• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are republican senators being put into an untenable position by their leadership?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Seems to me the republican senators are being hung out to dry by their own party leadership...or should I say lack of leadership? If they buck trump and vote to reopen the government, trump and the base will want their blood. If they back the president the rest of america will have no choice but to admit the republicans are not negotiating in good faith and may cost them their seats either way.

Seems to me the republican senators are being hung out to dry by their own party leadership...or should I say lack of leadership? If they buck trump and vote to reopen the government, trump and the base will want their blood. If they back the president the rest of america will have no choice but to admit the republicans are not negotiating in good faith and may cost them their seats either way.

Currently the plan I would say is to make it all on McConnell. He’s a Kentucky senator, so completely safe from any flak. His actions shield all Republican senators becaue, if given a choice to vote, would most likely vote for the house bill without the wall. This makes them safer.

Or maybe not

Maybe the American people will realize 5.7b is a small price to pay for security....and at least Trump is trying to throw out ideas

Only thing we have heard from democrats is no SOTU speech in house

Maybe you are right....maybe wrong....time will tell

Currently the plan I would say is to make it all on McConnell. He’s a Kentucky senator, so completely safe from any flak. His actions shield all Republican senators becaue, if given a choice to vote, would most likely vote for the house bill without the wall. This makes them safer.

Actually the reason I think McConnell is not holding any vote...is because of what you just stated. He doesn't want to put them in a worse position they are already in. A choice to not hold a vote kinda' protects them.

Or maybe not

Maybe the American people will realize 5.7b is a small price to pay for security....and at least Trump is trying to throw out ideas

Only thing we have heard from democrats is no SOTU speech in house

Maybe you are right....maybe wrong....time will tell

We're well past, "maybe". The polls show that a majority of the American people realize that 5.7b is far too large a price for an ineffective solution to border security. And throwing out ideaS?!? LOL, he's stuck on one and only one idea and he's willing to hold our government hostage until he gets it. You let us know when he comes up with any other ideas.

The only thing we've heard from our petty president is no government plane for Pelosi to visit our troops in a war zone.

Time will tell if Trump's extortion succeeds...

Back
Top Bottom