• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are older women still sexy?

opendebate

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
So my guy and I have this discussion often and he consistently tells me I am dead wrong. I think that the majority of men ( men, not boys who can't let go of their peepee yet) especially in this country have a very narrow appreciation of female beauty. He claims that youth is a different kind of beauty and that older, confident, poised women are much sexier. Hmmmmm? So here you go.....let him have it.

Last edited:
men, not boys who can't let go of their peepee yet.

Goodness, do you ever have it backwards.

The more mature the man, the more he appreciates a mature woman.The more infantile the boy,the more he is looking for somebody equally immature.

Yes. While this can get exaggerated and potentially unflattering to older women who may become objectified for being older and beautiful, it is interesting to see a newer trend of labeling women cougars or milfs in popular culture. Women shouldn't feel like once they hit 40 or above that they aren't that sexy anymore.

Depends on what you mean by "older."

Accomplished, mature women in their 30s/40s are among the most alluring there are.

He's certainly correct that it's a very, very different kind of allure than women in their early 20s, who often are "hot," but nowhere near as attractive.

I'd have to simply say that if you were and are sexy when you're young, you will be sexy when you're older or old. Sexy is more than skin - sexy is attitude, confidence, playfulness, spirit, adventure, humour, and a host of other attributes that truly sexy women possess and they never lose.

So my guy and I have this discussion often and he consistently tells me I am dead wrong. I think that the majority of men ( men, not boys who can't let go of their peepee yet) especially in this country have a very narrow appreciation of female beauty. He claims that youth is a different kind of beauty and that older, confident, poised women are much sexier. Hmmmmm? So here you go.....let him have it.

In the adult-arena where I'm a member (online) a lot of men go for older women for exactly those reasons. Many cite that today's 'girls' are immature, self centered, inexperienced, and don't appreciate the finer things in life...and I'm not really referring to the trope of 'Milf' either - but normal people, normal interests, normal lives.

I, at the same time (being female) don't find youth to be attractive in the slightest because those who are younger than me (early 20's - I'm in my mid 30's) are often immature and inexperienced in life as well. I don't need defined abs and youthful stamina to find someone attractive. (now - for some reason - people find this more 'understandable' from young women than from young men)

I need a woman with considerable experience, so that I can be appreciated. A young woman, with little experience, might think that a guy like me is common and thereby not give me the respect I deserve. Men who go after young women are looking for an easy judge and manipulatable partner. They fear experienced assessment and independent women. They're substandard, they know it, and they're looking for someone who will not realize it.

Women of considerable accomplishment are sexy. Dumbass morons (young people in general) are not.

I'm (a very experienced) 42 and find 40s and 50s the most sexy. I could even get into the 60s if she's sporty.

Last edited:

Bah, I'm older than dirt and still too sexy for my shirt. See avatar for proof. :)

Depends on what you mean by "older"... as everyone else is saying.

It's still pretty typical for men to go for women 5-10 yrs younger, and women to go for men 5-10y older. I mean, mature people 35-55.

Similar even in high school... most girls date guys their age or 1-2 yrs older, most boys date girls their age or 1-2 yrs younger.

Its so common I wonder if it might be something instinctive.

In adulthood I've dated women who were two-three years older than me sometimes, and some that were quite a bit younger. I lost interest in really young gals (early-mid 20s) not too long ago, after a girl half my age made a play... I gave it a try, it crashed and burned in a couple months. Had to put early-30s as a lower limit after that... got to have some depth and experience or it gets boring quick.

Now there are women my age or a bit older who are appealing too, some who are still sexy yes. Part of it though is that as an older man you realize you're looking for more than just a hot bod and a pretty face; you're looking for character, depth, experience, and so on.

But I'm not gonna lie... in terms of pure physical hotness, women are typically most sexy around 22-32yo and yeah it typically fades a bit as you get older than that. Young/healthy/fit and so on is lovely to look upon... but I have a saying: The young gals are just for looking at, you don't want to have to actually keep one. All surface and no substance, more often than not.

Helen Mirren, for instance (was in RED 2010 w/ Bruce Willis/etc) is in her late sixties and still quite a sexy woman, though in a different way from, say Nina Dobrev or Ellen Page or Zooey wasserface. Helen Mirram's appeal is slightly more subtle and less defined by sheer physicality.

So in essence its complicated. :mrgreen:

You can ask my boyfriend. I'm 10 years his senior.

I'm 44, BTW. I believe confidence, maturity, kindness and passion is sexy, no matter the age.

Sexy is an attitude, IMHO.

You can ask my boyfriend. I'm 10 years his senior.

I'm 44, BTW. I believe confidence, maturity, kindness and passion is sexy, no matter the age.

Sexy is an attitude, IMHO.

I'll take that as a yes.

Goodness, do you ever have it backwards.

The more mature the man, the more he appreciates a mature woman.The more infantile the boy,the more he is looking for somebody equally immature.

I'm afraid I will have to disagree. When I was on a dating site years ago, I was shocked at the number of "men" much younger than myself who contacted me. They mostly wanted nothing more than a MILF.

Also, apart from yourself, mature men are hard to find. It's really quite amazing how many men in the 40s still primarily think with the smaller brain in their pants.

I'm afraid I will have to disagree. When I was on a dating site years ago, I was shocked at the number of "men" much younger than myself who contacted me. They mostly wanted nothing more than a MILF.

Also, apart from yourself, mature men are hard to find. It's really quite amazing how many men in the 40s still primarily think with the smaller brain in their pants.

I will agree with you there. Although I will say the experiences I've had with dating sites are horrible overall. They seem over run with that type of guy.

I will agree with you there. Although I will say the experiences I've had with dating sites are horrible overall. They seem over run with that type of guy.

OK....seriously...you set up a "chick buffet" with these websites and then figure we're going to leave Mr. Happy out of the decision process? Really?:doh

OK....seriously...you set up a "chick buffet" with these websites and then figure we're going to leave Mr. Happy out of the decision process? Really?:doh

Didn't say that. One would expect maybe one out of thousands wouldn't be a total creeper. :shrug:

They have websites for those that only want a nsa relationship, why don't they go to those? Maybe it's because it winds up being a sausage fest? :D

Didn't say that. One would expect maybe one out of thousands wouldn't be a total creeper. :shrug:

They have websites for those that only want a nsa relationship, why don't they go to those? Maybe it's because it winds up being a sausage fest? :D

That could be. I really have no idea and should probably keep my mouth shut on the subject since I have never really messed with those sites beyond a mild curiosity.

your age plus fifteen years equals "old"

ahh..well, going with that rule.. the answer is no... I don't generally find 75 yr old women to be sexy.
i'm sure they are out there, but in general , I'm not seeing it.

of course, if i'm alive to see my wife turn 75, i'll change my mind on the matter.... she's eternally sexy to me.

some younger women are extremely sexy to me... but that really only goes for women over 40...that's about as young as I can go without getting into "ick" territory.

But what dating site are you on, now?

I might have to update my profile.

That could be. I really have no idea and should probably keep my mouth shut on the subject since I have never really messed with those sites beyond a mild curiosity.

You ain't missing much. I would advise anyone to steer clear. Waste of time, IMHO.

You ain't missing much. I would advise anyone to steer clear. Waste of time, IMHO.

I had to laugh a little last week, when I registered for facebook. I keep having an ad pop up on the right side of the page for "senior singles". I thought to myself, how the hell do they know my freaking age? :lol:

well, I think when we are " looking for love" in the open market.. it's pretty difficult not to include Willy in on the decision making process.
the difference between younger and older men is how much power over the decision we allow willie.

in my 20's , he commanded the process...
in my 40's, not so much... it was a 50/50 deal.
in my 60's ... meh, he's like libertarians in government... kinda loud, but often ignored.

Back
Top Bottom