• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Most Americans Better Off if Police Stop Interacting w/ Black People?

Are Most Americans Better Off if Police Stop Interacting w/ Black People?

• Yes - Black suspects

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Yes - Black victims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Black suspects and/or black victims

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are they?

Consider that:

1. most people in this country are not black.
  2. most crime committed by black people or against black people is committed against or by other black people, respectively.
  3. a black person being on the receiving end of a non-identity-politics-friendly interaction with police can quickly lead to destruction of public and private property, rioting, murder in the streets, and other things that can readily dampen a white person's good time.
Given 1 and 2, in large part, white people probably won't much notice if police stop attempting law-enforcement where black people are concerned. Given 3, they would probably notice an improvement in their lives in the form of less destruction from rioting, etc.

So, does that mean most Americans would be better off if the police just stopped interacting with black people?

Note the options:

• Suspect only - Only not interact when the suspect is black regardless of the race of the other participants
  • Victim only - Only not interact when the victim is black regardless of the race of the other participants
  • Both - Don't interact if the suspect or victim are black

Try to answer based on running the numbers - disregard, for the moment, whether it would be moral for police to refuse interactions with people based on race. Just consider the numbers and the goal of optimizing the public good of the highest number of people.

Your entire question is based on the premise that the problem is Black people.

Also, those folks you’re referring to are Americans, fellow citizens.

If there were no Negroes in the United States the crime rate would be much lower. The cost of our criminals justice system and welfare systems would be much lower.

If there were no Negroes in the United States the crime rate would be much lower. The cost of our criminals justice system and welfare systems would be much lower.

Ah, so poverty would be cured if we only got rid of “negroes.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah, so poverty would be cured if we only got rid of “negroes.”

Poor Negroes are poor because of low intelligence. Whites are not responsible. Negroes are not discriminated against. They are discriminated in favor of with affirmative action. Trillions of dollars disproportionately paid by whites, have been spent on anti poverty programs designed mainly to help Negroes.

Poor Negroes are poor because of low intelligence. Whites are not responsible. Negroes are not discriminated against. They are discriminated in favor of with affirmative action. Trillions of dollars disproportionately paid by whites, have been spent on anti poverty programs designed mainly to help Negroes.

So you want to wipe out Kentucky? Appalachians?

Trump voters would definitely have to go in your country.

The Democratic Party does not want to spend any money protecting blacks and black communities. All police resources should be spent defending rich people according to the Democratic Party.

No it isn't.

It's based on the three premises made explicit in the OP.

Also, those folks you’re referring to are Americans, fellow citizens.

Although true, this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread...

No it isn't.

It's based on the three premises made explicit in the OP.

Although true, this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread...

The topic of the thread is inherently racist, based on racist framing, proposing a racist solution.

White males have created far more violence and lawlessness than all the Black americans combined. Shall we discuss what to do about them?

Resisting legitimate arrest is in fact provocation.
Assaulting an officer is in fact provocation.
Not complying with an officer's legal instructions is in fact provocation.

118196707_3624645860880136_4361816724882012840_o.jpg

:shrug:

These people call themselves believers in "small government" but also believe in a group of people who can and should kill you if you are remotely uncooperative on their approach. You completely reject the concept of force proportional to the threat. You just think "KILL ALL WHO RESIST." Well, if they're black. I posted a video of a white guy who got back in his vehicle against orders, and even threatened to kill the officer, some reason he wasn't killed on the spot.

Also:

BREONNA

TAYLOR

WAS

SLEEPING

The topic of the thread is inherently racist, based on racist framing, proposing a racist solution.

All nonsense that again has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

White males have created far more violence and lawlessness than all the Black americans combined. Shall we discuss what to do about them?

Sure. In a thread on that topic.

All nonsense that again has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Sure. In a thread on that topic.

Feel free to stop replying to my posts. Your thread topic opens the door to exactly these kinds of discussions.

White males pose a much greater threat to the general public than any other group in the country, by a lot. If we are going to discuss actually removing a group of people that we believe will immediately improve life in the country, we need to start with white guys.

Most serial killers: white guys.
Most mass shooters: white guys.
Most rapists: white guys.
Most wars started: white guys.
Most guns owned and distributed in the country: white guys.

If you want me to take you seriously on this subject, you’re gonna have to start bringing some real logic and reason to the table on this one.

So let’s discuss this.

These people call themselves believers in "small government" but also believe in a group of people who can and should kill you if you are remotely uncooperative on their approach. You completely reject the concept of force proportional to the threat. You just think "KILL ALL WHO RESIST." Well, if they're black. I posted a video of a white guy who got back in his vehicle against orders, and even threatened to kill the officer, some reason he wasn't killed on the spot.

Also:

BREONNA

TAYLOR

WAS

SLEEPING
7 Myths & Misconceptions About The Breonna Taylor Case | The Daily Wire

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My first job after passing the bar was as an ADA. I can assure you based on my past experience and observation number two is incorrect.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk

Should police stop interacting with black suspects you would literally be throwing an entire segment of the black society to the wolves. Elderly blacks would be preyed upon viciously by younger blacks. it would literally be the apocalypse for the black community.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk

Anecdotes don't count for much.

The overwhelming majority of victim crime is intraracial.

It's established fact.

That was not an anecdote. That would be the local case of three armed civilians chasing down and killing a jogger in cold blood. Would you care to define "victim crime"? Is that like ***** grabbing? Tax evasion? Purse snatching? Car jacking? Robbery? Assault? Attempted murder? Murder? If it is established fact, I'm sure you can provide the data for the fact. The FBI publishes such stuff. I'm pretty sure that in the case of murder and attempted murder, it may be persons of color vs persons of color due to inner city crime numbers. Not black on white. On the whole, white people are pretty safe what ever they do.

So, does that mean most Americans would be better off if the police just stopped interacting with black people?

Not sure you can realistically say no interaction at all, but...

I would certainly like to see more African American police working in African American parts of the country. I would also like to see a requirement that for a police officer to work in a given precinct they must live within that precinct's jurisdiction.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but I'd also like to see a requirement that a police officer cannot be paid more than a teacher with the same experience level within that district.

Back
Top Bottom