• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Terrorists startin wildfires in Arizona and other states?

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
There are rumors and some statements being made that the "Wildfires" in several states are purposely being set, by environmentalists and Islamists. Does anyone have information to confirm or deny it?

It would have had to been a long running campaign because the West has long set on fire every summer.

I don't want to link to a politicians statement or others. Search if you want.

What I will say is some wildfires along the Arizona/Mexico border and some in known drug smuggling or illegal smuggling routes are human caused. In some cases the causes was traced to what was believed to be warming or cooking fires. Some have speculated the cause of some of the fires was to deter ICE or Border Patrol from making contact with the smugglers. Here is one article.

Another smuggler corridor wildfire and the anger is flaring up - Views From Baja Arizona

Not sure about a terrorists, unless you want to consider the influx of illegal aliens and drug smugglers terrorists.

Al Qaeda Linked Gaza Terrorist Group Claims Credit for Arizona ...

Al Qaeda Linked Gaza Terrorist Group Claims Credit for Arizona Wildfires

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/al-qaeda-linked-gaza-terrorist-group-claims-credit-for-arizona-wildfires/

Al Qaeda Linked Gaza Terrorist Group Claims Credit for ... Nevada wildfires last ... The group warned that the attacks “will not be the last…if America
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Al Qaeda terrorists interested in using fire to unleash hell in ...

www.examiner.com/article/al-qaeda-terrorists-interested-using-fire...

Jun 23, 2012 · The men who launched al Qaeda's English-language magazine "Inspire" magazine continue to promote jihadi attacks ... Al Qaeda terrorists ... have been …

There are rumors and some statements being made that the "Wildfires" in several states are purposely being set, by environmentalists and Islamists. Does anyone have information to confirm or deny it?

I heard a rumor that conservatives are really space aliens trying to destroy society to make us easier to invade. That rumor is easier o believe than yours.

Probably, but I doubt that they are reading Debate Politics

I heard a rumor that conservatives are really space aliens trying to destroy society to make us easier to invade. That rumor is easier o believe than yours.

If I were you I'd tighten up on my aluminum foil hat. If anyone is destroying society as we originally know it, it's Progressives. Sodom and Gamorah was destroyed and we're on the same course.

If I were you I'd tighten up on my aluminum foil hat. If anyone is destroying society as we originally know it, it's Progressives. Sodom and Gamorah was destroyed and we're on the same course.

I am going to go out on a limb and bet you don't even know why Sodom and Gomorrah where destroyed in the biblical story.

I am going to go out on a limb and bet you don't even know why Sodom and Gomorrah where destroyed in the biblical story.

Given that it was "God" that meted out the punishment, I'll guess they dared to look at themselves while they were going pee pee......................

If so, it won't be long until Smokey the Bear pulls the ol' M60 machine gun and combat gear from the closet and starts kicking ass.

One of the purposes of terrorism is to frighten the population. Presumably, if terrorists started these fires they would claim credit and threaten to start more of them. So, sorry, not terrorism.

Now, the question might more be were these arsonists or was the fire from natural causes. We are a nation of nutters so that is very possible.

If so, it won't be long until Smokey the Bear pulls the ol' M60 machine gun and combat gear from the closet and starts kicking ass.

Smokey carries a Pancor.

Actually I heard that conservatives set the fires.

No, it was the liberal democrats who love tree huggers and illegal aliens (of all kinds):mrgreen:

Interesting that this started so soon after the 19 deaths in Yarnell, AZ.

While I don't thump the Good Book as well as some others I do believe GAWD swore off floods and Pillar of salt stuff as old school and Jesus was the new school way.

The wildfire that killed 19 firefighters was lightening. Smugglers who think a wildfire protects them from the Border Patrol need to learn about helicopters. :roll:

Immigrants and 'terrorists' make a good scapegoat for poor policies and even poorer decisions to live isolated in the middle of a very dry, very hot, easily burned land.

Now if terrorists were behind many of the fires, why set far from major population areas? Seems to me they would target mid sized towns in remote rugged locations.

Progress destroys the old and builds anew- you shouldn't fear it. our original society was not a Norman Rockwell painting...

While I don't thump the Good Book as well as some others I do believe GAWD swore off floods and Pillar of salt stuff as old school and Jesus was the new school way.

The wildfire that killed 19 firefighters was lightening. Smugglers who think a wildfire protects them from the Border Patrol need to learn about helicopters. :roll:

Immigrants and 'terrorists' make a good scapegoat for poor policies and even poorer decisions to live isolated in the middle of a very dry, very hot, easily burned land.

Now if terrorists were behind many of the fires, why set far from major population areas? Seems to me they would target mid sized towns in remote rugged locations.

Progress destroys the old and builds anew- you shouldn't fear it. our original society was not a Norman Rockwell painting...

I agree with some of what you say. I also don't believe terrorists are starting fires in Arizona or the US. However, it is fact that human caused fires in many areas exceed those started by lightning. It is a fact that careless humans have started fires along the AZ border. Investigation of the cause of some the fires has shown that it was illegal aliens.

and by saying so is not a political ecscape goat, it is a fact. As far as bad policies, it is the policy that allows groups to sue in court to block land management projects for basically any reason. Yes, environmental laws are imprortant. Yet, imo we would not be in such a dire condition if range management and forest management was not basically shut down decades ago.

Of course you would. According to you, they are Tea Party terrorists, carrying assault rifles and singing church songs. No way could they be Islamists. Right?

I agree with some of what you say. I also don't believe terrorists are starting fires in Arizona or the US. However, it is fact that human caused fires in many areas exceed those started by lightning. It is a fact that careless humans have started fires along the AZ border. Investigation of the cause of some the fires has shown that it was illegal aliens. and by saying so is not a political ecscape goat, it is a fact. As far as bad policies, it is the policy that allows groups to sue in court to block land management projects for basically any reason. Yes, environmental laws are imprortant. Yet, imo we would not be in such a dire condition if range management and forest management was not basically shut down decades ago.

Perhaps your point on who starts the fires would have a bit of weight if you used a number or percent instead of 'some' of the fires are started by illegals.

While environmental laws are important they can't shoulder all the blame for the change in burning policies. 'Some' of those people going to court are homeowners in those areas. Part of the problem are those landowners not clearing brush away from their homes, using cedar shingles on roofs, you know the drill. no one wants a fire, deliberate, accident, or act of God near them.

I've heard there's rumours that a Muslim earthquake is being concocted by radical Baha'i polygamists trying to degrade the sanctity of marriage. If there's a tremor in California in the next year, you'll know the rumour is true.

I agree with some of what you say. I also don't believe terrorists are starting fires in Arizona or the US. However, it is fact that human caused fires in many areas exceed those started by lightning. It is a fact that careless humans have started fires along the AZ border. Investigation of the cause of some the fires has shown that it was illegal aliens.

and by saying so is not a political ecscape goat, it is a fact. As far as bad policies, it is the policy that allows groups to sue in court to block land management projects for basically any reason. Yes, environmental laws are imprortant. Yet, imo we would not be in such a dire condition if range management and forest management was not basically shut down decades ago.

What's an 'escape' goat?

If I remember right, Sodom was destroyed after Lot offered his two virgin daughters to be gang-raped by a mob.

Perhaps your point on who starts the fires would have a bit of weight if you used a number or percent instead of 'some' of the fires are started by illegals.

While environmental laws are important they can't shoulder all the blame for the change in burning policies. 'Some' of those people going to court are homeowners in those areas. Part of the problem are those landowners not clearing brush away from their homes, using cedar shingles on roofs, you know the drill. no one wants a fire, deliberate, accident, or act of God near them.

I am not going to do the stat query. I didn't start the OP. If you want to play the stat game, why didn't you show stats that I am wrong?

I can agree that more Firewise pratices need to be done. Yet its the law suits that have changed land management by delaying projects or stopping/reducing forest thinnings or grazing.

Firewise practices and Forest/Range health are two different issues.

For those naysayers out there. Internet searches are your friend.

"Illegal immigrants started nearly 40 percent of human-ignited wildfires along the border between Arizona and Mexico between 2006 and 2010, according to a government report that gives new credence to claims Arizona lawmakers made earlier this year during catastrophic blazes in the Southwest.

That number may even be understated — the report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) said federal land agencies often violate their own policies by not trying to investigate the origins of human-caused fires. Of the 422 human-caused fires, just 77 were investigated, and of those 30 were found to have been ignited by people illegally crossing the border.

Illegal immigration also makes battling the fires harder as firefighters worry more about their own safety and have to curb some tactics such as backfires for fear of harming illegal immigrants who may still be in the area, investigators for the congressional watchdog agency said in Tuesday’s report.

According to agency officials, the presence of illegal border-crossers has increased concerns about firefighter safety and, in some instances, has required firefighters to change or limit the tactics they use in suppressing fires. For example, the presence of illegal border-crossers has limited firefighting activities at night and complicated the use of aerial firefighting methods,” the agency said in a 60-page report."....

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rants-nearly-half-border-fires/#ixzz2YElF82dm

There, some stats for those who doubt its a problem.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/nov/22/gao-illegal-immigrants-nearly-half-border-fires/?page=all

Back
Top Bottom