• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are liberal stupid?

Are liberals stupid?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Real McCoy said:
My case for liberals being stupid:

They want stricter gun control when all this serves to do is tip the balance of gun ownership to the criminal world.

There is nothing wrong with the banning of guns guns in the wrong hands kill people. Do you want more dead children killed acidentally by them playing with them?

The Real McCoy said:
They want more welfare when welfare doesn't work. (Clinton knew this)

True in some cases it doesn't but it is there to help the most vunerable people in society. Do conservates want people to starve on the street? Are they that heartless?
The Real McCoy said:
They oppose free trade when free trade benefits evryone. (Clinton knew this too)
Doest help the person who looses his job to a heartless company taking his job to another country. Once again conservates are heartless.
The Real McCoy said:
They want "free health care" when no such thing exists.
Everyone should have access to health care. Do you want people dying in the streets. Conservates are heartless they want the poor to be sick and die.
The Real McCoy said:
They want us to be more involved with the UN when the UN is filled with corrupt, self serving countries who could give a **** about the international good.

That sounds like the USA as of the last 5 years.... What was it BUsh is calling it now preemitive war?

The Real McCoy said:
They seem to think the 1st amendment gives them "freedom FROM religion", not "freedom OF religion" which is what it really says.

Yes I have the right not to look at, hear, participate in religious activities not of my choosing. Only a conservate believes that everyone should be a good little christian if they know whats good for them. Only a conservative wants to shove religion down someones throat.
The Real McCoy said:
They claim to be the ones for "equality" while supporting discrimination (through Afirmative Action)
Do you really think that people of color can get equal access? Only a conservate believes that they don't have to make room for others.
The Real McCoy said:
They want us to lose in Iraq and hand an oil-rich nation over to al-Qaeda on a silver platter.

I think the Bush adminstration has done a very good job of removing a secular, anti-religious, leader and handing Iraq right into the hands of people that hold the same fantical religious views as Bin Laden and al-Qaeda.

The Real McCoy said:
They whine that we aren't doing enough to combat hunger in the world when this problem is caused by corrupt governments and much of the aid we provide goes to nefarious leaders. Then liberals complain about "nation building" and US intervention in foreign governments.

Once again conservates would not want us to even try and feed the worlds poor.
The Real McCoy said:
They've infected the education system and the media with their liberalism, brainwashing our nation's youth and anyone else who is so easily swayed.
Acually the conservates are leading the sheep to slaughter with the likes of limbaugh, hannity, oriely, and colter.

The Real McCoy said:
They want to further unravel the fabric of the traditional American family and disintegrate communication between parents and their children. They'd rather see the government take the role of the parent.
Conservatives have done a great job at this one too, by deviding the country into factions
The Real McCoy said:
They support the 9th Circuit Court of appeals.
Not sure what you mean by this
The Real McCoy said:
They dumb down our language through "Political Correctness"
This Either.
The Real McCoy said:
They're too busy whining and complaining instead of winning elections.
Well the tide is changing as more and more people begin to relize that conservates only care about money and inflicting their outdated religious morals into peoples lives.
The Real McCoy said:
In short, they want a government that far exceeds it's constitutionally bound limits.
As far as I am concerned the government isn't large enough to stop the conservates from ruining our lives, removing protections, and keeping business from distoying the earth.
The Real McCoy said:
While I can't speak for all liberals, as everyone has their own opinions, these are the insane modern day liberal philosophies.

They are just your opinion.

The view is from the POV of a heartless conservates that would let the poor suffer, and die. That would seek to impose their moral values on everyone.

Gilluin said:
There is nothing wrong with the banning of guns guns in the wrong hands kill people. Do you want more dead children killed acidentally by them playing with them?

Exactly. Unfortunately, the more guns are restricted, the more criminals have them vs. law abiding citizens that have them to defend themselves. Flordia is a perfect example of less gun restriction lowering crime. And the number of kids being killed by playing with guns is SO small.. the media blew it WAY out of proportion. It's the parents' responsibility to educate their children.

Gilluin said:
True in some cases it doesn't but it is there to help the most vunerable people in society. Do conservates want people to starve on the street? Are they that heartless?

Absolutely not. Conservatives are smart enough to realize there are alternate solutions to the government handing out taxpayer money to help those in need.

Gilluin said:
Doest help the person who looses his job to a heartless company taking his job to another country. Once again conservates are heartless.

Once again, with all this outsoucring that liberals cry foul at, why are unemployment rates dropping?

Gilluin said:
Everyone should have access to health care. Do you want people dying in the streets. Conservates are heartless they want the poor to be sick and die.

Of course not. There are plenty of alternatives to affordable health care that don't include socialized medicine. Tort reform being a big one and also shifting responsibility back to the individual, encouraging them to make healthier choices.

"An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure" ~Benjamin Franklin

Gilluin said:
That sounds like the USA as of the last 5 years.... What was it BUsh is calling it now preemitive war?

The USA recognizes the setbacks and failures of the UN.

Gilluin said:
Yes I have the right not to look at, hear, participate in religious activities not of my choosing. Only a conservate believes that everyone should be a good little christian if they know whats good for them. Only a conservative wants to shove religion down someones throat.

So people can't have religious symbols on their front lawns because you have this "right not to look at" them? People aren't allowed to talk about their religion with you because you have the "right now to hear" them? I wasn't aware of these rights.

Gilluin said:
Do you really think that people of color can get equal access? Only a conservate believes that they don't have to make room for others.

Doesn't change the fact that affirmative action is racism. Doesn't matter what color you are, your merit is based on your works.

Gilluin said:
I think the Bush adminstration has done a very good job of removing a secular, anti-religious, leader and handing Iraq right into the hands of people that hold the same fantical religious views as Bin Laden and al-Qaeda.

:rofl :2rofll: The majority of Iraq holds the same views as bin Laden and al Qaeda??? Hahahahahaha good one!

Gilluin said:
Once again conservates would not want us to even try and feed the worlds poor.

Many conservatives favor removing corrupt regimes such as the ones that rule African nations, governments that are mostly responsible for the economic woes of their countries.

Gilluin said:
Acually the conservates are leading the sheep to slaughter with the likes of limbaugh, hannity, oriely, and colter.

I wasn't aware that these pundits had anything to do with the public education system.

What I am aware of is that more people CHOOSE to listen to these individuals than their liberal counterparts.

Gilluin said:
Conservatives have done a great job at this one too, by deviding the country into factions

The liberals in our court system have decided parents don't need to be informed of their children's decisions. How has "dividing the country into factions" unraveled the traditonal family?

Gilluin said:
Not sure what you mean by this

The 9th circuit being by far the most liberal court in the country and making plenty of outrageous decisons.

Gilluin said:
This Either.

You wouldn't.

Gilluin said:
Well the tide is changing as more and more people begin to relize that conservates only care about money and inflicting their outdated religious morals into peoples lives.

The tide is changing more and more? Do you have evidence of this? And claiming that conservatives only care about money and religious values is both contradictory and outrageous (as many liberal ideas are)

Gilluin said:
As far as I am concerned the government isn't large enough to stop the conservates from ruining our lives, removing protections, and keeping business from distoying the earth.

Ruining our lives??? :rofl And businesses don't destroy the earth, people do.

Gilluin said:
The view is from the POV of a heartless conservates that would let the poor suffer, and die. That would seek to impose their moral values on everyone.

A "heartless conservative"? First of all, I'm a libertarian. I don't think the government should get involved with abortion or euthanasia. I don't support the death penalty. I'm for legalized drugs and gambling. I challenge you to find me a conservative with those ideas... and I take insult at assuming you think that I would let the poor suffer and die. I care a great deal about the poor, I think the poor should have as much freedom as possible to capitalize and make the most out of their lives, just as many members of my family did. I have two millionaire uncles who both grew up with next to nothing and worked hard to get where they are and I plan to do the same.

Last edited:
Ivan The Terrible said:
Ivan the Terrible has entered the debate.

Let's see you in action, Ivan.

After reviewing the thread I agree with Gilluin.

Exactly. Unfortunately, the more guns are restricted, the more criminals have them vs. law abiding citizens that have them to defend themselves.

While this point is true you (in your limited human mind) miss the picture bigger . The less guns the law abiding citizens have the more power the government has to control them. The poor humans need this control. It is there destiny.

So people can't have religious symbols on their front lawns because you have this "right not to look at" them? People aren't allowed to talk about their religion with you because you have the "right now to hear" them? I wasn't aware of these rights.

You should be. It is everymans right to force his views on others.

Ivan The Terrible said:
Ivan the Terrible has left the debate.
To the betterment of the forum...

I think that the stupidest people are the ones who try to convince people that they are right using ridiculously spun generalizations with no support whatsoever and think that their posts will make any difference in anyone's opinion (other than people thinking that they are a complete moron)

Ah, a believer in the liberal myths. It's a bunch of crap. Where on Earth did you hear this about liberals?

clearview said:
Ah, a believer in the liberal myths. It's a bunch of crap. Where on Earth did you hear this about liberals?

Can you be a little more specific?

The Real McCoy said:
Can you be a little more specific?

Sorry, forgot the quote I was responding to:
They want stricter gun control when all this serves to do is tip the balance of gun ownership to the criminal world.
They oppose free trade when free trade benefits evryone. (Clinton knew this too)
They want us to be more involved with the UN when the UN is filled with corrupt, self serving countries who could give a **** about the international good.
They seem to think the 1st amendment gives them "freedom FROM religion", not "freedom OF religion" which is what it really says.
They claim to be the ones for "equality" while supporting discrimination (through Afirmative Action)
They want us to lose in Iraq and hand an oil-rich nation over to al-Qaeda on a silver platter.
They whine that we aren't doing enough to combat hunger in the world when this problem is caused by corrupt governments and much of the aid we provide goes to nefarious leaders. Then liberals complain about "nation building" and US intervention in foreign governments.
They've infected the education system and the media with their liberalism, brainwashing our nation's youth and anyone else who is so easily swayed.
They want to further unravel the fabric of the traditional American family and disintegrate communication between parents and their children. They'd rather see the government take the role of the parent.
In short, they want a government that far exceeds it's constitutionally bound limits.
Though I really shouldn't care, I get tired of hearing this crap used as ammunition when it's not true.

clearview said:
Sorry, forgot the quote I was responding to:

Though I really shouldn't care, I get tired of hearing this crap used as ammunition when it's not true.

Most liberals OPPOSE stricter gun controls??

Most liberals are FOR free trade??

Most liberals DON'T want us to be more involved with the UN??

The list goes on...

If so, that's news to me!

Once again, I have to say that I LOVE the title of the thread. It just makes it so much easier to dismiss anything that follows.

shuamort said:
Once again, I have to say that I LOVE the title of the thread. It just makes it so much easier to dismiss anything that follows.

Or we could overlook insignificant typos and address the topic at hand.. :roll:

The Real McCoy said:
Or we could overlook insignificant typos and address the topic at hand.. :roll:
Topic? There's a real and legitimate topic here?

Originally posted by The Real McCoy
It's called a typo... but that's neither here nor there.

My case for liberals being stupid:

While I can't speak for all liberals, as everyone has their own opinions, these are the insane modern day liberal philosophies.
Why don't you shove this up your ass you large menstruating whale snatch!

Billo_Really said:
Why don't you shove this up your ass you large menstruating whale snatch!

Awww.. guilty conscience?

I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant of others. :roll:

The Real McCoy said:
Most liberals OPPOSE stricter gun controls??

Most liberals are FOR free trade??

Most liberals DON'T want us to be more involved with the UN??

The list goes on...

If so, that's news to me!

Show me the proof that MOST liberals believe as you think they do, because I don't know anyone who does. Typically, a statement is made by someone, if it doesn't agree with the conservative view, this person is branded a liberal, then like the supposed "War on Christmas" b.s., that opinion is thrown about as a blanket statement regarding anyone else you feel belongs in the this group.

Originally posted by The Real McCoy:

I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant of others.
I'm tolerant upstairs, not down here.

This is how I get my ya-ya's out.

The Real McCoy said:

I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant of others. :roll:

You're confusing tolerance with politeness. Tolerance is the ability to endure hardship or pain, it doesn't mean silent acceptance of someone else's opinion or behavior just to be nice or politically correct. Generally, liberals tend to be believe more than conservatives that you limit yourself and don't learn anything new if you don't open your mind to someone else's perspective.

lib-er-al
  • Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
  • Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

clearview said:
Show me the proof that MOST liberals believe as you think they do, because I don't know anyone who does. Typically, a statement is made by someone, if it doesn't agree with the conservative view, this person is branded a liberal, then like the supposed "War on Christmas" b.s., that opinion is thrown about as a blanket statement regarding anyone else you feel belongs in the this group.

*sigh*

On gun control...

http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch204-gunsalesvt.html
http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch705-sengunlock.html
http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch904-housegun.html
http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch105-hsgunliability.html

I won't waste any more time by digging up common knowledge regarding congressional votes on free trade, social programs, afirmative action, etc. and public opinions on the UN and other issues.

clearview said:
You're confusing tolerance with politeness. Tolerance is the ability to endure hardship or pain, it doesn't mean silent acceptance of someone else's opinion or behavior just to be nice or politically correct. Generally, liberals tend to be believe more than conservatives that you limit yourself and don't learn anything new if you don't open your mind to someone else's perspective.

lib-er-al
  • Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
  • Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

The ability to endure hardship and pain is a different deffinition of the word tolerance than what applies here.

A year ago I was very liberal and I'd constantly argue with conservative members of my family. It wasn't until I actually DID open my mind to other ideas that I became more conservative. I'm not saying this is the norm but I find liberals to be just as guilty as conservatives of not opening their minds to opposing ideas, but unlike conservatives, liberals like to march under the banner of "tolerance." Seems like tolerance only applies to those who agree with them.

The Real McCoy said:
*sigh*

On gun control...

http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch204-gunsalesvt.html
http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch705-sengunlock.html
http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch904-housegun.html
http://www.newsbatch.com/vtarch105-hsgunliability.html

I won't waste any more time by digging up common knowledge regarding congressional votes on free trade, social programs, afirmative action, etc. and public opinions on the UN and other issues.

Ok, you're showing charts for the House and Senate showing how each party voted....that's great and all, but the Democratic members of the House and Senate are NOT "most liberals" by any stretch of the phrase.

Stace said:
Ok, you're showing charts for the House and Senate showing how each party voted....that's great and all, but the Democratic members of the House and Senate are NOT "most liberals" by any stretch of the phrase.

It wasn't just democrats voting for gun control, liberal Republicans like McCain did too. ;)

The fact remains, gun control tends to be a tenet of liberal dogma.

Perhaps somebody can provide a public opinion poll to prove otherwise..

The Real McCoy said:
The ability to endure hardship and pain is a different deffinition of the word tolerance than what applies here.

A year ago I was very liberal and I'd constantly argue with conservative members of my family. It wasn't until I actually DID open my mind to other ideas that I became more conservative. I'm not saying this is the norm but I find liberals to be just as guilty as conservatives of not opening their minds to opposing ideas, but unlike conservatives, liberals like to march under the banner of "tolerance." Seems like tolerance only applies to those who agree with them.

We can agree to disagree.

I used to be a ditto head conservative, believing the crap spewing out of the likes of Limbaugh and his crowd. Back then, it was refreshing to hear someone tell it like it is, and ignore "liberal" political correctness -- even though it was the conservatives always preaching to us all about what was "proper" behavior.

Over time, things said and done didn't sit well. Instinct kept telling me something wasn't right. In doing my own investigation, I became aware of the fact that everything Rush and his pals said were lies, or if not, the fact was so twisted after they got through with it, you were left feeling nothing but hateful. Little did I know that was, and still is, the whole point. It doesn't matter if you believe in the conservative movement (whatever that has morphed into now), or that you don't believe in the liberal movement, it only matters that you are anti-liberal/progressive/Democrat. If you look at the recent rise of the new Republican party, especially after Reagan, someone had to take the place of the hated, but now free market Commies, and the Democratic party became the best target. Also, the lust for power was just too great.

Those who were espousing to be so moral and pure, and romancing the untapped base of the religious right (Paul Weyrich, and his cronies), were the best sinners around, and the best at hiding the fact that they were leading double lives, one puritan public, one permissive private. People were brought together, and were paid to put out misinformation to fan the flames of discontent and outright hatred without conscience.

The entire basis of the neocon movement reminds me of how Hitler (read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich) and his followers came to power. I'm not saying conservatives or republicans are evil, but the party has been used by bad people for bad reasons, and it will lose credibility. We need the checks and balances each party has on the other, but right now, there is no balance whatsoever in our government.

Each party marches under their own banner, and I don't believe there is anything wrong in that, as long as it's honest, and not a ploy to deceive and manipulate us in a greedy grab for power. As humans, we initially doubt any vew that doesn't fit ours, and one of the hardest things to do is listen to someone else's with an open mind. That doesn't mean the ability to listen falls into only one party... there are those who listen, and those who don't in both.

Back
Top Bottom