• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Nazi's Automatically Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw.

sad-panda.jpg

What about folks that speak of quarantining or mass deportations of a religious/ethnic group? Shouldn't they be banned for that?

What about folks that speak of quarantining or mass deportations of a religious/ethnic group? Shouldn't they be banned for that?

Why should they be banned for this? It is not hate speech to suggest that religious/ethnic groups should be segregated, nor to express the opinion that single ethnicity nation-states are desirable, as long as that opinion is expressed in the absence of racial slurs, negative stereotypes about the ethnicity in question, or advocacy of genocide.

Of course, the rules are stricter in the Middle East forum because the difficulties we've experienced in keeping that forum civil.

If we enforced the rules in the fashion you are suggesting, it would make it practically impossible to discuss any nation's immigration policies.

Why should they be banned for this? It is not hate speech to suggest that religious/ethnic groups should be segregated, nor to express the opinion that single ethnicity nation-states are desirable, as long as that opinion is expressed in the absence of racial slurs, negative stereotypes about the ethnicity in question, or advocacy of genocide.

Of course, the rules are stricter in the Middle East forum because the difficulties we've experienced in keeping that forum civil.

If we enforced the rules in the fashion you are suggesting, it would make it practically impossible to discuss any nation's immigration policies.

I have no problem with discussions with Nazis or Fascists or Communists at the other extreme - as long as they are prepared to discuss in a civil manner or at the very least do not insult those whose opinions are different without resorting to calling them "leftards" / "scum" / "vermin" etc.

I have no problem with discussions with Nazis or Fascists or Communists at the other extreme - as long as they are prepared to discuss in a civil manner or at the very least do not insult those whose opinions are different without resorting to calling them "leftards" / "scum" / "vermin" etc.

That's the purpose of this website, and why we have our Forum Rules in the first place.

areyoykiddingme.png

Are they?????

In some countries that were my directly (physically) affected by nazi-Germany they are banned.
In others - not so much.

It depends on where you are and just what is being discussed (there's more to "Nazi" than the party-values).

"Nazi" in some ways is like "Goth" or "Industrial Punk" - a political angst fashion statement - clothing, attitude - all for attention.
Then there are those who embrace it ideology wise - but never would be able to act on their beliefs as how such things are taboo.
And of course there are those who would act if they could.

There's always a line - sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not. . . but it can be crossed regardless.

crazyperson.jpg

:monkey:2dance::monkey

images

Any day now the 'freakout pictures' in serious debate, etc, posts can stop.

If I wanted to actually see all of that I'd wander into the basement or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom