• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are soup cans protected under the 2nd Amendment?

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The 2nd Amendment is rather vague as to what constitutes and "arm".

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So if people choose to use soup cans as a weapon, can such cans be banned?

Inspiration: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1300909465412091906

Acyn Torabi@Acyn

Trump in July: And you have people coming over with bags of soup and the anarchists... start throwing it at our cops... And if it hits you, that’s worse than a brick because that’s got force... And when they get caught, they say, “No, this is just soup for my family.”

Seriously, a weapon that doubles as food for the family? Surely those cannot be illegal.

This is better than the sock full of quarters thing, really.

This opens up all new possibilities. A used bullet can be melted down to make a part of another bullet, but that is very tedious. With a can of soup as your chosen weapon, you can ding the heads of several people before the soup is no longer usable. I see an opportunity here...soup guns! So with a can of Campbell's Soup, you could kill someone upon impact or much slower with a high sodium intake.

Campbell's soup cans are designed to hold the optimal volume for the least material per can.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Seriously, a weapon that doubles as food for the family? Surely those cannot be illegal.

Most cops are TERRIFIED of soup (and CLEARLY rightly so); they should be able to guard the soup aisles in the store, interrogate these sickos that wanna buy soup! A black man with a ag of soup cans has 3 to 1 odds vs an entire two squad cars of today's cops, it's a JUNGLE out there! Biden's shadow people pulling strings and all, plus.....

OBAMA!!!!!!!:shock: (The ULTIMATE shadow warrior, that Trump® is totally BIGLY, no like really, not jealous of or scared of!)

Arms under the 2nd mean literally anything you can use in offence or defense.

I need to know how this guy managed to completely subvert the Republican Party in one year.

I need to know how this guy managed to completely subvert the Republican Party in one year.

This has been coming for a long time. This is the party that took Sarah Palin seriously.

Will the soup be regulated? There's a big difference between lite, regular, hearty, and condensed!

Ehhh, socks tear too easily.

You only need it for a minute or two. Best $20 you ever spent. Then you reverse your grip and send the quarters flying loose. Even if it's just quarters, people will pay attention to that and not you.

Also, put some lighter fluid on the ankle of the sock to destroy any epithelial cells you might leave behind.

And if you get caught with it, it's your laundry money. Easier to explain than a random soup can in a protest.

RW Media was developing a persona for their messiah. Trump came along and became that persona on steroids. A redneck hero was born.

Whoa boy! This clown is too much! Would be funny if he didn't affect all of us now.

This will have to be in a movie now. Say someone breaks into your home. If you don't have a gun, you look for a knife, bat, or hammer. But who ever thinks about soup? I have a few cans around I know are about to expire, they would make perfect self-defense weapons.

This will have to be in a movie now. Say someone breaks into your home. If you don't have a gun, you look for a knife, bat, or hammer. But who ever thinks about soup? I have a few cans around I know are about to expire, they would make perfect self-defense weapons.

Soup cans in nightstands.

As Trump slides further into his dementia...

Will the soup be regulated? There's a big difference between lite, regular, hearty, and condensed!

Watch out for the Gazpacho gang....they are just cold...

I think in terms of the strict Constitutionalists, "Arms" would be limited to those recognized by the founding fathers....muskets and bayonets. I'm not sure if soup came in cans then....probably not.

I honestly can't even stress how elated I am to no longer have to try and defend this fools nonsense. It's not even thought out very well. This is a damn arsonal right here. :shock: goya.jpg

Back
Top Bottom