• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are people really pissed off?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Trump supporters keep telling me that people are pissed off. That's like the only thing they can say about Trump that is good at this point. But is that really the case?

Is there any data to support their claims? Does distrust of the Congress relate to how people vote? If so, why do the same people keep on getting re-elected? Case in point, McCain and Rubio are both running for re-election and they are poised to win both their respective races.

Well how it was explained to me is everyone loves their own congressperson, but they just hate and blame everyone else's so nothing changes.

Trump supporters keep telling me that people are pissed off. That's like the only thing they can say about Trump that is good at this point. But is that really the case?

Is there any data to support their claims? Does distrust of the Congress relate to how people vote? If so, why do the same people keep on getting re-elected? Case in point, McCain and Rubio are both running for re-election and they are poised to win both their respective races.

Yes google it and you get 1,380,000 million hits. The ones that are most pissed are the older blue collar whites, their jobs are going over seas and to automation. they dont often vote.

Sure -- all you have to do is look at this forum. Everyone's pissed about something.

Me? I'm pissed at both parties, hence, my signature.

Yes google it and you get 1,380,000 million hits. The ones that are most pissed are the older blue collar whites, their jobs are going over seas and to automation. they dont often vote.

Older people are the highest demographic of voters.

Also....it is the younger people who are having the hard time finding jobs.

Nice job with those comments Aristotle!

Well, approximately 100,000,000 own guns. I'd venture most of them are pissed. If I were in law enforcement, I'd be pissed; that tallies to another 1.1 million (2008). There are 10,000,000 self-employed in the U.S. I'd guess most of those are pissed. Teachers and other public pension recipients are probably pissed because almost all public pensions are grossly under-funded.

IMO there are tens of millions of people who are fed up. Is that enough? I guess we'll have to see.

It happened in Canada and was a complete shock....we were so sick of our two main parties who were running neck and neck. People were angry and decided to show a vote of dissatisfaction. The NDP swept it, much to the shock of the polls and both main parties but especially a shock to the NDP who had no idea they would win or what to do if they did.

Guess what changed....nothing

only the party everyone was bitching about....that's what changed

Well how it was explained to me is everyone loves their own congressperson, but they just hate and blame everyone else's so nothing changes.

I hate my congressperson, I hate my senators and I hate my governor. I didn't vote for any of them.

It happened in Canada and was a complete shock....we were so sick of our two main parties who were running neck and neck. People were angry and decided to show a vote of dissatisfaction. The NDP swept it, much to the shock of the polls and both main parties but especially a shock to the NDP who had no idea they would win or what to do if they did.

Guess what changed....nothing

only the party everyone was bitching about....that's what changed

That's kinda how I feel would happen.

Trump is not a bad choice. He has a lot going for him. I'm just sorry I can't use him but I may find this is not the case.

McCain and Rubio will probably win with the way the Democrats are approaching gun control from the stone ages. I won't be able to turn it on them for their economic Neanderthalism.

so what do you predict the outcome will be

the only momentary satisfaction I got (and this was before internet really got happening) was that I knew those mofo's were gasping for air...it was just seat, after seat after seat they lost

I don't have a prediction, but I have no skin in this game. I just can't force myself to vote for any of these horrible choices, yet the supporters of both candidates still cheer for them like they are the second coming.

Scores of millions of Americans are pissed-off about their personal economic situation .. and the great majority of them are not focused on social issues -- they want living wage jobs so they can take care of themselves and their families and that's all they really care about.

Too many American citizens' jobs were lost prior to and during the Great Recession, and they have simply not returned.

The Trump phenomenon is fueled by people who don't normally participate, but Trump has brought them out of the woodwork. Then you have Bernie's people too.

A lot of people are tired of their personal economic descent and plateaued struggle.

That pisses them off.

Here you go:

Indeed, 69% of poll respondents agreed with the statement that they “feel angry because our political system seems to only be working for the insiders with money and power, like those on Wall Street or in Washington, rather than working to help everyday people get ahead. hat anger cuts across just about every partisan and demographic line.
WSJ/NBC Poll Finds Anger at Political System - WSJ

Trump is not a bad choice. He has a lot going for him. I'm just sorry I can't use him but I may find this is not the case.

McCain and Rubio will probably win with the way the Democrats are approaching gun control from the stone ages. I won't be able to turn it on them for their economic Neanderthalism.

trump is a gawd awful choice.

I would be pissed if I was not so apathetic.

trump is a gawd awful choice.

Fine and if you're old enough to vote then don't vote for him. We've heard it all before. Most folks won't take the time to care about your thoughts on the matter when deciding what they think for themselves.

I'm not pissed off.

I am voting against my current Congressman in the primary, but only because I support one of his opponents wholeheartedly. I will support the incumbent if he ends up taking the primary because the Democrat he's facing is absolutely gruesome.

I'm not pissed off.

I am voting against my current Congressman in the primary, but only because I support one of his opponents wholeheartedly. I will support the incumbent if he ends up taking the primary because the Democrat he's facing is absolutely gruesome.

Bad Democrat is better than a good Republican.

Fine and if you're old enough to vote then don't vote for him. We've heard it all before. Most folks won't take the time to care about your thoughts on the matter when deciding what they think for themselves.

you have to hold your nose real hard to vote for that cheat

For the record:

I am THAT PISSED OFF.

I am ready to burn DC to the ground if those assholes dont start doing some good work.

:rantoff:

Back
Top Bottom