hearts rushed to help those families/kids bussed to the north.

It is illegal to enter the United States except through a port of entry. Yes they are all illegal. People who seek asylum can seek it at a port of entry. It is how it is designed to work. The huge majority of illegals have no asylum claim. 90% of the asylum claims that are adjudicated are denied. Estimates are that over a million "got aways" have entered with any interface with border patrol at all in the past year.

Bullshit.. The asylum statute is EXCEPTIONALLY clear on where one can enter to seek asylum (anywhere)... This level of lack of knowledge of the REAL laws is why so many on the right are confused...

The immigrants DeSantis flew to Martha's Vineyard were in Texas. He took immigrants from Texas and flew them to Martha's Vineyard and claimed a victory for Florida. Can you say "stunt?" I knew that you could.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DeSantis Sending Migrants to Martha’s Vineyard Might Have Been Illegal Under Florida Law​

Longtime Florida political reporter Marc Caputo, currently at NBC News Digital after stints at the Miami Herald and Politico, posted several tweets Thursday afternoon highlighting the budget proviso that allocated the funds for transporting migrants “from this state,” noting that would mean Florida, not Texas.
NPR’s report on the plane transport had uncovered that the flights originated in San Antonio, Texas and stopped in Florida on the way to Martha’s Vineyard:
Flight trackers show two flights took off from San Antonio around 8 a.m. local time on Wednesday.

A number of migrants told NPR their flight originated in San Antonio, and that they were being transported to Boston, not Martha’s Vineyard.

Are these migrants in the country illegally?​

These stunts by Republican governors are built on the false idea that the migrants are in the country illegally. Technically, those on the buses and planes are asylum-seekers who have been processed by federal immigration authorities and are awaiting court dates.

While DeSantis’ office didn’t elaborate on their legal status, many migrants who cross the border illegally from Mexico are temporarily shielded from deportation after being freed by U.S. authorities to pursue asylum in immigration court — as allowed under U.S law and international treaty — or released on humanitarian parole.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DeSantis is more crooked than a dog's hind leg.

How on earth did you arrive at that degree of confusion about what I posted?
I never said nor even remotely implied anyone should "reject them" the migrants delivered to the Vineyard.
How do you define a "sanctuary city" please?
Which then, by your definition, of these cities are "sanctuary cities"; Aquinnah, Chilmark, Edgartown, Oak Bluffs, Tisbury, West Tisbury?
What is your evidence that any of those cities are "sanctuary cities"?

How on earth did you arrive at that degree of confusion about what I posted?
I never said nor even remotely implied anyone should "reject them" the migrants delivered to the Vineyard.
How do you define a "sanctuary city" please?
Which then, by your definition, of these cities are "sanctuary cities"; Aquinnah, Chilmark, Edgartown, Oak Bluffs, Tisbury, West Tisbury?
What is your evidence that any of those cities are "sanctuary cities"?
If whoever runs the state or city declares them as sanctuary cities then thats what they are, right?

I'm just confused by your stance since you claim these people are not illegals and rant against repubs sending them to these cities, so it assumes that you prefer that only illegals be sent to sanctuary cities instead, and the legal immigrants get left at the border states, right?

Yes. Its being abused. But no, they are not illegal because they are being processed under immigration law which allows people to ask for asylum and be granted temporary legal status to be in the country while its being examined. Which is why everyone claims asylum now. If the MSM cared, an interesting question to ask the govt would how many show up for court, how many are granted asylum and how many actually NEED asylum in the US (at all or as opposed to one the 10 countries they passed through first).

Various stats seem to indicate about 50% fail to show for asylum hearings.

Whats the alternative to bussing them from border to other states? Thats that the federal govt did for a while in the middle of the night. Otherwise theyre just releasing them in border states. Is that fair?

Back
Top Bottom