• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are officers too quick to fire Tasers?

Kyle

Reaction score
How One Tasing Unfolded in Boynton Beach

The Aug. 6, 2004 incident began as a normal traffic stop but took an ominous turn when the driver refused to get out of her SUV. It ended with a Boynton Beach Police officer hitting the 22-year-old woman twice with his Taser during her arrest.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...er_video3a.html

I believe he was completely justified in using his Taser as the women would not exit the vehicle after over 30 seconds of him asking her to do so. Your thoughts?

Word to the wise, keep your volume down...she's a squealer

Warning. There's some graphic language on the "arrest" video too. She was obstinant, rude, and uncooperative with authority. She was warned and ignored it.

I think there may have been another way to go around this, but legally, the officer was in his right completely.

ShamMol said:
I think there may have been another way to go around this, but legally, the officer was in his right completely.

What would you consider the most appropriate way?

She was driving with a suspended license,broken windshield, broken taillights, not wearing a seatbelt, was uncooperative, and belligerent. He explained to her why she was stopped but but she continued to be abrasive and supposedly took a whack at the other officer.

Justified tasering.

Back
Top Bottom