• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are Protestors Nothing but Bums?

vergiss said:
So what's a "dishonest" protester? I don't recall you providing an answer anywhere.

Post #25. I hadn't realized that I needed to provide a answer.

I began protesting against the war before it even began. It worries me because of the lives that were lost, and will continue to be lost - both those of innocent Iraqis, and those of our brave soldiers. Those are my feelings, pure and simple. So which category do I fall under, hmm?

I don't take many of them seriously in the first place. So i really couldn't care what they do with there time off. I don't belive many of them even care about what there protesting. After hearing them talkit amazes me that they have the ability to protest anything. It seems that a lot of them are very uniformed about the main issue of the protest. Then there are the splinter protest that always occur in the midst of the main protest. These include the ever popular legalized drugs, and anarchist. These it so happens tend to be the first to destroy **** when protesting for the day is loosing it's fun. It's a chance for them to get together and scream about how bad the country is. It has nothing or little to do with the issue. Just there gnarled feelings to their country.

Calm2Chaos said:
I don't take many of them seriously in the first place. So i really couldn't care what they do with there time off. I don't belive many of them even care about what there protesting. After hearing them talkit amazes me that they have the ability to protest anything. It seems that a lot of them are very uniformed about the main issue of the protest. Then there are the splinter protest that always occur in the midst of the main protest. These include the ever popular legalized drugs, and anarchist. These it so happens tend to be the first to destroy **** when protesting for the day is loosing it's fun. It's a chance for them to get together and scream about how bad the country is. It has nothing or little to do with the issue. Just there gnarled feelings to their country.

Feeling better now that you got that off your chest?

vergiss said:
I began protesting against the war before it even began. It worries me because of the lives that were lost, and will continue to be lost - both those of innocent Iraqis, and those of our brave soldiers. Those are my feelings, pure and simple. So which category do I fall under, hmm?

I don't know. You tell me. I think you are conflicted. While I have no reason to believe that they aren't genuine, you are contradicting your "worries." If you are and were worried about Iraqi lives before the war than you should have been in favor of freeing them from Saddam after thirty years of abuse.

vergiss said:
Feeling better now that you got that off your chest?

**SIGHHHH***

I think so ....LOL

I may disagree with aps views of things and she may disagree to see the issues in the Middle East that I see, but at least her integrity and honor is solid. She knows why she is protesting and she is honest about it. How many liars participated this weekend?

Hey GySgt, thanks!

aps said:
I may disagree with aps views of things and she may disagree to see the issues in the Middle East that I see, but at least her integrity and honor is solid. She knows why she is protesting and she is honest about it. How many liars participated this weekend?

Hey GySgt, thanks!

Honesty and Integrity will always carry a person honorably through to the end.

the topic of honest protesting is interesting and very relevant with this anti-war movement. i read that many of the 100,000+ in attendance believed we shouldnt have invaded Iraq but did not support a US pull-out. this is Sheehan's primary goal. she wants to rally people against this administration to evoke some kind of public-willed retreat. if you dont support this, why would you stand by her in protest? i support this war, but that doesnt mean i would demostrate with a leader who did as well but also wanted to nuc Iraq and get it over with because i obviously dont belief thats an answer.

to be honest, i cant see any good hearted protestor supporting Sheehan. she's become nothing more than a mouthpiece for liberal groups like moveon.org and her lack of respect for military families is disgusting (if you watched her on Donnie Deutsche's show youd know what im talking about when she sarcastically reamed the crying mother of a fallen marine).

you cant 'support our troops' and support Sheehan at the same time. if you think so, you're obviously not looking out for their best interests, and thats what supporting someone is all about.

There are a few war protestors that are sincerely against the war in Iraq but they are few and far between...................Most of them have their own political agenda and could care less about Iraq....They just want to hurt the President and are taking avantage of the very few sincere protestors...........

I have a liberal friend who is against the war and went to a protest prior to its starting and he was embarrassed by what he saw..........He said although he is still against the war he will never go to another protest like that........

Navy Pride said:
There are a few war protestors that are sincerely against the war in Iraq but they are few and far between...................Most of them have their own political agenda and could care less about Iraq....They just want to hurt the President and are taking avantage of the very few sincere protestors...........

In order to find that out, I assume you have spoken to the vast majority of protesters individually. I admire your dedication.

vergiss said:
Uh, mate? Does the name "Gandhi" mean anything to you?

Point well taken, although I would argue that the peaceful portion of Gandhi's protest only scratched the surface of what he wanted to change.

Do we have another major issue changed primarily through peaceful protest? (don't give me the civil rights era, there was little peaceful about it)

I am in no way against protest. I just think it is a very poor use of time if you want to change something. As I said before, protest makes large numbers of people feel as though they have "made a difference" when in fact no difference was made. Does anyone honestly think that 100,000 people milling about on the mall on a Saturday afternoon shouting slogans and singing songs really changed the world one whit?

walrus said:
Point well taken, although I would argue that the peaceful portion of Gandhi's protest only scratched the surface of what he wanted to change.

Do we have another major issue changed primarily through peaceful protest? (don't give me the civil rights era, there was little peaceful about it)

I am in no way against protest. I just think it is a very poor use of time if you want to change something. As I said before, protest makes large numbers of people feel as though they have "made a difference" when in fact no difference was made. Does anyone honestly think that 100,000 people milling about on the mall on a Saturday afternoon shouting slogans and singing songs really changed the world one whit?

Negative. This is what I have said. Protests don't change anything unless you have a weak leader.

1) Protesting during Vietnam only prolonged the war...
http://www.marxist.com/usa/defeat_US_in_vietnam1102.html
http://www.fpri.org/footnotes/064.200007.winterstein.teachingvietnam.html

2) Protesting did wonders to screw us over in Somalia.
(24 Pakistanis and 100 Somali civilians wouldn't have dies if our hands weren't tied by our "poll" happy Commander in Chief. 'Black Hawk Down' wouldn't have happened if we were allowed to do our jobs.)

3) And we will be out of Iraq before anyone cares to give the protesters a second glance.

Naughty Nurse said:
In order to find that out, I assume you have spoken to the vast majority of protesters individually. I admire your dedication.

No but I watched them and their speeches on C-SPAN prior to the war and that was good enough for me.........

GySgt said:
You, at least, would be an "honest" protester.

I hate to break this to you, but we will not protect you from a terrorist attack in America. Terrorist will not mobilize and sail across the ocean and cross the border and attack. They will drop an airplane, they will set off a bomb, they will commence to opening up a rifle in a crown...etc. The only way to defend America from terrorism is to take the fight there. At least in Iraq, Al-Queda is coming to us where we can fight them. We gutted them in Afghanistan and still they have legions of fighters. This would be more of that failing civilization throughout the Middle East I was talking about where Al-Queda and their affiliates have millions and millions of supporters. They explain away their lack of opportunity that their blaspemous form of religion has offered them by using us as an enemy. They kill for their god and nothing more. You strip away their facade of politics and they will still kill for their god. There is over thirty years of proof to back this up. There is also the spread of this terror, which is obvious to anyone that will look at it. Fighting this is what will save you from a terrorist attack in America.

WHO is we in
"When we thought that saddam had wmds"

I don't know anyone ,that thought that ,here in Canada.
there may have been some, but I didn't see any.
Evewryone heard the UN inspectors say none .
everyone heard america's man in iraq say none.

I think the only people that thought that he did have wmds are the Americans that let cheney ,bush ,powel ,do the thinking for them !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Pride

Proud to be Eurotrash

um have you seen the bush polls lol ratings down he needs another war
anti war support is well beyond 100,000
100,000 million is my estimate

why is there a very nasty side to America when ever someone stands up for peace
is it because they crave for war, they are taught war in school, and in sports.
YOU would think it would be the opposite !when ever someone stood up for war ,a nasty side would reveal itself.
americans are backwards

Canuck said:
WHO is we in
"When we thought that saddam had wmds"

I don't know anyone ,that thought that ,here in Canada.
there may have been some, but I didn't see any.
Evewryone heard the UN inspectors say none .
everyone heard america's man in iraq say none.

I think the only people that thought that he did have wmds are the Americans that let cheney ,bush ,powel ,do the thinking for them !

First of all...I didn't say this in the qoute you referenced.

Second...He had WMD in the late 90's and they "dissappeared." Any report that stated that he did not have them also made no discovery of where they went. "Not found" doesn't mean "doesn't have." Either way, we don't have to worry about Saddam anymore do we?

Third... You are Canadian, so what does it matter what you guys think since you have nothing to do with anything anyway. (By the way, you're welcome for your securities.)

Fourth...the military doesn't need anyone to "do our thinking for us." It was us that have been largely ignored since the mid 80's regarding terrorism and the Middle East problems that are creating them. We are still being ignored.

You see this is the difference between belonging to a country that does the fighting and dying and belonging to a country that reaps the benefits of that other country.

Canuck said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Pride

Proud to be Eurotrash

um have you seen the bush polls lol ratings down he needs another war
anti war support is well beyond 100,000
100,000 million is my estimate

why is there a very nasty side to America when ever someone stands up for peace
is it because they crave for war, they are taught war in school, and in sports.
YOU would think it would be the opposite !when ever someone stood up for war ,a nasty side would reveal itself.
americans are backwards

Because it's not standing up for peace. It's standing up for appeasement. It's standing up for allowing the rest of the world to rot as long as it isn't you. It's standing up for a false peace. It's standing up for allowing the creation of these extremists to flourish in the Middle East. If Canada was at war for its survival and America jumped into the mix and our people started protesting for peace, should we just leave you?

If Americans are backwards, then what are Canadians....useless?

Last edited:

No I didn't but I watched all the protests on C-SPAN prior to the war and based my opinion on that....

Back
Top Bottom