• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are some archeologists nothing more than grave robbers?

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Archeologists have raided graves around the world, not only stealing everything from the grave site but even often putting the bodies in display cases as if tourist attractions. Why is than anything more than grave robbing? Can I go find a 200 year old cemetery and dig up the caskets looking for jewelry and putting the bodies on display for people to come pay to look at - and justify it by claiming I'm documenting about the nature and lives of people 200 years ago calling it science and preserving history?

Should the UK and other countries be required to give back everything they've stolen from other countries' graves such as from Egypt?

Archeologists have raided graves around the world, not only stealing everything from the grave site but even often putting the bodies in display cases as if tourist attractions. Why is than anything more than grave robbing? Can I go find a 200 year old cemetery and dig up the caskets looking for jewelry and putting the bodies on display for people to come pay to look at - and justify it by claiming I'm documenting about the nature and lives of people 200 years ago calling it science and preserving history?

Should the UK and other countries be required to give back everything they've stolen from other countries' graves such as from Egypt?

I would agree with you, if it were not for the brazen destruction of historic artifacts carried out by extremists like ISIS, Al Qaeda, and others who looted museums, destroyed one of a kind relics, and bombed entire historical sites. The British are at least preserving history, which could well fall into the wrong hands at some point in the future if the items were returned to their native lands.

Profiting from charging the public to see the artifacts is another matter. Maybe they should donate the proceeds to a worthwhile cause.

I would agree with you, if it were not for the brazen destruction of historic artifacts carried out by extremists like ISIS, Al Qaeda, and others who looted museums, destroyed one of a kind relics, and bombed entire historical sites. The British are at least preserving history, which could well fall into the wrong hands at some point in the future if the items were returned to their native lands.

Profiting from charging the public to see the artifacts is another matter. Maybe they should donate the proceeds to a worthwhile cause.

President of Turkey (Anatolia), Recep Tayyip Erdoan, said that Turkey will pay the shipping cost for the Return of Stonehenge Altar Stone to Gobekli Tepe, the Western Pontides, or its capitol, Ankara, Turkey (Anatolia); so its shipping cost is covered.
Sole Proprietor of Stonehenge, A Texas Tycoon, Garry Denke, said that A Texas Tycoon will pay the shipping cost for the Return of Stonehenge Altar of Burnt Offering and its contents: 1. gold Mercy Seat, 2. gold Ark of the Testimony, 3. gold Table for the Shewbread, 4. gold Candlestick, 5. gold Ephod-Girdle, 6. gold Breastplate, 7. gold Altar of Incense (1-7 partial list of contents) to San Antonio, Texas (the Alamo); so its shipping cost is covered.
And the Prime Minister of United Kingdom, Theresa Mary Brasier, said that Elizabeth Alexandra Mary George Windsor (HM Queen Elizabeth II) will pay the shipping costs for the Return of Stonehenge Bluestones, Sarsens, and High Tor Limestone to Preseli, Marlborough, and Gower, respectively; so their shipping costs are covered.

Ship the stolen Bluestones back to Preseli because its stolen property,
Ship the stolen Sarsens back to Marlborough because its stolen property,
Ship the stolen High Tor Limestone back to Gower because its stolen property,
Ship the stolen Altar Stone back to Anatolia (Turkey) because its stolen property,
and Ship the stolen Mishkan (1.2m below Heel Stone) back to G-D (Texas) because
its stolen property.

A tad on the expensive side You're saying?
Dadgum less than 2 Armadillo Tunnels!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom