• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Russian trolls on American political boards pushing for us to get on Putin's bandwagon?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I read messages on this and other political message boards that seem to be Russian talking points coming from Russian trolls. They all seem to push us one way, to stop backing Ukraine and to back the take over by Putin. I have read also that there are Russian rolls on every American political message board, so thinking there is one or more on this board is not such a leap. What do you think and should the board be open to them?

I read messages on this and other political message boards that seem to be Russian talking points coming from Russian trolls. They all seem to push us one way, to stop backing Ukraine and to back the take over by Putin. I have read also that there are Russian rolls on every American political message board, so thinking there is one or more on this board is not such a leap. What do you think and should the board be open to them?

For all the hysterics about “Russian trolls”, I’ve seen more posters here fantasizing about bombing Russian troops or assassinating Putin, with the idea that it would be “just like Desert Storm!”🙄

I have a great deal of confidence in our fellow message board members to not fall into such a cheap attempt of someone who supports Putin and tries to spread Putin's lies on DB.

Wouldn't surprise me, regarding Russian trolls on some sites. I haven't encountered any here though.
I certainly don't blame the Russian people for the goings-on in Ukraine. Naturally, there is a small segment that supports Putin but it's hard to be
objective and informed when propaganda is on the airwaves constantly, as it is here. (sometimes)

IF they are trying to get us on the Putzin bandwagon, they are doing a very very very piss poor job of it.

They might...might...be more successful at such a thing on Reddit or 4chan. The people on those sites will swallow almost anything.

I have a great deal of confidence in our fellow message board members to not fall into such a cheap attempt of someone who supports Putin and tries to spread Putin's lies on DB.
It's more about sowing seeds of doubt, and working the partisan forums to keep the division high. I doubt if 90% of the posters being accused of being Russian trolls actually are, though. A lot of posters just seem to be doing a lot of bellyachin about our war involvement in the past, either to slam a President or to be isolationists. And some people just need to criticize Biden or don't like NATO because Trump said.

In the article comments sections of sites i read, they mostly seem to be there to create chaos and to seed division in the US.

In the article comments sections of sites i read, they mostly seem to be there to create chaos and to seed division in the US.
If DP knew specifically one was here, would it be allowed as free speech?

I'm far from convinced there are Russian trolls on boards like this.

probably our Q anon but don't want to admit it friends.

I am 100% there are at least a few, some even who own up to being Russians.

an indication of controlled talking points coming from one central organized group.......now let's see who has refused to stop dealing with Russia?

an indication of controlled talking points coming from one central organized group.......now let's see who has refused to stop dealing with Russia?
Irony of ironies.... saving this one, not so much for content but for hubris in posting it at all.

Looks like The Hill removed the article comments section. That sucks. I used to read that daily.

I hope some of these posters are Russian trolls. If they are not then, wow......

Back
Top Bottom